Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every time I see a picture of a Red Multi-coat it grows on me a little more.

But I wasn't particularly impressed when I saw it on the showroom floor, does it do better in natural lighting?
I was vacillating between white and red, but I hadn't seen the red in person....I think I'm going to go with white after seeing red in the sunlight. Not sure what it is, but something doesn't grab me with the red when seeing it in person. Although the blue in sunlight is really nice too. Lot of nice depth and shine.

I was vacillating between white and red, but I hadn't seen the red in person....I think I'm going to go with white after seeing red in the sunlight. Not sure what it is, but something doesn't grab me with the red when seeing it in person. Although the blue in sunlight is really nice too. Lot of nice depth and shine.

We had the same feeling. I think red looks great in the showroom, but we had a red Model X loaner and felt it looked dull outside. Could have been cause it was a cloudy day though. We had a Blue Model S and loved it. Looked fantastic in the showroom and outside when it was sunny and the car was clean. Got lots of compliments.

We opted for white this time on the X and think its a great color. Great when clean, still decent when dirty. Decided to order the 3 too in white, which is why it's taking so long with my order.

The front red one could be mine! Maybe part of the truck is heading for SATX!

Sorry Gecko... It looks like cars delivered in Austin are coming in on I-10 based on a couple of conversations I've had. That also explains the truck of Model 3's spotted in San Antonio last seek that ended up in Austin. If you have a delivery next week, I would expect a truck to show up in San Antonio in the next day or so. I still haven't found our VIN at the Austin SC yet, but I think I know which was the other red one on the truck. It definitely sounds like deliveries are really starting to ramp up in Texas, though.

Picked my car today at North Houston SC. The delivery process was a breeze and the coordinator was very knowledgeable. In and out in 45 minutes. Configured on 01/11 (Midnight Silver, EAP, 18 inch) so it took 8 weeks for car to be delivered. A nice surprise was a Red miniature die cast Model 3 was in the center cabin.

Car was absolutely fun to drive and I can't wait for EAP to be activated.

Picked my car today at North Houston SC. The delivery process was a breeze and the coordinator was very knowledgeable. In and out in 45 minutes. Configured on 01/11 (Midnight Silver, EAP, 18 inch) so it took 8 weeks for car to be delivered. A nice surprise was a Red miniature die cast Model 3 was in the center cabin.

Car was absolutely fun to drive and I can't wait for EAP to be activated.

I'll be picking up my Model 3 from Tesla North Houston in about 10 days. Heyoo from Kingwood. Congrats on the new car.

Reactions: pennsat
I was at the Dallas SC this morning. I counted nine Model 3s waiting for delivery. Here are the VINs:
Vin #7902
Vin #5092
Vin #5521
Vin #5766
Vin #4964
Vin #7091
Vin #6125
Vin #5514
Last Vin was blocked.

Condition of most seemed fine. No panel gaps or scratches that I could see! One had a roll of duct tape on the seat and several areas of the interior were duct taped on. None had any kind of exterior protection.

There were also a bunch of S and X there on the lot. Maybe 30 of them. Hard to tell how many were new vs. in for repair.

4964 thats mine! I will be picking it up tomorrow.

Reactions: GDNTX
SC texted me today and said I might be able to get my car next Friday maybe. I'm supposed to be leaving town and heading up to Dallas on Friday around noon. Preparing myself for the fact that I won't get it until Monday the 19th, when I was supposed to be taking it in to get wrapped and tinted, which was already rescheduled from this week because of the paint scratch. First world problems...

Sorry Gecko... It looks like cars delivered in Austin are coming in on I-10 based on a couple of conversations I've had. That also explains the truck of Model 3's spotted in San Antonio last seek that ended up in Austin. If you have a delivery next week, I would expect a truck to show up in San Antonio in the next day or so. I still haven't found our VIN at the Austin SC yet, but I think I know which was the other red one on the truck. It definitely sounds like deliveries are really starting to ramp up in Texas, though.
:(

Well, as long as it shows up, guess it doesn't matter if I got a sneak peek or not...

5 days!

We had the same feeling. I think red looks great in the showroom, but we had a red Model X loaner and felt it looked dull outside. Could have been cause it was a cloudy day though. We had a Blue Model S and loved it. Looked fantastic in the showroom and outside when it was sunny and the car was clean. Got lots of compliments.

We opted for white this time on the X and think its a great color. Great when clean, still decent when dirty. Decided to order the 3 too in white, which is why it's taking so long with my order.

I swung by the North Houston SC yesterday to scope out colors they happened to have a Model 3 in. They had 3 in White (top VIN 74xx btw) and it, even when it's got some dust on it, does look good...until I get to the roof. The PUP's dark roof with only the white bar down each side doesn't do it for me. :( They didn't have a silver Model 3 but I'm guessing it'll have the same issue for me.

The black (which they had one of) is inoffensive but quite bland, not surprising. They had a Midnight and a couple blues, both of which looked classy yet I still find the Midnight "meh". Sadly they didn't have a red Model 3, I'll check again next week when I'm in the area.

So at this point I'm leaning towards blue, which is very much not what I was expecting. It really does look great on the Model 3 in person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. J