TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Texas Delivery Experience

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by hmerrill3, Jul 15, 2018.

Tags:
  1. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

I'm interested in hearing from fellow Texan's who have already experienced the full delivery experience from ISA assignment to delivery. I know that because of the "wisdom" of our state legislators our delivery process is different than most other states.

One would think as soon as Tesla realizes they have a Texas sale that they would email a document clearly explaining the process. No so, at least to date.

I know that I have an ISA assigned (Alisha or Ali, not sure what she goes by, because we have never talked). When I've called the main number they indicated she handles Texas bound vehicles. Not sure if she is the only Texas assigned ISA but I'm quite frustrated at the non-responsiveness from my multiple emailed requests for just a short phone call. I wouldn't think I'd have to call the main number just to get my account tagged with a call request, which I did, but that hasn't helped yet either.

So I'd appreciate hearing from others experience, particularly if it involved Alisha and to further explain the final stages of the purchase and delivery process specific to Texas since Tesla is apparently unaware that we would appreciate occasional communications. Houston experiences would be an added bonus.

2. irishndude4

irishndude4 Member

I took delivery in Houston few weeks ago. I chronicled my delivery in a previous post you can look up. Alisha was also my ISA and she was awesome. I never spoke to her on the phone but I exchanged emails several times and she always responded within the same day or the next day. I asked her how many cars she was working on simultaneously and she said about 60.

Bottom line she emails you to confirm the delivery and payment details, trade in, etc. I was all cash/no loan and no trade in either so didn’t have anything to stop us from going straight to the final payment which unlocked within a few days and I paid online same day. She also emailed me the purchase agreement prior to my paying and it’s alsk posted to your portal. Immediately after I paid, she scheduled delivery for 2 weeks out and I completely delivery as scheduled. Just follow the process and it should work out. Good luck!

3. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

Got new ISA today with email notice in the morning then a second email in the afternoon with a VIN. Curious thing though, I was told fastest way to a delivery is a mailed cashier's check. The check is going out in the mail tomorrow for delivery Friday. Hoping for a delivery in a similar time frame as yours. A new car in the first week of August would be awesome.

4. LonestarV

LonestarV Member

@hmerrill3 - maybe we'll see each other to pick up our cars. I'm expecting to pay today, pending the final paperwork finally hitting my online account so I can submit the cash payment. Also hoping to get a delivery around the 4th.

BTW I have Angie L as my ISA and she's been great. Always responds to my emails and lets me know what's up/keeps me in the loop.

5. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

@LonestarV my ISA is Tiffany, she is new at Tesla (4 months per her linked-in profile) but quite helpful. Four emails Wednesday and two Thursday. I didn't wait for the payment portal to open on my account. At Tiffany's suggestion, I sent a cashier's check today and forwarded a pdf scan and the USPS tracking number to her as well. The check will be in Tesla's hands by Saturday, likely before the online payment portal would have opened up. She has indicated that they can't finalize a delivery date until they have the check in hand but the currently delivery window starts as early as NEXT FRIDAY!

Needless to say, I'm stoked!!!

I guess there is a truck or train load of white M3s headed to the North Houston SC.

6. SpudLime

SpudLime Member

Was scheduled for today. Contract system is down nationwide. No US deliveries until it’s fixed.

7. jlawzy

jlawzy Member

Noooooooooooo

• Love x 1
  8. Dana1

Dana1 Supporting Member

Once they send the MVPA, and you sign, they either work on payment from bank or you. Then it’s whatever truck/train brings it out. Mine was 12 days between payment and delivery but I’m sure that varies. The delivery center is nice. Megan at delivery center was very nice. They have you sign that you picked up car and that’s it paperwork wise. There’s a passage from the “left” side of lobby that goes out the back. There are two bays there. I got about 15-20 minutes alone with car, took avatar photo, before I was booted back to lobby.

9. Jmstx79

Jmstx79 Member

When was your reservation date and order date?

10. TROMB_1

TROMB_1 Member

Followed the process to a T with Alisha. After the initial flurry of setting everything up, there was no contact until the day before the delivery. Turns out it never left the holding area, so she quoted a new delivery date 2 weeks out again. This date came and went, with no contact whatsoever. Her VM is full, and she doesn't respond to emails. I've escalated to her manager and the manager of whoever is trying to help me at the main customer service line. As of right now I'm sitting at the following timeline for a regular ol' long range RWD black Model 3.

11/9/2016 Deposit 1
    6/19/2018 Available @ Tesla Fremont Site
    6/20/2018 Delivered to Tesla Richmond Site
    6/28/2018 Deposit 2 + Configure
    7/3/2018 Full Payment
    7/27/2018 Delivery Date 1 (missed)
    8/14/2018 Delivery Date 2 (missed)
    8/28/2018 Delivery Date 3 (who knows?)
    2018 Tesla Model 3, RWD

11. CrazyCoconut

CrazyCoconut Member

That's terrible :( Hope you get your car soon!

12. TROMB_1

TROMB_1 Member

It's really tarnished the whole experience.

13. jlawzy

jlawzy Member

not sure if you have tried yet but if not, call the tesla delivery center in austin and see if they have any advice. they're all super nice there.

• Helpful x 1
  14. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

#14 hmerrill3, Aug 14, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    ^^^This^^^

Called Houston SC and they were very helpful, no hold time and they could tell me exactly where my car was. They even were able to tell me the transport method being used (truck for me) and assure me when shipping by truck, the cars are bagged. They unzip the bag, drive out the car, give it a wash and it's supposedly good to go.

15. LonestarV

LonestarV Member

Wish this would have happened for me. I asked and he said he couldn't tell me.

16. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

Weren't you scheduled for this week?

17. LonestarV

LonestarV Member

Yes, still scheduled for Friday. They are confident they will hit the date but also stressing that its "tentative". Someone else also scheduled for Friday had their DS tell them their car was near Texarkana yesterday so hopefully we make it.

18. pub cheese

pub cheese Member

Thought I'd contribute a little:
    RWD LR MSM 18 EAP
    Paperwork, financing etc complete after about two weeks of "contract drafting".
    Delivery scheduled for Pond Springs in Austin on 8/25.
    VIN available in MVPA, but has never showed on my account page, so a little anxious about a potential delay.
    Will keep thread posted on progress, or lack thereof.

19. LonestarV

LonestarV Member

Just posted in the Texas Hold Up thread.. just got the call that my car is there and ready so picking up tonight! Astounded by the logistical blindness, but here we are.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  20. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

Today's update from when I called the Noth Houston Service Center. They confirmed my car was "on the train in transit to Dallas". Its due to arrive next Wednesday, which happens to be my delivery date, except I'm in Houston. :confused:

Apparently, cars are being shipped by rail to Dallas then put on trucks to Houston. The SC is leaving my delivery date the same in the hope that it might create some urgency to get the car out of Dallas faster.

At least the SC is responsive. My suggestion, once you have a VIN and a delivery date, start conversing with your SC two to three weeks out to get status updates. My experience is that they are quite helpful.

• Like x 1