Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is correct. I was trying to use a friend's referral code for my model Y order was told that by a Tesla representative. Tesla doesn't need to drive sales to something this new, so they don't support referrals for the Y at this time. I am going to bring it back up once I talk to the delivery coordinator as I would like to see my friend get some credit for promoting Tesla products.

Any owner giving a referral code for the purchase of a Model Y knows there was no referral given yet on this vehicle so your friend shouldn’t be surprised or feel bad about it. Knowing you bought a Tesla, supporting the company and reducing air pollution from what might otherwise be an ICE vehicle or even hybrid on the road is still something I think Tesla owners would be happy about knowing they helped bring about. The 1000 mile referral credit they have given out on Model 3s for example doesn’t really have a large dollar value to it. Sure nice to have but not like life-time supercharging. Congrats on the new car BTW. I’m anxious to see a Y in my area.

Kind of bummed. Had at home delivery (Frisco) set for tomorrow but a few minutes ago got pushed out til Monday. No explanation. LR AWD Blue/Black 20"

Maybe with so many stay-in-place orders in states and communities between California and Texas they have fewer carrier drivers available to deliver vehicles to the centers. I’m sure having to change up delivery methods due to the virus has caused some delay too. The waiting for your new car is hard though but worth it.;)

Last edited:
Just an update....

Wifes MY - Delivery date moved from Mar 28 to Mar 31
My MY - Delivery date (was Mar 28) and VIN disappeared last night. MVPA is still there w/ original VIN. Plan on calling Tesla today.
Ours is still showing Mar 29th @ 12:01 am... Im sure this ours is going to be pushed back.

How long did it take for you to get your temporary plate confirmation?

Most likely, that means the paperwork that you would take to the County Tax Office.
yep. They said it takes 48-72 hours after you provide your Insurance with the Vin listed for the temp plates to come through.

I wonder if they would still home deliver without the plates and just email it when their contractor gets it.

Geez....Gov. Abbot and Co really dont want Tesla to sell their cars in Texas

yep. They said it takes 48-72 hours after you provide your Insurance with the Vin listed for the temp plates to come through.

I wonder if they would still home deliver without the plates and just email it when their contractor gets it.

Geez....Gov. Abbot and Co really dont want Tesla to sell their cars in Texas

FYI, I had VIN and insurance policy (covering that VIN) submitted to Tesla last Friday. They didn't request temp. tag for my model Y until I called and pushed them to do it on Wednesday....(cause I don't want that to be a delay factor to my car's delivery date).

Haven't heard anything about tags but will ask. Spoke to the delivery today and they tracked both cars. They are on different trucks, one in New Mexico, the other just inside the Texas border. Delivery scheduled for Sunday morning.

I was told by the delivery center that they will provide the temporary license paper plate and that a fedex packet will be arriving within a week after I take delivery so I can take it to the DMV to register. Pain in the ass process but it is not Tesla's fault. Yesterday I got a text from Tesla saying a FedEx doc was on its way. It arrived this morning and it was paperwork related to the trade in. I signed the docs and emailed a copy back to Tesla. They seem to be on it!

By the way, ... my only concern now are all the articles coming out regarding the build quality for the Model Y. Apparently paint issues, chassis misalignment issues as well as interior details .... let's hope they are isolated cases. A car in this price range should at least have perfect paint.

Hector

Haven't heard anything about tags but will ask. Spoke to the delivery today and they tracked both cars. They are on different trucks, one in New Mexico, the other just inside the Texas border. Delivery scheduled for Sunday morning.
lol, You are really tracking it! Houston Delivery says the car is due in "Mid-next week"... I don't expect it until Thursday/ Friday next week.

What Id be curious to know is if the cars are coming from Fremont or are they being staged out of Las Vegas for now?

Any owner giving a referral code for the purchase of a Model Y knows there was no referral given yet on this vehicle so your friend shouldn’t be surprised or feel bad about it. Knowing you bought a Tesla, supporting the company and reducing air pollution from what might otherwise be an ICE vehicle or even hybrid on the road is still something I think Tesla owners would be happy about knowing they helped bring about. The 1000 mile referral credit they have given out on Model 3s for example doesn’t really have a large dollar value to it. Sure nice to have but not like life-time supercharging. Congrats on the new car BTW. I’m anxious to see a Y in my area.

Interesting. My sales contact at Tesla asked me if I had a referral code. I sent it to her and she replied saying it had been applied to my account and that I should have 1000 miles of free supercharging. I will confirm in a couple of days when I get the MY.

lol, You are really tracking it! Houston Delivery says the car is due in "Mid-next week"... I don't expect it until Thursday/ Friday next week.

What Id be curious to know is if the cars are coming from Fremont or are they being staged out of Las Vegas for now?

Hopefully a bulk of them will be delivered on the last day of March. I know Tesla could use a good Quater delivery number for Wall Street.

Do you have to pay state sales tax and what is the process for that? Do you roll it into the loan or cut an check directly to the state?

After 7-9 days of delivery date, you will receive a FedEx packet from Tesla for your license plate's registration. When you bring that to the tax office, you will pay the Sales tax, show them proof of state inspection and insurance, then you can pick up your license plate same date same time. That's what I did with my wife's model 3 couple weeks ago, and soon with my model Y.

Pick-up the MY from Houston service center today!

Paint is good, some small scuffs on the interior, & the clothes hang hook on driver side won't close.

The air does seem to blow hot at times for some reason & it rebooted multiple times while supercharging....not sure what that's all about, but will talk to Tesla about both

Reactions: EK028