Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally getting around to tinting ours today and the installer, who is a family friend and does amazing work, said the back window was the most challenging piece of tinting he has done in his career and they special ordered some film to fit.

He did an AMAZING job and this thing looks like its straight from the future. Ecstatic with the results.

Here was a teaser pic he sent.

IMG_2867.jpg

So they went with "cover it all" on the back window? How's it look from inside now that, I assume, the top over the driver is less dark than the top of the back window?

Yes the back part near the roof is darker and fades into the lighter area where “double tint” isn’t.

Doesn’t bother me at all as that’s the way it was when it was untinted. I prefer that look over the line trying to match the tints imo.

From the outside, as you can see from the pic, you cannot tell and it looks amazing.

Reactions: randy1077
Yes the back part near the roof is darker and fades into the lighter area where “double tint” isn’t.

Doesn’t bother me at all as that’s the way it was when it was untinted. I prefer that look over the line trying to match the tints imo.

From the outside, as you can see from the pic, you cannot tell and it looks amazing.

Where in Dallas did you get it done? I'm going to need to get mine done as well (some day).

I've been seriously considering getting tinting done despite never having bothered with any car prior to this. What was the approximate cost for this install?

You can get a high-quality ceramic tint for $400 to $500. IMO, that's the best balance of cost vs. quality. You can also find cheaper, dyed tint for less than $300, or you can get best of the best for $800.

• Informative
Reactions: geoffreak
Tesla is still playing Texas Hold'm on me:

Configured & ordered on 1/26
Fully paid on 3/07
Original delivery schedule on 3/22: Cancel due to vehicle is still in transit
Rescheduled delivery on 3/27: Cancel due to vehicle still being at Fremont
Rescheduled delivery on 4/3: Wish me luck

Went with a friend to pickup his M3 today. There's a group of 4 of us who were first four in line at Austin and all configured 2/22. In the order of reservation/configuration:

Person 1: White, Aero, No VIN
Person 2: White, Sport, 3/13 VIN, 3/27 Delivery
Person 3: White, Aero, No VIN
Person 4: Midnight Silver, Aero, No VIN

All non-owners.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J