Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am really trying here but I am really getting peeved. There is no communication. They keep slipping our dates so who knows when we'll actually get cars. Interest rates are rising (which really isn't that big of a deal). I will have been waiting for 2 years in 9 days. I would probably be ok with this if they were to send some kind of update that seemed a bit honest. But at this point I don't even know if I would trust anything they say because how many times will they push out windows? Maybe next week I'll get my invite and be all happy but at this point I don't even have the faintest hope in the world that this will happen.

I know they are trying to help as many people as possible get the tax credit or helping people in Canada get theirs which I really am ok with. The problem is it seems like they are screwing around with where they are shipping the cars at the expense of communication and hitting targets that keep shifting. Why have so few people in Austin been invited? Why are online orders in Cali getting invited and VINS already? Why is Canada getting invited at the expense of missing deadlines when the Canada estimator states that those people will get their cars 3 months from now? These are the types of questions in my head that make no sense to me and won't ever be answered but it is really annoying. Frankly if I kept avoiding the customer and kept promising dates and missing them I would have lost the customer already.

With all this said and with my intense aggravation with the entire situation I really do want to give Tesla the chance and I really do want to own the next generation of automobile. Where do I draw the line? Plus if I have to answer 10 more questions of when I am getting my car this week I might go bezerk. It is like twisting the knife in the wound.

*I apologize for my rant. I usually am quiet and a happy all around guy. I just have an intense sense of frustration with this right now*
Definitely in the same boat as you. The lack of transparency is bothersome. Id rather be disappointed in finding out my invite will come in June instead of being told Dec-Jan, then Jan-Mar and now Mar-May.

And yea now that Canada is getting invites its all the more aggravating, Nothing against Canadians (of which my inlawa are both) but what the hell about all of the people who allegedly were supposed to receive invites 3 months ago.

Beaver Nuggets make anything better.

Didn't TX get skipped once before and then a huge number of invites the next week.

I hear complaints that the SC's can't get deliveries out and are working night and day, but not that many 3's are showing up - not when they deliver 3 to 4 at a time and the delivery take 30 minutes to an hour. I'm guessing there aren't that many passing through Dallas. Maybe next week.

I have to say I'm one of the very lucky few - I'm thinking my invite may show up in a few weeks and I may sit on it just to let more bugs get worked out of the car and then pull the trigger before the rebate will run out. Even a slight chance I won't purchase at all just because we don't need the car. We want it badly, but we don't need it and I'm struggling with an almost $60K purchase when one is paid off with 40K miles on it and the other only has 3 years of payments left and only 24K miles on it. But dang I want this car. I'm just not sure I want the payment that comes with it. But dang I want this car ! lol

Reactions: Dr. J
OH CRAP!

tLHemwd.jpg

Finally getting my Model 3. Set for next Tuesday. Total time from ordering to delivery, 8 weeks 3 days. Original tesla estimate was 4 week delivery.

Got to say, I’ve lost a lot of enthusiasm for the car. I’m sure it’ll come back when I pick it up, but Tesla just leaving me hanging really kind of soured me on the whole experience.

Reactions: bollar