TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Texas EV incentive bill?

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by dsm363, Jun 10, 2009.

1. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I read something a few months back about Texas considering a $5,000 PHEV bill on top of the federal tax incentive. I tried searching for it but didn't find any news. Anyone know where that's going and if it will cover EVs like the Tesla? Thanks.

2. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

#2 TEG, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  3. Kevin Harney

Kevin Harney Active Member

Ladies and Gentlemen may I present TEG - master of the internet !!!! :biggrin:

4. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Related, incentives coming for for government fleets:

NewsWatch: Energy: Lights go out on Texas solar bills... for now
    Sent to the Governor (on 6/3/09) to be signed into law...
    http://www.legis.state.tx.us/billlookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HB432

Seems a lot of Texas incentives are part of TERP only for selected areas.

5. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

No, I couldn't find any news. The original quotes just said the governor was supportive of the concept, but maybe it didn't get anywhere.

6. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

Thanks. I found those original articles as well but wasn't sure if it died in the legislature or something. That would be amazing to get $12,500 (the federal 7,500 plus the Texas 5,000). I'm moving to San Antonio in a few weeks actually from the midwest so was just looking ahead. I know I have to wait 2+ years for the Model S so need to focus on something I guess:smile: