Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Skip the ISA, call the SC directly, tell them when you are available for pick-up, that way it will be worked around your schedule and will likely occur faster.

Don't understand why ISA's are involved with final delivery scheduling when direct SC to customer communications would be faster and more flexible.
Curiously for me it was an ordeal trying to get hold of someone at the Service Center (to request not installing the front plate holder). I ended up making 4 calls before I got to talk to someone that could help. One of people along the way insisted on putting me on hold to talk to my ISA, in spite of my insistence that I'd already talked to him and he suggested I should talk directly to someone at the Service Center. The operation could still use a little smoothing out. :rolleyes:

Curiously for me it was an ordeal trying to get hold of someone at the Service Center (to request not installing the front plate holder). I ended up making 4 calls before I got to talk to someone that could help. One of people along the way insisted on putting me on hold to talk to my ISA, in spite of my insistence that I'd already talked to him and he suggested I should talk directly to someone at the Service Center. The operation could still use a little smoothing out. :rolleyes:
I thought they don't install front plate holder by default?

Reactions: ℬête Noire
Is there a 480XX on that list?

I still don't know if my car is actually there. My IDA hasn't contacted me, nor has she replied to my email inquiries. Pond Springs does not answer phone calls, either. I've called half a dozen times and it just goes to voicemail every single time. They texted me on Saturday to let me know delivery wasn't happening, so I've also tried responding to that number and no response. The web portal still says 5pm today, but due to my situation of getting a ride up there and traffic from where I am, I'm going to be arriving like 3 hours early. I really need to know if my car is there before I head up, but nobody from Tesla will answer a call/email. It's so frustrating.

Call a Tesla gallery around you, select the option to speak to a local rep, and then have them Skype someone at the Pond Springs location to check if your car is there.

Call a Tesla gallery around you, select the option to speak to a local rep, and then have them Skype someone at the Pond Springs location to check if your car is there.
Sounded like a good idea, so I tried it. While the number is different, it sends me to the same answerless queue as the number for the service center. I tried calling my IDA, whom I haven't heard from in weeks, and of course it went right to voicemail. So I've now emailed her again pleading to confirm whether my appt this even is actually happening. I have a lot of crap to move around and figure out in order to get up there for that time, and I don't want to go through all of that if I'm going to be cancelled again at the last minute. God damnit Tesla. I'm not even sure I'll be enjoying this car once I do eventually pick it up because they're souring the process so badly.

Sounded like a good idea, so I tried it. While the number is different, it sends me to the same answerless queue as the number for the service center. I tried calling my IDA, whom I haven't heard from in weeks, and of course it went right to voicemail. So I've now emailed her again pleading to confirm whether my appt this even is actually happening. I have a lot of crap to move around and figure out in order to get up there for that time, and I don't want to go through all of that if I'm going to be cancelled again at the last minute. God damnit Tesla. I'm not even sure I'll be enjoying this car once I do eventually pick it up because they're souring the process so badly.

You have to select product information and to speak to a rep on site like you want to set an appointment for a test drive.

I was about to start a thread on Delivery times for Texas, but I think this is the appropriate place.

I am on the verge of placing my order for a RWD 3, but was wondering what all that entails for my timeline. I have been waiting to order to build up my down payment, but don't want any risk it could go past the end of the year.

Should I place the order first then worry about applying for loans? How soon do I need to get that stuff together? What is the timeline for RWD deliveries at the moment? I went through the last 3 pages, but this thread is moving too quickly to easily find answers to those questions. I am not sure how long people have been waiting, it just seems like there are lots of delays.

I am looking at applying to CUTX for my loan this week. Do I need to have my order placed before applying for loans? I am not worried about getting denied, but want to avoid any more increases in the FED rate since the next meeting is next week and rates will probably go up. American Airlines CU would probably be my backup on that.

Has anyone else used CUTX? IT looks like they have 1.99% rates. Want to confirm that's available still.

Thanks, I am new posting here, but not new to forums.

I was about to start a thread on Delivery times for Texas, but I think this is the appropriate place.

I am on the verge of placing my order for a RWD 3, but was wondering what all that entails for my timeline. I have been waiting to order to build up my down payment, but don't want any risk it could go past the end of the year.

Should I place the order first then worry about applying for loans? How soon do I need to get that stuff together? What is the timeline for RWD deliveries at the moment? I went through the last 3 pages, but this thread is moving too quickly to easily find answers to those questions. I am not sure how long people have been waiting, it just seems like there are lots of delays.

