Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you ever discussed anything with someone at Best Buy after having done all of your research? Same experience.

Yes but I don't think that is a valid comparison. Best buy sells thousands of products and uses minimum wage workers to do so. While I don't have a clue what the average showroom employee at Tesla makes, I would hope it is significantly above the wage of a Best Buy employee. On top of that they really only are there to show off the cars (of which there are only 3 products)/schedule test drives/help people learn the website in the back (someone walked me through this when I had a test drive of a Model S). To me the purpose of the gallery is to show of the cars and inform the public. If they are spewing out garbage that doesn't help Tesla's mission at all. They need some serious training and Tesla should reign in the false information that the showroom employees spit out. As they grow they could establish a training program to make sure that everyone who goes into a showroom gets reasonable information and a stellar experience or eventually the Tesla showroom could also be likened to a typical dealership where any info provided cannot be trusted.

The guy I spoke with definitely understood the difference between someone who had a reservation and someone who received their car and he also understood the line waiting was 2 years ago so that wasn't a problem. He also understood I was a line waiter based on how early my delivery estimate was.

I'm in NYC and scheduled to fly to Dallas Wednesday night for Thursday pickup, and now there is a winter storm coming that day! Hope I can get out...

I just got a call from the Dallas SC and they confirmed my appointment for tomorrow!!!! Its happening!!!!

They gave a heads up that it will be a group orientation and not the single one that I got with my S. They said it will involve one other Model 3 owner. Which one of you guys is it?!? :)

Can someone in the DFW area (North DFW would be great) kindly give me a ride in an M3?. I am simply unable to decide between 3 or S, and I have lost some good deals on CPO S due to this uncertainty in my mind.

Thank you very much

Man, the fact that I have yet to receive an invite despite being around 100th in line basically means 0% chance of getting it in March. April is also looking optimistic at this rate.

It really doesn't seem like Tesla has fixed their Texas issues...

Did you reserve at North Park store? If so, what time? I reserved around 1:45pm and I'm trying to figure out what place in line that would have made me.

It was supposed to be 10am, but due to technical difficulties, there were very few people getting through within the first half hour. I think they were also short staffed, which didn't help.

Yeah, I got there on my lunch break and the line was out into the outside area, but I only had to wait about 40 minutes. I thought it was going to take longer and almost left to order online later. That would have been a mistake.

I just got a call from the Dallas SC and they confirmed my appointment for tomorrow!!!! Its happening!!!!

They gave a heads up that it will be a group orientation and not the single one that I got with my S. They said it will involve one other Model 3 owner. Which one of you guys is it?!? :)
tenor.gif

• Love
Reactions: Cnasty
Posted this in another thread, but in case it gets buried there I figured this thread might also be interested in my timeline.

Just got a delivery date of 3/21 in Texas for Black/Aero configured on 1/18. If it holds up, thats 8 weeks & 6 days after config.

Quick timeline summary:
  • Configured 1/18
  • VIN assigned 2/27 - 49xx (40 days after config)
  • ACH payment 2/27
  • Paperwork received & completed 3/1
  • Delivery date assigned 3/5
  • Delivery date 3/21 (62 days after config = 8 weeks & 6 days)