Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my registration papers a day after delivery. It’s been two weeks with no word from Tesla if the papers were submitted to Texas. I will need to renew my temp plates soon.
Take the temp off and flip it over, there should be a second thirty-day temporary plate there. Texas registrations for new Tesla’s appear to take longer than 30 days so they planned ahead (imagine that).

Last edited:
Picked mine up from the N. Houston location today. I didn’t realize how massive the facility is; there were too many Tesla’s parked outside and being serviced/detailed inside to count. There were only a couple other people waiting, but I imagine weekends are busier. Overall the delivery experience was good. I had to wait about 20 minutes while they finished detailing, and the actual transaction was maybe 10-15 minutes with a quick in-car overview.

AWD/Blue/White Interior/19"/EAP/FSD/Trade-in

Of note...CUTX stated I "had" to get GAP insurance due to the length of the loan...72 months. If I was putting down $5000 I'd agree...I put down $21K. I knew it was cancelable after the loan funded...it says so in huge print that it's not required for the loan terms. It's a pure profit item for the bank. The only perk is the GAP pays my deductible. Seeing as this is a fun car (not primary car) for me and I will struggle to drive 9K miles a year I think my odds of totaling the car are low. In my 25 years of driving I've never totaled a car..only had one minor bumper replacement. Just food for thought.

. . Seeing as this is a fun car (not primary car) for me and I will struggle to drive 9K miles a year.......
. Just food for thought.

I thought the same thing about miles driven before I got my M3, but I have $5 says you will drive it more than you are projecting! I have not been in my very nice Lexus GS since I brought home my M3! 1025 miles driven in just over 2 weeks......

Reactions: stillageek
I got mine!! The delivery was pretty smooth, they asked if I had seen all the videos and I said yes, so they pretty much just handed me the keys and sent me on my way. It seems like they are trying to crank them out as fast as possible. For the sake of time I didn't go through the entire delivery checklist, and will do it on my own time instead. If I find any issues I have 3 days to let them know about it so we can bring it in and get them fixed. Everything generally looks pretty good though, so I hope I won't need to. I'm just glad to have it after all the delays and am looking forward to driving it around when I get home from work.

Any recommendations on places to get window tinting and/or clear bra in Austin?

I thought the same thing about miles driven before I got my M3, but I have $5 says you will drive it more than you are projecting! I have not been in my very nice Lexus GS since I brought home my M3! 1025 miles driven in just over 2 weeks......
Eh...had my last car for 4 years. BMW i3...drove it 31K miles in that time. It helps that I fly for a living and live 10 miles from the airport. For anything more than 80 miles away we normally fly (it's free!) though we did take the X to Orlando and back as an experiment. Our 8 year old didn't like being in a car that long. I used to leave the I3 out in the elements in the employee lot for days on end...snow...hail...rain etc. Felt bad for it. Leased a Smart Electric (not easy as the only dealer left is in Houston and I live in Arlington). I drive the Smart Electric to work while the Tesla will sit in the garage for nice days. The Smart Electric is a fun little run about...and crazy exclusive as it's likely the only 2018 Smart Electric in the DFW area.

Scheduled for 9/28 delivery. CU just wired their funding a few minutes ago. United Roads shows my VIN sitting at Port of Oakland Hub since 9/14. Delivery date/time is less than 8 days away... with transit time and delivery prep factored in, I'm thinking there's a good probability that I won't be getting into the car this month?

Well guys, 5th delivery date is a charm. Picked up the car in Dallas today. Had to wait around for an hour while they looked for my two missing key cards (someone miss-placed them). Appointment was 930am. Left around 1145a give or take.

Initially they wern't too busy. I don't get how the dallas service center can't answer the phones at 9-10am or make callbacks at that time. It started picking up at 10:30-11am. My IDA was never able to get ahold of anyone in dallas, and called me at around noon to check up if delivery happened or not.

Amazing. The wait was horrible, but the car is amazing. Nothing I found so far wrong with the car other than the rear passenger side window switch doesn't automatically roll up/down like all of the other switches. Everything else seems perfect, but I'll give it another close look tonight/tomorrow.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dZ9Cxb3gyidvBxdU6 for the delivery day photo. Cheers to the one guy I was talking to who was on this thread too, congrats (hopefully) on the delivery too.

Anyways tomorrow off to figure out tinting and maybe ceramic coating...

Well guys, 5th delivery date is a charm. Picked up the car in Dallas today. Had to wait around for an hour while they looked for my two missing key cards (someone miss-placed them). Appointment was 930am. Left around 1145a give or take.

Initially they wern't too busy. I don't get how the dallas service center can't answer the phones at 9-10am or make callbacks at that time. It started picking up at 10:30-11am. My IDA was never able to get ahold of anyone in dallas, and called me at around noon to check up if delivery happened or not.

Amazing. The wait was horrible, but the car is amazing. Nothing I found so far wrong with the car other than the rear passenger side window switch doesn't automatically roll up/down like all of the other switches. Everything else seems perfect, but I'll give it another close look tonight/tomorrow.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dZ9Cxb3gyidvBxdU6 for the delivery day photo. Cheers to the one guy I was talking to who was on this thread too, congrats (hopefully) on the delivery too.

Anyways tomorrow off to figure out tinting and maybe ceramic coating...

That was me!! Nice to meet you.

I got mine too. 10:30am appointment. I showed up at 10:15am. Ended up leaving around 12:40pm. They didn’t have my temporary plates/tags but they still let me take the car. They said if a police officer asks me about it then just show them my Purchase Agreement and that should handle everything. I should be getting an email with my temps in the next day or two and the service center said they’d be able to laminate and install it for me. There was also a small scratch/scrape on the bottom of the front bumper. No biggie, they’ll fix it.

I got the AWD and man this thing rocks so far. I’ve only driven it about 10 miles down small roads but it’s already way better.

Anyone have any suggestions on floor mats?

Reactions: libra89