Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hand wash at home -- is there any other way ;)

Decided to wash off the bug splatters from a ~200 mile trip yesterday in the 3. Washing the front of the Model 3 is a breeze compared to the Model S (with nosecone) since it has really clean lines and relatively few nooks and crannies.

Yea I am with ya and already bought a new batch of OnR and the detailing spray for drying. Just like hitting up the brushless ones to remove the gunk from a 3k road trip first to ease the process.

Just got back from road trip to Dallas. AP almost the whole way both ways. Man, I love this car. Wish I wasn’t already giving it up again tomorrow. BTW, I stopped at the Waco Supercharger going up and back and it didn’t look like I was getting charged either time. Anyone know why? The SC in Arlington charged me, so I don’t think it’s an issue with the car.

Just got back from road trip to Dallas. AP almost the whole way both ways. Man, I love this car. Wish I wasn’t already giving it up again tomorrow. BTW, I stopped at the Waco Supercharger going up and back and it didn’t look like I was getting charged either time. Anyone know why? The SC in Arlington charged me, so I don’t think it’s an issue with the car.

On my trip there were a couple stations where I didn’t receive a charge, some took a couple days to show and some were immediate. There doesn’t seem to be a rhyme or reason to the cost charging methodology.

It did strike me the moment I drove it home from the SC the differences in ride coming from the S. I knew it was coming and I was prepared but it definitely strikes you if the S is your daily driver.

After many miles now though I would say i have acclimated to it and it doesnt stand out in the negative as much but the positive definitely is a treat each time you drive as it darts and feels light as a feather on acceleration and so much quicker than my S.
I think that's key - "if the S is your daily driver." My spouse has primarily driven the S for the18 months we've had it. I've usually taken the Prius. So I have been pleasantly surprised by the ride on the Model 3 (especially after reading so many concerns about this ahead of time). Yes, you hear and feel more than with the S, but it is a nice improvement over my previous car. To me, it feels similar to the BMW 3 series I drove before the Prius - a sportier, tighter feel.

And I agree with one of the previous posts... the roads around the Dallas service center are TERRIBLE. Don't let those first few miles scare you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. J and GDNTX
We used the Waco one a couple weeks ago. It seemed to be having problems with several of the superchargers. After moving around to try 3 or 4 of them, we found one that worked perfectly. Others there that day were having similar issues.

Still waiting!

I'm enjoying reading about everyone's delivery experiences because we are still waiting for delivery! Tesla originally wanted to deliver the car last Tuesday, 3/13 but we were out of town all last week for spring break so we bumped delivery until tomorrow. The Vegas person told me 11 am and that's what we've been planning for. I just logged on to my Tesla account, however, and saw that it's showing a 2 pm delivery time. I'm available at 2 pm but my wife isn't. So, unless Tesla can move us back to 11 am, we'll have to bump it out again.

So close and yet so far!

(Delivery really needs to be this week because we have an appointment to have the entire car wrapped and the windows tinted.)

Time passes...

Dallas SC was able to move my delivery back to 11:00 am, so tomorrow is a go for launch!

Last edited:
Reactions: bollar and Cnasty
Still waiting!

I'm enjoying reading about everyone's delivery experiences because we are still waiting for delivery! Tesla originally wanted to deliver the car last Tuesday, 3/13 but we were out of town all last week for spring break so we bumped delivery until tomorrow. The Vegas person told me 11 am and that's what we've been planning for. I just logged on to my Tesla account, however, and saw that it's showing a 2 pm delivery time. I'm available at 2 pm but my wife isn't. So, unless Tesla can move us back to 11 am, we'll have to bump it out again.

So close and yet so far!

(Delivery really needs to be this week because we have an appointment to have the entire car wrapped and the windows tinted.)
That's when you tell your wife, "Honey, I love you, but this is more important." Let me know how it goes.

Still waiting!

So close and yet so far!

Just a word of advice, when I was there they delivered 4 cars but only had 3 Tesla employees, so we were left to figure things out for ourselves as we were the odd man out. When pairing your phones, used card 1 for phone 1 and card 2 for phone 2. We did this part on our own and used the same key card to activate both phones and now the driver profiles are messed up. I need to delete both phones and start over. We picked up ours on Saturday and so far the only big complaint after 100 miles is the back up camera. The contrast setting is way off and when the sun is shining, the image is unusable and I almost backed into a curb so be careful. I hear there is a software update for this but I have not received it yet. Everything else is awesome and I love driving it!

• Helpful
Reactions: Dr. J
Cnasty every time I look at your 3 the more I like the 19” wheels in silver. I’m debating if I should powder coat them black. My White 19 delivers 3/29.

I powder coated my S wheels satin black. Too much silver.

Cnasty every time I look at your 3 the more I like the 19” wheels in silver. I’m debating if I should powder coat them black. My White 19 delivers 3/29.

I powder coated my S wheels satin black. Too much silver.

You and I are thinking alike. I would do a full chrome delete and powder coat them black as well...but its my wife's car. ;)

I mentioned it to her casually and even showed her some pics. She aint having it. She wants it "classy and woman like" not a "boy looking sports car".

Lame, I know.

Just a word of advice, when I was there they delivered 4 cars but only had 3 Tesla employees, so we were left to figure things out for ourselves as we were the odd man out. When pairing your phones, used card 1 for phone 1 and card 2 for phone 2. We did this part on our own and used the same key card to activate both phones and now the driver profiles are messed up. I need to delete both phones and start over. We picked up ours on Saturday and so far the only big complaint after 100 miles is the back up camera. The contrast setting is way off and when the sun is shining, the image is unusable and I almost backed into a curb so be careful. I hear there is a software update for this but I have not received it yet. Everything else is awesome and I love driving it!

Thanks for the tip about card pairing!

How are you guys getting that back window tinted? I am working with my installer and trying to determine best approach.

From searching on here it seems the consensus is one large piece on the back window versus trying to partially do it with the antenna/heating lines.