Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm officially very happy and very confused.

Royal (the same guy who told me yesterday that my car didn't make it and was iffy about this week) just called and said it's there and ready and I'm picking it up tonight! I will be sure to go over it very closely before driving it away.

It's astounding to me that just yesterday they had no clue where the car was or when it would arrive.. do they really not have any visibility at all into that logistical side? It sure would relieve a lot of stress to us customers if there was just a little more transparency.

Keep hope alive everyone! LOL :confused:

Royal (the same guy who told me yesterday that my car didn't make it and was iffy about this week) just called and said it's there and ready and I'm picking it up tonight! I will be sure to go over it very closely before driving it away.

It's astounding to me that just yesterday they had no clue where the car was or when it would arrive.. do they really not have any visibility at all into that logistical side? It sure would relieve a lot of stress to us customers if there was just a little more transparency.

Very happy for you LonestarV! Amazing that yours arrived and passed PDI so quickly! Make sure all the seatbelts are OK, they have a silver M3 that needs a part and the owner has started to call them daily!!!

Please post back tomorrow (if you can stop driving it for half an hour) to tell us how delivery went! Look for my Silver M3 with 19" sport wheels...…...

Very happy for you LonestarV! Amazing that yours arrived and passed PDI so quickly! Make sure all the seatbelts are OK, they have a silver M3 that needs a part and the owner has started to call them daily!!!

Please post back tomorrow (if you can stop driving it for half an hour) to tell us how delivery went! Look for my Silver M3 with 19" sport wheels...…...
Definitely Wayne, I'll look it over very closely - and also for that Silver 19.

Definitely Wayne, I'll look it over very closely - and also for that Silver 19.

Congrats Lonestar! Guess our cars weren't coming together. Be sure to be on lookout for my midnight silver metallic with aero wheels in case mine also magically got there earlier than they said :)

Please also post back whenever you have a chance to let us know how the delivery experience went!

Quick update for canbonbon and myself (and anybody else in Austin with delayed delivery).

Called the service center and spoke to the same guy that answers every time (super nice guy). Car is still sitting in Oklahoma, but this time he said he would contact their transit (?) team and get me some more info. Better than nothing! They have never offered to call me back before today.

• Helpful
Reactions: WayneGTX
Others have asked for me to update, too. Just a brief recap. I had an AWD/Red/WhiteInterior config, but on Monday I changed it to just RWD/Red. Immediately asked to confirm my loan information, which I did. Yesterday (so it took about 26 hours) I got an email from an IDA to confirm details, which I responded to within 15 minutes. This morning I got a message saying I actually have a different IDA, and within maybe 30 minutes she (Tiffany) called me. I told her my CU wants a Letter of Guarantee along with a Pro Forma. She explained the Pro Forma is outdated, but they can basically get me all I'd need. That the letter would come before the end of the day and that the contract should be by day's end, but could take 3-5 days.

So now, about 24 hours after first contact from an IDA, I have my MVPA (also my VIN is 48xxx for those curious). I have not yet received my Letter of Guarantee, though, so my CU can't send payment.

Others have asked for me to update, too. Just a brief recap. I had an AWD/Red/WhiteInterior config, but on Monday I changed it to just RWD/Red. Immediately asked to confirm my loan information, which I did. Yesterday (so it took about 26 hours) I got an email from an IDA to confirm details, which I responded to within 15 minutes. This morning I got a message saying I actually have a different IDA, and within maybe 30 minutes she (Tiffany) called me. I told her my CU wants a Letter of Guarantee along with a Pro Forma. She explained the Pro Forma is outdated, but they can basically get me all I'd need. That the letter would come before the end of the day and that the contract should be by day's end, but could take 3-5 days.

So now, about 24 hours after first contact from an IDA, I have my MVPA (also my VIN is 48xxx for those curious). I have not yet received my Letter of Guarantee, though, so my CU can't send payment.

That's great--they seem to have fixed their MVPA delay issues. Guess the letter of guarantee is something that's CU dependent...my CU never asked for one, they sent the payment the same day I sent them the MVPA.

Oh, another (funny/sad) detail I forgot about my call to the Austin Service Center today. The guy didn't need my name or my VIN. He knew exactly who I was the second I said the word Oklahoma. This tells me that there are not a lot of vehicles held up there bound for Austin.

I noticed the same thing when I called North Houston today. I asked if their call system indicated my Name and they confirmed it.

Reactions: SleepingLesson
Well, where to start....?

