Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texans' Cybertrucks to be shipped out-of-state for purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although it looks like if they are going to ship it out of the state to sell it, the closest place is Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. Trump will love all that border crossing in bulletproof trucks.

Though perhaps they could just load them onto boats and take them out beyond the 2-mile international waters boundary. Sell them, and then bring them back to shore. Just pick up your car at the dock. That would truly be 'ship'ping them out of state. Hopefully, by then Factory Mode would include self-driving onto the ship and parking itself.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: gavine and Dr. J
Although it looks like if they are going to ship it out of the state to sell it, the closest place is Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. Trump will love all that border crossing in bulletproof trucks.

Though perhaps they could just load them onto boats and take them out beyond the 2-mile international waters boundary. Sell them, and then bring them back to shore. Just pick up your car at the dock. That would truly be 'ship'ping them out of state. Hopefully, by then Factory Mode would include self-driving onto the ship and parking itself.

Didn't Elon say the CT will float? Maybe that's part of the delivery plan.

Didn't Elon say the CT will float? Maybe that's part of the delivery plan.
That is a feature I really want in a car. Perhaps with the built-in air compressor we can also have inflatable pontoons undergirding the cT. Drive down the boat ramp and start inflating them until the vehicle starts floating away. I did try the Tesla boat trick once on my TM3 but didn't think about the fact that I have RWD, I was very lucky I wasn't floating too high when I got to the other side, I don't know how I would have gotten back up out of the water, but fortunately, I was just being pushed around by the waves and not really floating that much.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
How? Texas would just need allow direct manufacturer sales.

I am going to bet there will be a bill introduced in the Texas legislator for just that purpose. If they want to they can restrict direct sales to Texas made cars only. That will let them call it "Texans putting Texans to work". Texans will be calling their legislators pushing for it.

Reactions: SSedan and lottadot
Currently all Teslas are "purchased" from a company in California (online). Just like if you purchased a car directly from GM you would be purchasing a car from a company in Michigan. But GM only sells cars wholesale to dealers in states. And then you purchase the car retail from the dealer in a state. Now, if Tesla moved it's HQ to Texas it could be an issue; but only for Texans.

The TDA so irritating. If you read their reasons against direct manufacturer sales in TX they claim that allowing Tesla to sell direct would create a monopoly.... So making it a law that you have to have a middle man between you and the manufactures is preventing a monopoly? How? And how is direct sells creating a monopoly? I don’t get it... Only Tesla can sell Tesla’s? Oh the horror!

A more efficient and better way to sell a better car should prevail with out the gov getting in the way. Texas, let the free market work! If Tesla has a better way let them do it!

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
86273141.png

Reactions: Bucfan11