Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas EV incentive bill?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
I read something a few months back about Texas considering a $5,000 PHEV bill on top of the federal tax incentive. I tried searching for it but didn't find any news. Anyone know where that's going and if it will cover EVs like the Tesla? Thanks.

Related, incentives coming for for government fleets:

NewsWatch: Energy: Lights go out on Texas solar bills... for now
Despite their losses, the environmental community did get a few bills through both chambers, including:
• Green fleets legislation to promote low emissions and plug-in hybrid vehicles for fleets of major State Agencies (HB 432)

Sent to the Governor (on 6/3/09) to be signed into law...
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/billlookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HB432

Seems a lot of Texas incentives are part of TERP only for selected areas.

No, I couldn't find any news. The original quotes just said the governor was supportive of the concept, but maybe it didn't get anywhere.

Thanks. I found those original articles as well but wasn't sure if it died in the legislature or something. That would be amazing to get $12,500 (the federal 7,500 plus the Texas 5,000). I'm moving to San Antonio in a few weeks actually from the midwest so was just looking ahead. I know I have to wait 2+ years for the Model S so need to focus on something I guess:smile: