Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a thought, but did any of us actually get an email from Tesla inviting you to configure? I didn't (and still haven't), I just read on Twitter to check My Tesla, which I did, and went ahead an configured. I wonder if that has something to do with the delays.

I never got an email to configure. I randomly checked as well after all the buzz and hype of people randomly checking and went for it.

They definitely have the order as I spoke with someone at Tesla and specifically were told "end of last week" which never happened but who knows from there.

Just a thought, but did any of us actually get an email from Tesla inviting you to configure? I didn't (and still haven't), I just read on Twitter to check My Tesla, which I did, and went ahead an configured. I wonder if that has something to do with the delays.
I never got an email either, I just saw on this site that people were configuring and I logged in and ordered.

I didn't get an email, either... still haven't. I was wondering if that was related... someone accidentally changed the visibility of the configure button for some users, and I (and a bunch of us) just happened to stumble across it.

So maybe possible it was an accidental configuration opportunity? Hence they weren't ready for all the orders, hence the delay....

But I'm still thinking it will be within two weeks from now (6 weeks total). I'm ok with that.. super excited to get it, but I can wait.

I didn't get an email, either... still haven't. I was wondering if that was related... someone accidentally changed the visibility of the configure button for some users, and I (and a bunch of us) just happened to stumble across it.

So maybe possible it was an accidental configuration opportunity? Hence they weren't ready for all the orders, hence the delay....

But I'm still thinking it will be within two weeks from now (6 weeks total). I'm ok with that.. super excited to get it, but I can wait.

They sure didnt delay in charging my credit card the $2500....thats for sure. :confused:

Last edited:
Just called Tesla and they told me my vehicle is still in production and no telling when they will have the VIN for me. When I asked the rep about the 4 weeks lead time as listed on the email, he said to expect 4-6 weeks after configuration instead.

Are you sure about that?

I wanted to take my CPO from CA and drive it here, but my friendly Tesla adviser here in Dallas cautioned me that i will be paying state taxes twice - once in CA and once in TX. That was more than two years ago.

Your advisor was incorrect. TX credits for sales tax paid in other states. You would pay only the registration fee, plus any difference if the tax in the other state was lower than Texas (which CA's is not).

God no please.

I can only take so many more Let it Go concerts in the backseat at 7am!!! I need another car!!!

Dont do this to me Elon!!

I just sent a "que the hell pasa?" email to Tesla. I'm not expecting a different answer than has been offered to others but perhaps a flurry of emails will remind them that Texas hasn't seceded yet and we want our cars.

Reactions: Daldoc and bollar

This Friday will make 5 weeks for me, so unless I get a VIN this week and take delivery by end of next week, they still won’t hit even the extended 6 week mark.

Just called Tesla and they told me my vehicle is still in production and no telling when they will have the VIN for me. When I asked the rep about the 4 weeks lead time as listed on the email, he said to expect 4-6 weeks after configuration instead.
That's bunch of baloney and someone is just making something up. If they don't have your VIN, how do they know your car is still in production? Makes no sense. Besides, there is no build to order going on, it's just batch built and they match up cars with people.

I am 100% sure it wasn't there an hour ago. One last check before starting my commute and sure enough, we have a VIN.

Its a great sign for us here in Texas and hope more trickle out today.

Please dont be mad at me guys! :oops:

I think my employer will end up blocking Tesla.com and teslamotorsclub.com because of my constant refreshing looking for my VIN and checking this thread :)