Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Supposed to pick up my car Wednesday in Dallas. I emailed as I haven't received the FedEx package and don't see it on the way on my FedEx site. Sure enough the car is still in transit. I fly for a living and cleared my schedule for Wednesday. The next open date for Tesla is Sunday. I'm on call that day so I left the appointment in place. My next open date is late next week. Worst case they can reschedule for me instead of me for them if I'm out of town.
The DMV paperwork is not required to pickup your car. If it arrives after, you just send it in yourself.

I got my car today. I don’t understand how they can be so inefficient. My appointment was at 10:30. When I arrived at 10:15, my car was already on the delivery floor. They delivered two other cars before mine. I got my car about 11:45.

Do they have no records? They wanted to text me the service center contact information. I’m a Model S owner and have been to that service center multiple times.

The car was acceptable. There were about a dozen bibs on the paint that were easily visible and could be easily felt as well. Panel gaps were okay. The center console was all scratched and not at all glossy, but I plan on wrapping it anyway. Not at all impressed by the delivery operation. But my car is off for Xpel and tint.

I got my car today. I don’t understand how they can be so inefficient. My appointment was at 10:30. When I arrived at 10:15, my car was already on the delivery floor. They delivered two other cars before mine. I got my car about 11:45.

Do they have no records? They wanted to text me the service center contact information. I’m a Model S owner and have been to that service center multiple times.

The car was acceptable. There were about a dozen bibs on the paint that were easily visible and could be easily felt as well. Panel gaps were okay. The center console was all scratched and not at all glossy, but I plan on wrapping it anyway. Not at all impressed by the delivery operation. But my car is off for Xpel and tint.
Glad you finally got your car though!

Reactions: austinmichaeld

The westchase service center has an M3 console in their parts room they ordered for me. The forward door on my console is VERY slightly misaligned (like 1/16 of an inch!) and I asked then if they could adjust it. I have the matte black wrap installed on mine, so I told then not to change it out. If you want I can call them and surrender it?

Anyone had luck calling the Cedar Springs location to get an earlier delivery time? We've had a X for 18 months. I've read the manual. I don't need an orientation. Just take off the shipping tape and I'll take it from there. Don't even want them polishing it as our X arrived with tons of swirl marks. Anyone have a phone number or email? I'm sure weekends are very busy so I would be happy to pick it up any time this week before Saturday.

430pm yesterday I get an email from "tesla" to schedule my delivery following a link..I click on the link and it says "no appointments available, try back tomorrow at 8am" Am on on Punk'd. is ashton kutcher going to jump out with a camera and roast me?

so being the persistent person I am, I kept trying the link every hour until.... wait for it... two slots open up for sat 9/29 for 1230 &1pm, thats it, thats my only options. damn right I swooped on 1pm... so I'm happy... for now... crossing fingers its real

Any idea if Texas gets any inventory cars like other areas have been? I am guessing no since it is such a pain to ship cars here, but was wondering if anyone has heard anything else otherwise. What is the quickest anyone has gotten the Model 3 in Texas after ordering?
Mine was Ordered Aug 28th, and delivered on 9/19. Picked up at Austin Pond Springs. Mfg Date of car is 8/18.

and it happened....My IDA emailed me today that I received the self-schedule delivery email by mistake. my car that I paid for completely on thursday last week is still in california waiting for transport. They are swamped, he says. back to waiting. IDA says plan on next week at earliest but doesnt feel comfortable scheduling until the car is on its way to Texas.

Ordered P3+ pup, white on white. Order date was Sept 14th. I know it's way too soon but still no VIN. Any point at all for me to call Tesla to see of its production yet ?
Cars are not being built to order, so depends on if one already exists that they can match up with. Since it's so close to end of quarter and with the hoops we Texans have to jump through to even get the car shipped here, probably not going to take delivery before the end of the month. If you wanted to pay cash and agree to take delivery before the end of month, I'm sure they would find way to get the car to you. End of quarter push and high margin car like P3D+ is definitely something that would entice them to pull out all stops.

Cars are not being built to order, so depends on if one already exists that they can match up with. Since it's so close to end of quarter and with the hoops we Texans have to jump through to even get the car shipped here, probably not going to take delivery before the end of the month. If you wanted to pay cash and agree to take delivery before the end of month, I'm sure they would find way to get the car to you. End of quarter push and high margin car like P3D+ is definitely something that would entice them to pull out all stops.
I saw a car with your exact spec at the domain in the garage. the employees said it is an inventory car they're trying to move before the end of the year... j/s

The westchase service center has an M3 console in their parts room they ordered for me. The forward door on my console is VERY slightly misaligned (like 1/16 of an inch!) and I asked then if they could adjust it. I have the matte black wrap installed on mine, so I told then not to change it out. If you want I can call them and surrender it?
Thanks, but no. I didn’t like the gloss black look anyway. I’m going to wrap, just have to decide what wrap.

• Informative
Reactions: WayneGTX
For DFW deliveries. My car was scheduled to BE READY today (9/26) at noon. Yadda, yadda, yadda it arrived today at 10:15AM. They need 48 hours to prep the car so I was re-rescheduled for 9/28 at 10:15 AM. The first reschedule was 9/30 at 9:30 AM.

At least I know my car is on the ground.
Were you able to get your work, I think you said you flew for a living so a pilot?, schedule to allow you to pick your car up? Or will you have to delay until you have your next day off?