I'm still pretty stunned that I'm driving my 3, to be honest. :)

The delivery experience I had at North Houston was great. They weren't busy at all. Got there almost exactly at my scheduled time and Morgan had just finished delivering to someone else. Showed us to the lounge area and said she'd be with us in a few minutes. Took us out into the red carpet/roped area where my sparkling Pearl White with 19" sports was sitting (next to a beautiful red P100D X). She gave us the quick required bits (after she realized I had seen every YT vid and done all the research already) and then was extremely patient and attentive while we looked it over closely.

The car is flawless. (My VIN is 32xxx) I went all over the outside with my nose inches away from the surface and couldn't find anything to critique. The little bits of adhesive residue left from the packing "baggie" I showed Morgan and she noted them so detailing could remove them after I was done with the inspection (they did). Panel gaps are great, no issues. Interior equally flawless, not a speck of anything we could find issue with. I literally couldn't be more satisfied. FYI delivered with the latest (2018.28.5) firmware

My 7 year old son belly laughed every time we'd launch away from a stop and ask to do it again.. awesome. Drove it home at an avg. of +5 over the speed limit (about a 100 mile trip) and got 254 wh/mile. This thing is unbelievably efficient. I drove a Leaf for 3 years commuting about 30 miles per day and couldn't baby it to that efficiency. If I really try, I'm excited to see how low I can get that number. TACC and Autosteer are simply fantastic. I haven't had a car with either feature previously so maybe there is a little extra wow factor for me there.

There were probably 12 to 15 Model 3's inside going through the inspection process. Mostly black, MSM and red. A few white and silver sprinkled in and no blue that I saw.

The delivery experience I had at North Houston was great. They weren't busy at all. Got there almost exactly at my scheduled time and Morgan had just finished delivering to someone else. Showed us to the lounge area and said she'd be with us in a few minutes. Took us out into the red carpet/roped area where my sparkling Pearl White with 19" sports was sitting (next to a beautiful red P100D X). She gave us the quick required bits (after she realized I had seen every YT vid and done all the research already) and then was extremely patient and attentive while we looked it over closely.

The car is flawless. (My VIN is 32xxx) I went all over the outside with my nose inches away from the surface and couldn't find anything to critique. The little bits of adhesive residue left from the packing "baggie" I showed Morgan and she noted them so detailing could remove them after I was done with the inspection (they did). Panel gaps are great, no issues. Interior equally flawless, not a speck of anything we could find issue with. I literally couldn't be more satisfied. FYI delivered with the latest (2018.28.5) firmware

My 7 year old son belly laughed every time we'd launch away from a stop and ask to do it again.. awesome. Drove it home at an avg. of +5 over the speed limit (about a 100 mile trip) and got 254 wh/mile. This thing is unbelievably efficient. I drove a Leaf for 3 years commuting about 30 miles per day and couldn't baby it to that efficiency. If I really try, I'm excited to see how low I can get that number. TACC and Autosteer are simply fantastic. I haven't had a car with either feature previously so maybe there is a little extra wow factor for me there.

There were probably 12 to 15 Model 3's inside going through the inspection process. Mostly black, MSM and red. A few white and silver sprinkled in and no blue that I saw.

Lonestar - so Happy for you, and enjoy your new car! Great to hear the N Houston shop is delivering a flawless product! Be safe!

Reactions: LonestarV

Do you have to sign any paperwork confirming that you are taking delivery prior to inspection? My concern is that I won't be able to inspect the car before signing. If something is wrong or if there are a lot of things wrong, I would want to refuse delivery. At that point, I'm scared signing away will mean "Nope, the car is yours".

Do you have to sign any paperwork confirming that you are taking delivery prior to inspection? My concern is that I won't be able to inspect the car before signing. If something is wrong or if there are a lot of things wrong, I would want to refuse delivery. At that point, I'm scared signing away will mean "Nope, the car is yours".
Nope, Morgan let me do the whole process before signing.

Awesome. Glad to hear it was a great experience and your car was flawless. Can’t wait to pick mine up!

Stuff is moving fast to me. IDA called me earlier today to sync up with me and tell me my trade-in offer ($3200 for a high mileage Prius, ended up declining as I have $3500 Texas Direct Auto as a worst-case fallback). Emailed this decision and final loan amount at ~6:45 PM, and shortly thereafter my account was moved to the creating final contract stage. Was promised VIN once final MVPA was made ready (mentioned insurance shopping). We'll see how long it takes after the money leaves my account and bank.

Reserved 3/31/2016 (line waiter)
Ordered 5/23/2018
Changed to Blue 5/24/2018
Added FSD 8/1/2018

AWD (non-P) Blue exterior Black Interior FSD Aero
Houston, TX

I have a VIN and got my final MVPA. Still in process of paying (waiting for bank transfer)
064xxx