Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless since Feb they have been getting more orders from those batches than they thought. They have been very slow to VIN since Feb except for some cases so I am wondering if the first batch at the end of the month is for the next month's projection and if they don't get what they are expecting then they invite more the following week. Then they wait until the next month. So if those two batches are for the current production rates then the next batch should be even larger.
As they have put out more and more invites that were initially deferred this means there is a growing number of people that are sitting on reservation with which they can drop the Configure hammer any time. The bigger that pool is the smaller the percentage of the pool deciding to go ahead and configure needs to be to impact how much room Tesla has to send out invites.

While certainly the F5 keeners configure within minutes or a couple hours of receiving an invite, there are people that take days and even weeks to decide. There may have been a crest building coming from those old invites. The effect would double up, as well. If the deferral rate drops not only are those vehicles now used but you then probably should anticipate a lower deferral rate on invites you just sent out, so you plan for more stragglers coming in.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dr. J
A shout out to Duane Garlow, GM at Expel Austin. He and his crew did a great job on my Model S and pending Model 3. His shop is clean and organized. Duane told me they love to work on Tesla and want me to share a special limited time promo for our fellow Tesla Motors Club members:

25% off Xpel PPF - Austin, TX location ONLY - Limited Time Offer

Check your accounts again. Someone with a 12pm reservation in Dallas just mentioned they can configure as of now. Hopefully that means more of our Texas peeps can configure!

THANK YOU

Attachments

• jpbpacyklen1f30ks5pep4y82av5twxk0jr.png
    jpbpacyklen1f30ks5pep4y82av5twxk0jr.png
    195 KB · Views: 36
I am so happy you guys got your invites!

I guess @likeafox went off the deep end like I did for him to get an invite today.
It was like Santa's workshop control room at Tesla HQ, rows of Tesla elves working banks of monitors.

ELF: Well, likeafox has been mostly nice with only a bit of naughty. And they're going stir crazy now. I think we've trolled them enough. We don't want to risk another @GoneCrazy uprising starting. Watcha say we let them off the hook here and send the invite?

ELON: *best Picard voice* Make it so.

• Funny
Reactions: Dr. J and likeafox
Question for all of you that have configured. When it's asking for "Upload Proof of Insurance", did you upload an existing car that's insured, or are you waiting for a VIN# and showing proof of insurance on the Tesla?
You should only need your current insurance here in Texas.

Rules are all over the place with car insurance companies, and can also vary according to state laws. For instance, in Texas, insurance companies must give a newly obtained vehicle the same amount of coverage as your car with the most coverage. That means if you have one car with collision and comprehensive and a second car with liability and then you add a third car, it will have collision and comprehensive extended to it.

But, in Texas, if you’re replacing a car on your policy you’re extended only the same coverage as the car the new car is replacing. And any new automatic coverage in Texas only lasts up to 30 days so during that time you must inform your insurer of the new car and decide what exact coverages you want on it.

Whatever your extension period is, if you wait past the deadline to notify your insurance company you will lose coverage on the new vehicle. This could get you in trouble with your state department of motor vehicles and your finance company, not to mention bring about major financial difficulties if you get in an accident.

Source: Car insurance for a new car

Last edited:
Question for all of you that have configured. When it's asking for "Upload Proof of Insurance", did you upload an existing car that's insured, or are you waiting for a VIN# and showing proof of insurance on the Tesla?

I uploaded the card for my S (the car the 3 replaced, even though I didn't trade it in to Tesla), and that's the last I ever had to worry about insurance. They didn't even ask for proof of insurance at delivery.

• Helpful
Reactions: likeafox
I asked the same question to my DA, and I was told that any proof insurance of my current vehicles is good enough. No need to add your new upcoming M3 to the your current policy, even if you know the VIN.

• Helpful

Existing car insurance is OK. I have yet to get insurance for my car yet. I don't want to start it until I have a delivery date. The funny thing is some ISA's will schedule delivery dates before your car is even paid for and others wait until all the bank stuff is complete. Mine is the later. I know that @MarkinArch had a delivery date before me and we are basically going through the entire thing side by side. His car is basically my car's twin. We are wondering if our cars will be on the same truck.

Anyway I really want to promote using a lender like mentioned before that will do the loan without a need for a lien. Trying to get my loan finalized with a lien has been a pain in the butt. The most difficult car purchase I have ever done. I am not sure if it is the bank, Tesla, or a combination of the two. (or maybe it is me haha)

• Helpful
Existing car insurance is OK. I have yet to get insurance for my car yet. I don't want to start it until I have a delivery date. The funny thing is some ISA's will schedule delivery dates before your car is even paid for and others wait until all the bank stuff is complete. Mine is the later. I know that @MarkinArch had a delivery date before me and we are basically going through the entire thing side by side. His car is basically my car's twin. We are wondering if our cars will be on the same truck.

Anyway I really want to promote using a lender like mentioned before that will do the loan without a need for a lien. Trying to get my loan finalized with a lien has been a pain in the butt. The most difficult car purchase I have ever done. I am not sure if it is the bank, Tesla, or a combination of the two. (or maybe it is me haha)
Can you point me to where that conversation about lenders took place?

That's weird regarding the Lien. I just got off an hour long phone call with RBFCU and they didn't mention anything about a lien. They needed me and my wife's VERBAL approvals and signatures on the finalized loan and they said they would send the check out. Unfortunately my wife will not be able to sign or verbally approve today because of employer email restrictions!!!!! They also didn't ask for the Certificate of Origination. Crazy how different things are from one person to the next at the same lending institution.

Also, @ummgood since my car has a lower VIN than yours, I am the older twin. :)

So what is everyone's thoughts on GAP insurance? Apparently the underwriters gave the 3 a $135,000 valuation!!! WTF?!?!