Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He told me that was the earliest possible day. Said the car would probably get there that weekend and they'd need Monday and Tuesday to inspect, etc.

That stinks. He said end of next week for me as they will receive the check tuesday and they dont arrange deliveries or details on the weekend so Tuesday was the earliest.

Now i am doubting that we will be picking up next week as he stated and probably the following week like you :(

I’m funded, (sorta)!

That is, after:
  • An anxious day waiting for a corrected mvpa (thanks Chris)
  • An hour and a half on the phone with an RBFCU rep who gallantly finalized the loan at the end of her work day by:
    • nailing down all the loan details and executing the completed paperwork
    • rushing to get a check cut
    • trying to track down someone from the mail room to handle fedex-ing the check
    • after discovering that fedex had made their last pickup for the day, arranging a UPS shipping label instead
    • volunteering to deliver the check to UPS on her own time upon leaving because the mail room personnel had all gone for the day.
The net of all this is that the check is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, Saturday, to my Model 3 rep in Vegas!

Whew!

I am curious how this plays out as well as i had a similar 1 hour experience with the same credit union and the girl was fantastic about going above and beyond...except the check part which she will call me on Tuesday after she overnights it since the holiday.

They mentioned not doing any processing or work on the weekends and the holiday monday but that doesn't seem right so i hope you get it earlier than my anticipated tuesday!

We may be picking up the same time frame....soon i hope!

I am curious how this plays out as well as i had a similar 1 hour experience with the same credit union and the girl was fantastic about going above and beyond...except the check part which she will call me on Tuesday after she overnights it since the holiday.

They mentioned not doing any processing or work on the weekends and the holiday monday but that doesn't seem right so i hope you get it earlier than my anticipated tuesday!

We may be picking up the same time frame....soon i hope!

Chris said he happens to be working today catching up on paperwork and will watch for the check. I’m just happy that the ball is back in Tesla’s court.

I finally got my vin today. Pearl white, configured 1/17. Vin 74xx

There are going to be a bunch of Model 3’s in north Dallas very soon! It reminds me of when we got our first Model S in 2013. At first we rarely saw another Model S and it was a thrill when we did. Now, we see 10 per day and it’s commonplace. We’re going to be the same way with the Model 3 now!

Out of curiosity, are you guys keeping or selling your Model Ses to get the 3? I sort of assumed I would sell my S if I pulled the trigger on my config invite, but it could go to my wife (since she drives it 90% of the time anyway!).
S is going to the spouse... so we're BOTH anxiously awaiting our 3!

I think for the delays, it's at least partially a delivery location thing at this point: 3 of the 6 that configured around the same time (17-19 Jan) that haven't put in a VIN yet are SATXians. Since our Gallery (or whatever it's called) is pretty new, maybe they don't have the bandwidth or skillset yet?

Or... maybe I'm driving myself crazy guessing WHY I HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY VIN!!! Despite my swearing to abstain from guessing, I'm still reviewing that spreadsheet like crazy!

Last edited: