Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Auto Dealer Writes Op-Ed Opposing Direct Sales

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is an article written by a Texas auto dealer and NADA board member that was published this afternoon in the Houston Business Journal titled Op-ed: Sorry, Tesla, special exceptions are anti-Texan

"Okay, then give up your 80-year-old 'special' franchise laws and do business under the standard/modern contract and consumer protection legal framework"

*or*

waterLOL.png

I just voted in the poll, and it's reading 93% pro-Tesla.

The article reminded me a high school debate where one side was assigned an impossible argument, and they make futile attempts to bolster their side.

But it's gotta be hard on TADA that they lose these polls by such a large margin.

And even more amazing that despite polls like this the Texas legislature could still scuttle the bill and let TADA win.

General Motors, for instance, builds over 350,000 vehicles in Arlington and is considering a $1.2 billion expansion. Toyota builds over 230,000 vehicles in San Antonio and recently announced the move of its North American headquarters here to Texas. Companies come to Texas to do business.

I like that example, considering Tesla purchased the NUMMI building, which was operated by GM & Toyota.

Then the ending of the article looks just great:

Whatever the free market demands, dealers want to sell. That is in our best interest. We should not allow a California corporation to come in and demand to be treated different than any other company. That is not free market, not how business works and not in the best interest of Texans.

Carrol Smith is owner of Monument Chevrolet in Pasadena and Texas representative on the National Automobile Dealers Association board in Washington, D.C.

and that's how free market works ;). So much BS in this article, there's more than enough to fill up the Toyota Mirai.