Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Delivery Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so i am expecting Model 3 delivery next Fri 6/28 - yay!

i'm still kind of gobsmacked by this whole thing of getting a car delivered to my house.

i'm curious, approx how long did it take to go thru the checklist and inspect everything was working ok before accepting? just want to be prepared for being outside for a considerable amount of time (yep, i'm still not use to texas heat). i don't have any shade at all.

and for trade-in, do they literally just drive the other car off after inspecting it?

If you don't mind, could you share some more details? I'm also in DFW and getting closer and closer to ordering a 3.

A few things come to mind:
- when did you order the car, how long it took to get the delivery date?
- what color combination you chose?
- did you order online or went to one of the stores? (I did a drive test in Southlake)
- I know I cannot finance it through Tesla. How did you do this? Pay the $2.5k deposit and then go to your bank?

Thanks! :)

Interesting. I wonder if it's an end-of-the-quarter thing and they expect that the service centers will be swamped with deliveries during the last few days of the month.

i was wondering that too. end of quarter plus the end of tax credit (before it halves again) - i'm sure it's pure madness right now.

so will my car literally be coming off the truck in front my house?? (if so, that would be awesome and my 9yo would be flipping out (with glee)). i assumed someone would just be driving it up and then would drive off with the trade-in..

If you don't mind, could you share some more details? I'm also in DFW and getting closer and closer to ordering a 3.

A few things come to mind:
- when did you order the car, how long it took to get the delivery date?
- what color combination you chose?
- did you order online or went to one of the stores? (I did a drive test in Southlake)
- I know I cannot finance it through Tesla. How did you do this? Pay the $2.5k deposit and then go to your bank?

Thanks! :)

i ordered 6/12, and then got delivery date 6/18 i think for 6/28
i chose Midnight Silver metallic, with white interior. full self driving (no other additional options)
-i ordered online (i thnk that is only wayu u can order). i did test drive in Legacy West Plano
- i financed thru credit union (CUTX). i went to my bank (bank of america) but they could only give 3.39% as lowest. CUTX gave lower rate as long as it was 36 months

• Helpful
Reactions: cucubits
I'm pretty sure your car will come on a truck, likely a flatbed. The driver may know nothing about the car. Feel free to ask here. You'll find no shortage of opinions no matter what you ask!

thanks!! :) i am so excited!! i am also in collin county and i think i will be first in my neighborhood to get a tesla. they are still a bit rare it seems, depending on the area. my 9yo son (who is a tech geek, obsessed with cars, especially Tesla) is over.the.moon, to put it mildly....

UPDATE - got a call yesterday from Tesla asking if i could pick up the car at the service center instead of at home..i was like hell yes! they said could be a bit of a wait (i think it's a new center - Plano), and i 'm like i'd be happy to wait however long! :)

i am just glad everything went through so i can pick up today. i ordered on 6/12 and didn't think i was going to make it before 6/30.

i can't believe i get to pick up the car today!! i have wanted a Tesla for YEARS. i am a geek at a heart (electrical engineer) from California .