Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4A0DD42A-6D61-4FD1-94FE-A69655E64138.jpeg
74DEEB0B-A63B-47CF-8AD9-A8A3DAC3C3BC.jpeg
In and out in twenty minutes. Delivery guy didn't know much about the car. No biggie. Gave it a twice over. No issues I an see.

I got another FedEx packet at my door. I picked up my car last Thursday and gave them the sealed packet at that time. I'm second guessing myself, not sure if I actually signed the papers before sealing them in there. The packet was sitting on my desk for a month so I don't really remember lol. Should I just sign the new ones and send it off again just in case?

Damn it, I got my fedex package today and am looking through it to sign everything and notice that on the app for title and registration they put a trade in vehicle that I am not going through with. I initially put one in, but Tesla came in way under what I wanted so I rejected the offer. My ISA rejected it for me and on MyTesla account that trade in does not reflect anywhere, same with on my MVPA. Will this cause issues with the DMV? Do I call my ISA and tell him I need new documents sent to me to reflect no trade in? I should note that while the trade in car is listed, in the box under where it states how much the car is they have the price listed as 0.

Since I am not giving Tesla my old car I plan on selling it either privately or trading it in with another car purchase. Would the fact that it is listed as a trade in on this document hinder any of that in the future?

Last edited:
Seems like people in TX (except me) are finally starting to get their cars because this thread has slowed way down. So that’s good news.

My saga continues. I got a new IDA who is worse than the first one. I got one email Wed and zero information on my car. The SC who is supposedly fixing my car has never reached out to me. Frankly that alone is appalling. I finally! got ahold of someone at the Austin SC and they said they could not discuss any details about my car because it hasn’t actually been delivered to me. I pointed out I’ve paid in full (almost a month ago) but they said too bad. I wrote to the regional sales manager for Texas on Thursday and so far crickets. I will never buy another Tesla.

• Informative
Reactions: HnyBaked
Tesla does not get "credit" for undelivered cars, because there is an offsetting liability in their books (getting you the car, worth $x) that negates the money they received (payment in full, worth same $x).

They have every incentive to get you the car, both to actually be able to count it as a profitable sale AND to clear out space in their lots/SCs for other cars. They're probably legitimately struggling :(

I just had someone call me from Tesla. This is the first voice contact I have had from Tesla! Ever! I was super excited to talk to a human. Turns out she just called to see if they could deliver my car, but had no idea of the history or that fact that it had already been attempted. I think they are just trying to push through all deliveries that still show as pending in their system. After I explained my situation she sounded sympathetic and said she'd investigate and call me back. So I have my fingers crossed that maybe I will finally get some help.

Seems like people in TX (except me) are finally starting to get their cars because this thread has slowed way down. So that’s good news.

My saga continues. I got a new IDA who is worse than the first one. I got one email Wed and zero information on my car. The SC who is supposedly fixing my car has never reached out to me. Frankly that alone is appalling. I finally! got ahold of someone at the Austin SC and they said they could not discuss any details about my car because it hasn’t actually been delivered to me. I pointed out I’ve paid in full (almost a month ago) but they said too bad. I wrote to the regional sales manager for Texas on Thursday and so far crickets. I will never buy another Tesla.

Your experience sounds exactly like mine, let me know if you need more emails of the Tesla executives that you can write to. I did that myself and provided to another person, apparently it helped him.

I was royally pissed off when they didn't give me any information when they cancelled my delivery due to 'few alerts'. I went to the SC and demanded them to give me a status otherwise I won't leave, they didn't like it but eventually did.

I am a happy camper.

Timeline Incase anyone cares:
Put deposit down (stood in line)- March 31
Put in order - August 29
Got vin - August 30
Final payment - September 12
Delivery - September 29

There are a couple minor paint issues with my car, but the advisor took some pictures and said someone would call me in about 2 weeks to get them fixed.

Reactions: NoPetrolDream
Reserved morning of 3/31/16.

Canceled reservation June 2017.

Saw Model 3 Performance. Wife said "get that". Ordered 8/24/18.

First contact from delivery advisor 9/11/18. Scheduled 9/28/18 delivery.

Paid in full 9/21/18.

Truck transport to Houston, TX, arrived 9/27/18.

Stopped by service center on 9/27 to ask about something unrelated. Delivery manager recognized me and asked if my car was in yet. Gave him VIN. "It's here. Want to get it today?" My car was ready 2 hours later. Easy delivery. Car was flawless.

IMG_7557.jpg

Reserved morning of 3/31/16.

Canceled reservation June 2017.

Saw Model 3 Performance. Wife said "get that". Ordered 8/24/18.

First contact from delivery advisor 9/11/18. Scheduled 9/28/18 delivery.

Paid in full 9/21/18.

Truck transport to Houston, TX, arrived 9/27/18.

Stopped by service center on 9/27 to ask about something unrelated. Delivery manager recognized me and asked if my car was in yet. Gave him VIN. "It's here. Want to get it today?" My car was ready 2 hours later. Easy delivery. Car was flawless.

View attachment 339807

Wowwwwww. Please correct me if I’m wrong but that’s 4 Tesla’s I see right? I think the other car in the garage is a roadster but it’s dark and I’m not 100%.