Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She has arrived!

Attachments

• 3D426797-8B8C-4222-BB1C-0BAA78477D4C.jpeg
    3D426797-8B8C-4222-BB1C-0BAA78477D4C.jpeg
    363.6 KB · Views: 50
Well.. I picked my 3 this evening. Believe me, I looked hard. I even had a magnifying glass with me. I ran my fingers through. Didn't see any scratches or paint blemishes. No panel gaps that stood out. The fact that I didn't find any only means I am not good at it. A bit disappointing after reading pages and pages of poor quality build. I understand I need to work harder.

With that out of the way....

Driving it back home was a hoot. AP started working at around 40 miles in the odometer. AP worked exactly as I expected. For my use case, it was no different from AP1 in my S. Efficiency was surprisingly around 240 Wh/mile. All my fear of changing AP speed using UI was unfounded, since they gave that capability on the scroll wheel. Now it just as good as how you do it in the 'S'. Different, but just as good.

Not a big fan of the UI compared to S. No I will be bit more blunt. After using an S, UI on the 3 is a POS. I miss the efficiency graph for 5/15/30 miles. I also miss the fact that there is no automatic reset of wh/mile, miles driven and minutes driven every time you start the car after charging. I loved that information in 'S'. In the '3' I can get the same functionality if I remember to reset one of the trip meters every time before I start the car in the morning. Changing temperature is a Peta. it is difficult to find those little up and down arrows while driving.

Ride was not noisy, as I was bit worried after reading about tire and wind noise. I think it has the same noise level as 'S'. Not as good as some of my other ICE cars. Tesla needs to work harder to get a more quieter cabin. i am still thinking I will put the aftermarket seal around the glass in the roof. Not too expensive and easy to install. Maybe it will help to get it more quieter. Maybe not.

I don't see the point of the big glass roof. I think it will radiate heat in and out depending on the outside temperature, and I also think it contributes to the noise level.

Audio quality was fantastic. Phone conversations were crystal clear.

I really can't wait for the 'Y'. It will be a fantastic car without a doubt.

IMG_2736.JPG

Well.. I picked my 3 this evening. Believe me, I looked hard. I even had a magnifying glass with me. I ran my fingers through. Didn't see any scratches or paint blemishes. No panel gaps that stood out. The fact that I didn't find any only means I am not good at it. A bit disappointing after reading pages and pages of poor quality build. I understand I need to work harder.

With that out of the way....

Driving it back home was a hoot. AP started working at around 40 miles in the odometer. AP worked exactly as I expected. For my use case, it was no different from AP1 in my S. Efficiency was surprisingly around 240 Wh/mile. All my fear of changing AP speed using UI was unfounded, since they gave that capability on the scroll wheel. Now it just as good as how you do it in the 'S'. Different, but just as good.

Not a big fan of the UI compared to S. No I will be bit more blunt. After using an S, UI on the 3 is a POS. I miss the efficiency graph for 5/15/30 miles. I also miss the fact that there is no automatic reset of wh/mile, miles driven and minutes driven every time you start the car after charging. I loved that information in 'S'. In the '3' I can get the same functionality if I remember to reset one of the trip meters every time before I start the car in the morning. Changing temperature is a Peta. it is difficult to find those little up and down arrows while driving.

Ride was not noisy, as I was bit worried after reading about tire and wind noise. I think it has the same noise level as 'S'. Not as good as some of my other ICE cars. Tesla needs to work harder to get a more quieter cabin. i am still thinking I will put the aftermarket seal around the glass in the roof. Not too expensive and easy to install. Maybe it will help to get it more quieter. Maybe not.

I don't see the point of the big glass roof. I think it will radiate heat in and out depending on the outside temperature, and I also think it contributes to the noise level.

Audio quality was fantastic. Phone conversations were crystal clear.

I really can't wait for the 'Y'. It will be a fantastic car without a doubt.

View attachment 297098

Okay after driving for some more and playing with the UI more, I take back the comment that UI is a POS. Actually it is not bad at all, just a bit clumsy and tad difficult for some use cases. The temperature adjustment is my main pain point. Rest all seem good to me. And that is only because of the lesser real estate than in the 'S'.