I am looking at applying to CUTX for my loan this week. Do I need to have my order placed before applying for loans? I am not worried about getting denied, but want to avoid any more increases in the FED rate since the next meeting is next week and rates will probably go up. American Airlines CU would probably be my backup on that.

Has anyone else used CUTX? IT looks like they have 1.99% rates. Want to confirm that's available still.

Thanks, I am new posting here, but not new to forums.
From what I've been reading, RWD are being built very quickly these days. Also, anecdotally the transportation bottle neck from CA to TX are quickly improving. My car took only 3-4 days to get from CA to my local SC. So it's conceivable that you will get your RWD within 2-4 weeks. You don't need an order to apply for a loan. What you will get is a pre-approval. When Tesla is ready for your full payment, they will generate the final purchase order (or MVPA, Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement, in Telsa parlance). You will take the final MVPA to your bank/credit union, and they will fund your loan. Once your car is fully paid for, Tesla will ship your car out to your local service center for delivery.

I used CUTX. I applied last month and did a rate match to Dallas Credit Union to get 1.99%. They gave it to me for 72 months. Painless process. I think rates are higher now though. As far as lead time. I ordered my Performance 3 in July. Paid for it in full August 24thish and expect it September 26th. For RWD it might be faster as it's a match and ship affair.

I used CUTX. I applied last month and did a rate match to Dallas Credit Union to get 1.99%. They gave it to me for 72 months. Painless process. I think rates are higher now though. As far as lead time. I ordered my Performance 3 in July. Paid for it in full August 24thish and expect it September 26th. For RWD it might be faster as it's a match and ship affair.
I did the same based on @stillageek 's suggestion in another thread.

On a side note, looks like my vin just showed up on UR's site. Currently have a Thursday scheduled delivery, so I guess 5th reschedule might be the charm? Don't want to jinx it yet given how it's been so far.

In a separate note, does anyone know when you are supposed to get the FedEx packet with the paperwork for title and registration transfer?
Got mine this afternoon, so a little over 48hr ahead.

-- -- -- --

Was in the area and was unsuccessful fighting off my curiosity so I swung by North Houston to try take a peek. They were just finishing emptying 3 trucks. The back was jammed with vehicles, a line the entire length of the far side of the alley from Stripes until the turn-in to D&G Foods. The back of the building packed 3 bays down. There was +/- 70 cars, although a few were not 3's and some were clearly there for repairs (had aftermarket rims, plates, etc). They also had another eight new 3s in the alley along the North side of the build. I didn't check the closely at the 8-10 parked in the front of the building.

Also could see from outside that they had some inside, including mine since mine wasn't anywhere to be found in the lot.

P.S. One of the trucks was using an enclosed trailer and some rigging in there, like they use to ship your car along with your household goods for anyone that's ever had that done. I don't know exactly how many they could fit in there, though, because there was only one left in when I arrived. They also had the white jumpsuit on the lead, top vehicle of each of the open car carriers.

Last edited:
Got mine this afternoon, so a little over 48hr ahead.

-- -- -- --

Was in the area and was unsuccessful fighting off my curiosity so I swung by North Houston to try take a peek. They were just finishing emptying 3 trucks. The back was jammed with vehicles, a line the entire length of the far side of the alley from Stripes until the turn-in to D&G Foods. The back of the building packed 3 bays down. There was +/- 70 cars, although a few were not 3's and some were clearly there for repairs (had aftermarket rims, plates, etc). They also had another eight new 3s in the alley along the North side of the build. I didn't check the closely at the 8-10 parked in the front of the building.

Also could see from outside that they had some inside, including mine since mine wasn't anywhere to be found in the lot.

P.S. One of the trucks was using an enclosed trailer and some rigging in there, like they use to ship your car along with your household goods for anyone that's ever had that done. I don't know exactly how many they could fit in there, though, because there was only one left in when I arrived. They also had the white jumpsuit on the lead, top vehicle of each of the open car carriers.

One of them must be mine. I received a call this evening asking if I could pick up my M3 tomorrow instead of next week.

Because of the last minute delivery change, I wonder what happens to the fedex paperwork that usually arrives the day before delivery? Hopefully they can handle it during delivery.

AWD/Blue/White Interior/19"/EAP/FSD/Trade-in

So I just got a surprise text from Tesla saying my car is here and can I come get it Friday, which is 4 days early. Oddly, my vin still does not show in UR. It got here in just a couple days because it was still in CA on Friday which is almost 2 weeks after I paid in full.
Anyway, I hope the date holds. I have not seen any paperwork so not holding my breath.