Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texans' Cybertrucks to be shipped out-of-state for purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
...“there’s no way this deal happened without the Texas direct sales ‘elephant in the room’ being addressed", even if only informally and behind closed doors

A politician's promises and $5 will get you a cup of coffee.

If Elon had made in-state sales a priority, he would have demanded ink on paper before he committed to the factory. I agree there will be more pressure now on the legislature to do something, but there is no "secret deal". If a politician scored a win that big he'd be bragging about it on Twitter every 5 minutes.

Keep in mind that Texas is drowning in Covid right now, so that's swallowing all the political air in the room. So I would speculate that the governor intends to take up the issue but not until next year, as we're still a year away from building cars here.

A politician's promises and $5 will get you a cup of coffee.

If Elon had made in-state sales a priority, he would have demanded ink on paper before he committed to the factory. I agree there will be more pressure now on the legislature to do something, but there is no "secret deal". If a politician scored a win that big he'd be bragging about it on Twitter every 5 minutes.

Keep in mind that Texas is drowning in Covid right now, so that's swallowing all the political air in the room. So I would speculate that the governor intends to take up the issue but not until next year, as we're still a year away from building cars here.

So I looked up the last 7 days covid cases by state on the CDC website.
Cali was 67,902 total population 39,512,223
Texas was 47,355 total population in is 28,995,881
Total population is important and even accounting for that Cali has a higher rate than Texas so tell us again how Texas is drowning?
If you divide the positive cases by population.
California last 7 days is .0017185
Texas is .0016332
Again this is a Texas bashing thread not about Cybertruck sales.

U.S. COVID-19 death rate by state | Statista
At the time I type this California is at 28 dead per 100k, Texas is at 36 which admittedly is worse, but if you call that drowning what say you about NJ at 179 and NY at 169?

Elon is not dumb, he has this worked out behind the curtain, they just need to wait for the legislature to reconvene. Talking up details now would just energize and allow those opposed to mount a better defense.

When your "news" source tells you Texas is doing awful at 36 dead per 100k but then says NY or NJ is the model we should follow at 169/179 dead per 100k that isn't news it is popaganda. I know that statement will be viewed as political but just look at the numbers.

If Texas should be singled out for their current positive rate, Cali is higher shouldn't it get attention first?

I know this will be viewed as way off topic but look what I was replying to. If we let statements like that stand unchallenged it only furthers misinformation.

If the OP thinks covid case rate is something to consider TX did better last week.........

Can you tell me how this is about Tesla and not Texas bashing?

I came to this thread to read and learn about an issue that is important to me (because I live in S Carolina which also has draconian dealer protection laws that keep Tesla locked out, for now). Unfortunately, as you pointed out, many came to this thread to Texas bash. Jealously is an ugly shade.

BTW loved your post with Covid stats. People can certainly disagree, but it’s fairly difficult to argue with facts. I haven’t checked in a few days but at last check 9 of the top 10 states in terms of Covid death rate (the only stat that matters, cases are too inconsistent to be relevant) were run by Democrat governors (Mississippi being the lone exception). Yet if you watch the main stream news (without doing your own fact checking) you would think all the red states in the South and Texas are death traps. They report cases without mentioning death rates because most viewers are too lazy to do their own fact checking and will make the link that cases = deaths. It is a blatant manipulation of people in order to promote their narrative, not report the news. Journalism in this country has been dead for a long time.

My here was inclusive, knowing you were from Houston in your Location... So, the rest of us should pay the waiting price until they "get down" to your 112K reservation point? Betting they will have it sorted by then? Nah, man. We love a good fight! And, I bet your rig will be ready sooner than you think it is... Would you then want to wait around for the antics to play out? Of course you wouldn't.

SS

My here was inclusive, knowing you were from Houston in your Location... So, the rest of us should pay the waiting price until they "get down" to your 112K reservation point? Betting they will have it sorted by then? Nah, man. We love a good fight! And, I bet your rig will be ready sooner than you think it is... Would you then want to wait around for the antics to play out? Of course you wouldn't.

SS
I can wait. It would not be worth the fight for Tesla to go through the process of changing 100 year old laws or trucking pickups out of state and make a U turn to bring them back. When all of the other 49 states have their orders fulfilled that's when to take action.