Blown away by the efficiency this morning driving 40 miles on the freeway at 70 and getting 225 Wh/mile. Thats amazing.

@Electroman Hey you're my twin with same delivery date as well!

As for my impressions, I have a lengthy write up from the first time driving a Model 3 for a couple of hours that was never posted if anyone is interested - needs to be updated from my two Turo rentals. Upon gaining ownership of mine, everything is pretty consistent to my past experiences and I'm very happy with the vehicle. As mentioned above, there is the angled concern. Running the car by the service center to day to see what they're concern levels are.

AP initialized at around 40 miles on the odometer. My most desired use case was tested this morning - TACC in bumper to bumper gridlock. Made me much less rage-filled. A winning strategy.

Model3Tire.jpg

I feel good, but think I found an issue with my car when taking pictures. The drive side tire is heavily angled inward. Didn’t not until I had the tires rotated out... see pics here and look where top of tire is in relation to bottom.

Imgur

Is it that way when you have the tire straight? Many cars do this because of the steering linkage. It might be perfect alignment straight.

Honestly my car is in great shape too. I need a respray of my right rear quarter panel but the 'defect' is so faint on the silver metallic I have only managed to see it one other time after taking delivery. I almost don't want it painted because to me it would give me non-factory paint and require blending on three panels to fix a defect I have to really hunt for and most of the time can't find it. I am getting my car fully detailed and ceramic coated and I asked the detailer to tell me if he sees any more paint defects. With the silver it is VERY DIFFICULT to see flaws but then again that is why I picked it.

Did you find the trip stuff? I swear it has the info you want like efficiency since last charge and current drive. The only thing I don't like about where it is is about 50% of the time I am trying to get to the things on the 'cards' I accidentally turn on the wipers and then my wife starts hysterically laughing at me.

I love the looks of these cars more and more as they roll in. Waiting for the VIN is getting harder and harder ... 20 days and counting!

Wait until you see them in person and clean. I can tell you this is one sexy car. It doesn't look as good in photos as in person. I know it has been said but it didn't register to me until I have owned it.

Today I got my first thumbs up from someone in an old Camry. What car gets random thumbs up from random people? I know some really special cars do but then again this car is special. It won't be that way once they get up to full production but part of me thinks this is that 'special something' for line waiters. You get the attention for being the first people with their Model 3's.

Reactions: Zaphod
AP initialized at around 40 miles on the odometer. My most desired use case was tested this morning - TACC in bumper to bumper gridlock. Made me much less rage-filled. A winning strategy.

I feel the same way. I was sitting there in traffic with my coffee and the awesome sound system and was in total bliss. I am so happy when I get to work now. Like I need to be more happy and annoying to my coworkers but hey I like it.

Did you find the trip stuff?

YES. Just like how that part of the screen scrolls right and left, I learnt this morning that you can also scroll it up and down too. Pretty cool.

So on the screen where it shows A/B Trip meters, simply scroll up and you will see efficiency numbers since you started the car, and if you scroll up one more you will see numbers since last charge. Thats pretty cool.

These posts are giving me major eap envy...... should've got it.....

To make you more miserable, I can say without doubt it is worth every penny of $5000.

YES. Just like how that part of the screen scrolls right and left, I learnt this morning that you can also scroll it up and down too. Pretty cool.

So on the screen where it shows A/B Trip meters, simply scroll up and you will see efficiency numbers since you started the car, and if you scroll up one more you will see numbers since last charge. Thats pretty cool.

To make you more miserable, I can say without doubt it is worth every penny of $5000.

Thanks! didn't think you could swipe up for more options. Will give this a try on the way home!

I also renamed my Trip B to "Forever Miles" (to be renamed again later) just so I know not to reset it. Will be curious to compare the lifetime efficiency versus whatever the current is as time passes. Will I become more or less efficient? Stay the same? Who knows!

I also renamed my Trip B to "Forever Miles" (to be renamed again later) just so I know not to reset it. Will be curious to compare the lifetime efficiency versus whatever the current is as time passes. Will I become more or less efficient? Stay the same? Who knows!

I did the same thing, naming my Trip B to "Lifetime". Over 400 miles I am averaging 245whr/mi. Not bad considering I have 19's and a mostly highway commute of 22 miles (although the highway traffic is stop and go for half the commute)