Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished the drive back from Dallas!!

Rock solid on autopilot. I’ll give a full report tomorrow afternoon :)

Attachments

• F938434A-5E6D-4F90-A403-51EAC3B1D97A.jpeg
    F938434A-5E6D-4F90-A403-51EAC3B1D97A.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 51
Just finished the drive back from Dallas!!

Rock solid on autopilot. I’ll give a full report tomorrow afternoon :)

You picked up yours in the exact same spot mine was parked. Forever linked :)

Beautiful ride! So cool to see everyone getting there’s now in Texas. I saw one down here unexpectedly in Orlando and nearly broke my neck. There are not that many Tesla’s here.

I feel like the paparazzi is following me in this car here. A lot of “what kind of car is that, there’s no name on it?” Type looks as well as people not being shy to film me as they pull up next to me so I’ve been working on my Hollywood smile and wave.

What a whirlwind weekend!

Had SXSW events all weekend. Flew to Dallas Saturday afternoon. Picked up the car at 5. Drove it back Saturday night. I also have a feeling that we will continue to see people go MIA once they take delivery... to much fun driving and showing to friends!

The car is worth the wait! It's simply incredible. Every single person who has seen it has been blown away. Yesterday I had the car parked on the street downtown for SXSW, and people were stopping to gawk over it the entire time I was there. I've got a ton of compliments on the Blue color looking spectacular in person.

The delivery process was almost _too_ easy. Since all the paperwork in Texas is done ahead of time, you walk in, sign one document, and then they take you to the car. I was there for about 30 minutes total, and that's just because I was looking over every angle of the car. If you weren't detailed oriented, I think you could be out of there in less than 10 minutes.

My car only had one defect that I've found so far. The driver's door handle sticks in the open position when you open the door, so you have to manually push it in. Service will take care of it whenever I want to schedule an appointment. No other panel gaps or alignment issues. No sunken hood.

I drove the car from Dallas on Saturday night, and went Autopilot the whole way. I used 56kwh, and averaged 301 Wh/mi (from Dallas Service Center to Cedar Park), so I think the Austin/Dallas trip is doable without a Supercharger if you leave on a full charge.

My Autopilot enabled after 24 miles of driving (36 total on the odometer), and became available without me having to stop the car or put it in park. The icon simply appeared, and then I doubled tapped the stalk.

I'm writing up a full document on the steps to take delivery in Texas so everyone can be familiar with the process here and not lose any days of transit time for not having all their ducks in a row when their VIN is assigned.

Somebody schedule an Austin meet up soon!

Glad to hear everything went well for you @Kcharwood. AP must make the drive from Dallas to Austin soooo much better.

I'm writing up a full document on the steps to take delivery in Texas so everyone can be familiar with the process here and not lose any days of transit time for not having all their ducks in a row when their VIN is assigned.

There is one of these floating around here somewhere, but it outlines the old process, including going to the tax office and paying the tax yourself. You might be able to use that as a starting point. My contribution to the outline is the advice to get your financing in order as soon as you configure. Being pre-approved and as far in the process as you can be without a VIN is crucial.

Looong time lurker here; huge Tesla fan and investor (large % of portfolio, but not large absolute). Finally created an account to post!

For other DFW area buyers, I've locked in a great interest rate from Credit Union of Texas (initial offer was higher than what I was planning to go with from TechCU, but they raised my application up the chain to try to beat that, and I ended up with a call back offering 2.0% for 72 months, in less than 15 minutes). So far so good; they're responsive and willing to help me get financing done ASAP.

Anxiously awaiting my ISA to call / provide MVPA to finalize things. Was an early line-waiter (at the Tysons Corner VA store, since I was on business travel that day), but non-owner - invited & configured on 2/22/18, VIN assigned 3/10/18 (83xx).

I've already gotten a new insurance policy (Progressive ended up beating everyone else for me), with an effective date of 3/28 (despite any news on potential delivery windows). I'm hoping I can tell the ISA I've got everything ready to go if they can get it here to book another Q1 delivery ;)

Looking forward to seeing more of these on the road, and joining y'all ASAP!

When did you confirm and when do you expect delivery?. I need to line up financing and I want to do it perhaps 3 weeks before and not earlier.
Confirmed about 10 minutes after I hit refresh and saw the configurator was open - on 2/22 (around noon). :)

I still haven't gotten an e-mail invitation to configure, and haven't heard from my ISA at all, so no clue on when to expect delivery. Just trying to make sure there are no delays on my side. Having read through this thread (thanks everyone!), I know payment is critical to getting shipment started from CA to TX.