TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Texas Gov. Perry Drives Models S in Sacramento

Discussion in 'News' started by Jackl1956, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Jackl1956

Jackl1956 Member

I have to believe he bought in a free commerce state. Like California.

2. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

3. Zythryn

Zythryn MS 70D, MX 90D

He commented that he would like to see a "Made in Texas" bumper sticker on it.
    Too bad he had to fly to CA to test drive one:tongue:

4. RDoc

RDoc S85D

Does he realize it doesn't run on petroleum?

5. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Hope he didn't ask how much it costs.
    That's illegal where he comes from!:wink:

6. BobtheV

BobtheV Member

Poor Tesla. It's gonna take weeks to get the sulphur smell out of that car.

7. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

To be fair; most of my Texan friends are saying "blame the (NADA) bought and paid for legislators not the Governor." Jerry?

8. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

That's about right. Perry's not running for reelection anyway so what he says doesn't make a bit of difference.

9. reddy

reddy Member

Actually, they are all a bunch of bottom sucking slime balls. Texas politics is second only to Louisiana politics as far as lunacy.

That's why Texas is one of the few states that only allows its legislature to convene only once every 2 years. We are only in jeopardy a few months every other year.

Don't judge our state by the politicians. Perry is running for President. Nobody here in Texas is encouraging him, we're all watching in horror, hoping he doesn't embarrass us further, and waiting to see if he can remember three good reasons why he is running.

Texas would still be a great place to build the gigafactory. The business case for a Texas location is far superior to California, and I doubt Jerry Brown can outshoot us on the tax incentives. There is a talented and reasonable cost workforce, lots of inexpensive land, low taxes, great transportation facilities.

Am I biased? Maybe. But I'm a 4th generation native Californian, Jerry Brown signed my college diploma, and I send money to the Regents of the UC every year to keep it afloat.

Honestly, Elon would be better off with a Texas gigafactory.

10. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

In our case, the Texas Automobile Dealers Association (TADA) is a huge lobbying machine in Austin. They rip off the public and use that money to feed their machine. I'm very happy I bought both of my cars (see sig) from California ;)

11. MarkR

MarkR Member

#11 MarkR, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
    Gov. Perry isn't running for re-election in Texas, but his travel schedule and speeches sound like he's looking at another presidential run. Glad to hear he likes Tesla . . . sorry that he doesn't seem too bright.

12. artsci

artsci Sponsor

What are the water consumption needs of the giga factory? I don't know but if they're substantial Texas will be a very bad choice. It's going to be in a near permanent state of drought. Come to think of it that's going to be a problem for any site in the west.

13. Reykjavik

Reykjavik Member

The next stage of switching to environmental sustainability in this country is Republicans pretending they were on board all along and that Tesla is great because 'Murica. Seeing a conservative in the car is good, because it means the political ideologies aren't going to be as much of a problem for getting stuff done in the future. When this becomes a truly non-partisan issue, it gets solved, and solved quickly.