Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is crazy if there were only 130 people in line at 10am. I bet there were way more than that. I dropped my kids off at school in Austin and raced up to the Tesla store (which is all the way on the other side of downtown for me so it took awhile to get there). I think I got in line at 7:45am in Austin and was number 105 in line. I think by the time they opened at 10 there were about 350 to 400 people in line. I haven't gotten an invite yet but I am hoping for this week or next.

I would LOVE at this point to get a ride in a Model 3. I almost lost it yesterday and bought a Mazda 6. I really need to experience the car if my invite doesn't come in the next week or two. I am starting to really lose my patience and have new car fever pretty bad. So if someone wants to give me a ride at lunch sometime I'll be happy to swing for lunch at Torchy's or something along those lines for the privilege. I work downtown near Cesar Chavez.

Houston is Oil town so maybe that is to blame. But yea I would definitely say there were not as many people as ATX based on the videos and what I have heard from others.

Agreed with your point about car fever. Glad I am not the only one! Both my wife and I own vehicles that are approaching 12 years old. Stuff is breaking in them almost every month now. Both need suspension overhauls too due to the crappy Houston roads. So its either spend time self servicing or take it in and sink money you will never get back.
If its going to be another 3+ months I do not know if I can wait. Already made the mistake of pulling some cash out of my NASDAQ based ETFs early this year in anticipation due to the bogus original estimates. Missed out on quite a bit of return already. Sucks. Don't know if/when is the right time to officially give up on it. The fact the alternatives are much cheaper is not helping...

Drove through the Dallas Cedar Springs SC mid-afternoon today. Hoped the Semi might still be around, but long gone I guess. There was a man out front taking delivery it looked like of a Midnight Silver with aeros, I snapped a pic, but won't share unless he is on here and wants it. On the side of the building there was a white, but don't recall which wheels and I didn't get the VIN and then another Midnight Silver w/Sport wheels. It is VIN 9498. It only has a couple of the predelivery check items completed. If no one has seen it, it does appear T has a list of the basics they track before delivery.

IMG_2622.jpg IMG_2623.jpg

Here is the Austin line. It is hard to get an idea of where you are in the line.

Oh and the comments about no pictures was because the lady security guard was yelling at us earlier that we couldn't take any pictures on the Domain property. We all started taking pictures of her. She later changed it to we could only take pictures of the line.
That is so weird, I went through that and couldn't see myself in there

We picked up our blue Model 3 on Tuesday and absolutely love it! By comparing our S to the 3, I can tell a difference between AP1 and AP2. The former doesn't keep the car solidly in the center of the lane as well as the latter does. We're having the entire car wrapped and the windows tinted which, sadly, means that we'll be without it for a week. The wait is definitely worth it.

On the way home from the Dallas SC on Tuesday I was taking my turn driving and my wife asked "How does it feel to look down and see only wood while you're driving?" I replied, "It means that I really love this car..."

Did you mix up the former and latter in that sentence?

No, I feel like AP2 keeps the car centered in the lane better than AP1 does. AP1 sometimes does "monkey see, monkey do" and when the car in front of me creeps to the right or left of the lane, especially in slow moving, rush hour traffic, AP1 tends to follow suite. AP2, in my brief comparison, seems more immune to that behavior.

No, I feel like AP2 keeps the car centered in the lane better than AP1 does. AP1 sometimes does "monkey see, monkey do" and when the car in front of me creeps to the right or left of the lane, especially in slow moving, rush hour traffic, AP1 tends to follow suite. AP2, in my brief comparison, seems more immune to that behavior.
That’s really good to know.

Yeah I am really bummed by this. I don't know how based on the 8 week deliveries here how they plan on hitting our Mar-May windows at this point...

It's pretty nutty that they're going to be this off on our windows. Don't forget that each succeeding window after ours is only a month apart. I guess Tesla once again proves they have no idea how to estimate their own production and are unwilling to update their future customers until well after the window passes.

Reactions: zkmusa
That is crazy if there were only 130 people in line at 10am. I bet there were way more than that. I dropped my kids off at school in Austin and raced up to the Tesla store (which is all the way on the other side of downtown for me so it took awhile to get there). I think I got in line at 7:45am in Austin and was number 105 in line. I think by the time they opened at 10 there were about 350 to 400 people in line. I haven't gotten an invite yet but I am hoping for this week or next.

I would LOVE at this point to get a ride in a Model 3. I almost lost it yesterday and bought a Mazda 6. I really need to experience the car if my invite doesn't come in the next week or two. I am starting to really lose my patience and have new car fever pretty bad. So if someone wants to give me a ride at lunch sometime I'll be happy to swing for lunch at Torchy's or something along those lines for the privilege. I work downtown near Cesar Chavez.

I had to wait 3 months after I configured my Model S for them to build and deliver it. It was worth the wait. There is no car like a Tesla IMO. Be patient.

I’m getting 3M Crystalline tint on my 3 next Thursday. Not cheap. Getting all glass covered. 70 on windshield and roof. 40 on the rest. Using same place that tinted my S.
Technics Tinting. Even better they relocated out my way. Now in North FTW.
Ph. 817 571-8468 if anyone is interested.
Used them for my first S, and all my Audi's before it (they used to do all the Audi's at DFW Audi before the dealership moved). Shame they've moved so far away (for me), their previous location was super convenient, and frequently ironic, seeing $200K+ cars outside a place worth about 10% of that! Good guys though.

I had to wait 3 months after I configured my Model S for them to build and deliver it. It was worth the wait. There is no car like a Tesla IMO. Be patient.

I am really trying here but I am really getting peeved. There is no communication. They keep slipping our dates so who knows when we'll actually get cars. Interest rates are rising (which really isn't that big of a deal). I will have been waiting for 2 years in 9 days. I would probably be ok with this if they were to send some kind of update that seemed a bit honest. But at this point I don't even know if I would trust anything they say because how many times will they push out windows? Maybe next week I'll get my invite and be all happy but at this point I don't even have the faintest hope in the world that this will happen.

I know they are trying to help as many people as possible get the tax credit or helping people in Canada get theirs which I really am ok with. The problem is it seems like they are screwing around with where they are shipping the cars at the expense of communication and hitting targets that keep shifting. Why have so few people in Austin been invited? Why are online orders in Cali getting invited and VINS already? Why is Canada getting invited at the expense of missing deadlines when the Canada estimator states that those people will get their cars 3 months from now? These are the types of questions in my head that make no sense to me and won't ever be answered but it is really annoying. Frankly if I kept avoiding the customer and kept promising dates and missing them I would have lost the customer already.

With all this said and with my intense aggravation with the entire situation I really do want to give Tesla the chance and I really do want to own the next generation of automobile. Where do I draw the line? Plus if I have to answer 10 more questions of when I am getting my car this week I might go bezerk. It is like twisting the knife in the wound.

*I apologize for my rant. I usually am quiet and a happy all around guy. I just have an intense sense of frustration with this right now*