Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 290895
I picked up my silver Model 3 at the North Houston SC yesterday. I love it! I love the screen. I don’t miss the heads up display. I love the size! I can park so easily and the car doesn’t take up the entire parking space. The weirdest thing for me has been trying to get used to the blinker.

Yes, it’s true that you feel the road much more if you are coming from air suspension. Sometimes my S felt like it was floating above the road.

Congrats! It looks great! Super excited to see other silver cars. I know they are the least desirable choice.

I’m getting 3M crystalline tinting installed right now in North Ft Worth.

Surprise factory installed screen protector was on my 3 with 3/18 build date.
I don't have a 3 yet, but surprised no one else has asked, what is the "factory installed screen protector". I've seen other threads that people say there is a film on it that needs to be removed. I've seen many screens and plastic items come with a film cover on them that need to be removed. Is it truly noted as a protective covering of some sort, or is it a film that truly should be removed? Just curious.

I don't have a 3 yet, but surprised no one else has asked, what is the "factory installed screen protector". I've seen other threads that people say there is a film on it that needs to be removed. I've seen many screens and plastic items come with a film cover on them that need to be removed. Is it truly noted as a protective covering of some sort, or is it a film that truly should be removed? Just curious.
My understanding is they intended for it to be a temporary screen protector to last the duration of assembly/shipping/delivery and that it would be removed once the car was delivered. Mine started to bubble up within 24 hours of having the card and using the screen. I installed a matte protector from Abstract Ocean.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Finally picked up my Model 3 this past Tuesday. It looks better than even in pics. Haven't had much time in it but it's so far pretty good. Just had Xpel PPF and tint installed.

It's been a few days but I've had some minor issues with the car.

1. Can't get the neighborhood main gate opener to program in the 3. My home garage programmed just fine. I never had issues programming the main gate remote with the S or X.

2. Installing a baby car seat in the rear is causing a unlocked seat warning to appear. Even if its only the base, which weighs just a few pounds, its enough to trigger that warning. I just leave the seat uninstalled and on the floor unless I'm taking our kid in the car. Never had this issue with the S or X.

3. Fit and finish. Overall its pretty decent. One issue I have, and I've seen it on some youtube videos, is that the interior trim on the A pillor of the driver side bows out a little in the middle and isn't flush. It's obvious because the windshield has a black thick line on the edge and you can see the trim bulging out because the thickness in the black line changes. Had multiple fit and finish issues in my X and S, but the 3 seems better. Not where it should be compared to other manufacturers though, but still an improvement.

Could you tell us who did the console wrap?

Darn left out the important stuff. Here's the place I went to for Tinting and center console wrap,

Technics Window Tinting
1724 Lacy Dr. Ste 118
Fort Worth, TX 76177
817 571 8468

Out near Alliance Airport. Take Keller Hicks road to the west. They are approx 1.5 miles west of the
interstate.

Last edited:
Got the M3 picked up yesterday and the garage is now completed.

Attachments

• IMG_4386.jpg
    IMG_4386.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4384.jpg
    IMG_4384.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Informative
Reactions: Boourns
2. Installing a baby car seat in the rear is causing a unlocked seat warning to appear. Even if its only the base, which weighs just a few pounds, its enough to trigger that warning. I just leave the seat uninstalled and on the floor unless I'm taking our kid in the car. Never had this issue with the S or X..

Congrats! That’s curious. I guess you are using LATCH and it thinks you should be engaging the seatbelt? Are you using LATCH in the center seat?