Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Energy Provider: Customer Portal Reporting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how many on the forum live in Texas, specifically any that deal with CPS Energy of San Antonio. Since my solar install the reported energy data on the customer portal page has been way off. I have reached out to them because of this error but was initially told that it looks fine. Of course I escalated the issue because its not fine. To quantify what I'm see and have done. First I will say that the billing has been correct, this is a reporting issue on the customer portal page that they utilize as the system of record when assisting customers. It also allows daily monitoring of your usage which is nice to see around noon of the next day.

My May bill usage was 34kwh (Sense chart missing a couple of days as it was installed in May) but the online CPS Energy reporting was over 600kwh. The CPS Meter read was spot on with 4the the 344kwh paper bill. I know the chart doesn't show numbers but I've added for a visual along with the Sense Monitoring Data that I have access to as well. Tesla's information is good from the Neurio but only the solar generation ties out with the CPS meter and sense monitoring data. Plus with the Neurio I can only see monthly data that's not aligned to my billing dates. As expected CPS Energy does not accept any input from third party monitoring tools but I expected that which is why I read the meter.

I'm hoping that this isn't a one off for us and that others have seen this as well. I do have a contact that is working to understand what might be going on but it might take some time. They are on the Customer service side and will need to working with the Solar reporting team.

CPS1.png
Sense1.jpg