TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Texas Direct Auto in Houston

Discussion in 'Texas' started by byeLT4, Jul 10, 2017.

1. byeLT4

byeLT4 Member

Texas may have voted down new Tesla sales in the state but you can't stop used sales I guess..... Texas Direct Auto in Stafford (Houston) currently has 23 MSs and MXs for sale, as new as 2017 and as little as 368 miles.... Might be a good place to go look and actually see the color you are thinking about ON the car... I wonder when they will add a few chargers there haha!

2. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, Texas never voted down new Tesla sales. The law prohibiting direct sales by car manufacturers has been on the books for decades. In the last three legislative sessions there were bills introduced that would allow Tesla to circumvent this in various ways, but none ever came up for a vote. They were killed quietly in committee so the legislators wouldn't have to take a public stand and vote on it.

• Informative x 1
  3. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

I was going to say check the thread on lemon titles. But I see you had posted on it. Not sure if this is the dealer referenced.

4. byeLT4

byeLT4 Member

The dealer with the lemons is listed in Frisco, Texas. So far TDA seems to be legit although as many Teslas as they go through I have not met anyone who has actually purchased one from them.

5. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Good to know. Thank you.

• Like x 1
  6. kash

kash Member

whats the name of the place?

7. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

A little google-foo and you will find it. Look on the "MainStreet" ;)

• Like x 1
  8. AndrewTX

AndrewTX Member

That is actually where I test drove the MS before ordering mine. Much more convenient than arranging one through the Tesla gallery.

• Informative x 1