Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Direct Auto / Vroom Cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was the one who had the black one "sale pending" that turned out to be a 40KWh. It was very disappointing. I passed on a couple cars waiting for them to finish prepping that car. Seeing as it was advertised as an 85 originally with a ton of options. To show up and see it was a 40 was upsetting. Especially since I brought it up to them personally several times that I thought it was advertised wrong, and they assured me several times that it was an 85. I'm kinda mad I didn't see that P85 in the first post. I would have got that one if I knew the black one was a 40.

I was the one who had the black one "sale pending" that turned out to be a 40KWh. It was very disappointing. I passed on a couple cars waiting for them to finish prepping that car. Seeing as it was advertised as an 85 originally with a ton of options. To show up and see it was a 40 was upsetting. Especially since I brought it up to them personally several times that I thought it was advertised wrong, and they assured me several times that it was an 85. I'm kinda mad I didn't see that P85 in the first post. I would have got that one if I knew the black one was a 40.

The P85 is pending some repairs to the center console. I may know the person with the deposit on it. ;)

I bought my P85 from Texas Direct. Had no issues with the entire process, and haven't had any issues with the car.

The "accident" my car was in was in a parking lot. Front quarter panel was dented pretty badly and needed to be replaced, and I was able to trace the accident far enough down to actually find pictures of the damage. With the ~$20K I saved, I'm willing to take a gamble with the warranty... Especially as I'd blow through a CPO warranty in less than a year, anyway. (6 weeks and 11,000 miles so far)

Supposedly the car had an owner, but it looks like it was sold back to Tesla and then Tesla sold it to TDA. The title has Tesla as the previous owner, but I know it was owned by someone in Ohio before that. The "accident" actually occurred in 2014, just about 2 months after the car was registered.

P85+ for sale, not sure if the price is right but lower than some other +models I see.

2014 Tesla Model S

001_0001.jpg

P85+ for sale, not sure if the price is right but lower than some other +models I see.

2014 Tesla Model S

001_0001.jpg
Price looks decent to me. Looks like it has parking sensors. Not sure if it has the folding mirrors. VIN is in that area where parking sensors and folding mirrors were being introduced so it's a mix of what cars were built with as VINs are not built in sequential order.

Looks like it was a northern car; Ohio, Massachusetts, and Illinois, so definitely seen some snow. Not a huge deal but something to consider. Rear facing seats on a P model is kind of rare too.

They also flood ebay and onlyusedtesla.com with their cars. And on ebay they often start the vehicles at low bidding prices (i.e. $100), but have the reserve set at their actual asking price, which is more than the cars are worth. So the same cars keep being put up for auction over and over and over. It seems like they are hoping somebody will just get caught up in the bidding frenzy and overpay.

Has anyone dealt with idrive1? They frequently have Teslas, and other high end vehicles.

Reactions: singal3
I usually keep track of these cars to see what going rates are and see if there are any good deals. Instead of making individual threads like everyone seems to do for CPO I figure I'll just make one ongoing thread. I work right down the road from the Stafford /Houston, Texas location so if someone really needs to see a car in person let me know and I'll see what I can do to get eyes on it and confirm pictures.

If you decide you want to snag one I'd recommend calling or emailing Stephen Smith, he's the guy who helped me. He doesn't work in the Stafford location but he's gone above and beyond to help me with my car purchase
[email protected] 214-761-6522

2013 S85 $45k Tech, Pano, 21s
2013 Tesla Model S

2014 S60 $46K with Tech, has 1 more year of factory warranty
2014 Tesla Model S

2014 P85 $46K Without dual chargers, every other option including rear seats.
2014 Tesla Model S

THANK YOU for this thread. I’ve been flailing around a bit trying to find a used MS with the 3rd row. I found Vroom on my own recently but the info about the accidents is priceless— Vroom is situated right next to the Tesla facility in Texas so I was wondering why Tesla was letting those particular cars go to Vroom. Now I know! That’s crazy nice of you to offer to put eyes on a potential purchase by out-of-staters, I may be taking you up on that! Thanks again…

It's possible to be in an accident and not be on a car fax. My truck was nearly totaled when I hit someone but I didn't go through insurance and I did all of the work myself. I never repainted the new quarter panel or bothered with the hood but other than that you'd never know something happened
Also you can get it re-painted, but once they detect that the paint is not an exact match, they consider it having been in an accident and covered up. The paint job will be good enough that you wouldn't be able to tell with the naked eye, but the dealers check with (a machine I would guess?)

Just an FYI on AutoCheck vs Carfax: Carfax is more expensive (and more detailed) so a lot of dealers will use AutoCheck instead.

I like Texas Direct (before they merged with Vroom) and have bought cars from them without issue. I almost went with a Panamera they had before deciding on the MS. Pretty straightforward process.