Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let me say this from experience. Right now I completely understand your pain. I think Tesla has issues and this entire process is disappointing. With that said once you see your car and sit behind the wheel there is this strange thing that happens. Your mouth starts to smile from ear to ear and you have so much happiness that nothing Tesla does matters. The car is incredible and will erase everything in your mind about the point up to that point you sat in that car.

Having driven a 3 several days already, I am well familiar of what I'm missing out on :D

Congrats on getting a great ride, small issues and all!

• Love
Reactions: ummgood
Congrats @ummgood ! Silver is looking awesome in the sunlight. Can definitely see that Tesla Grin.

Thanks! I think I'll look like the joker from batman soon and won't ever be able to get it off my face.

My twin! Love how good silver looks in the sun! Have fun.

Thanks I love the color. I was second guessing myself when I got there and couldn't see my car and there was the red, blue and MSM there. Then I saw mine and felt sorry for the others that didn't pick the most amazing color like I did (I am just joking/well maybe not).

So here I go... (I am also going to post this into the Model 3 Owner's Forum but I feel close to the group here so I am posting it here as well)

I got my car today.

Very nice looking ride! I had my eye on silver since the reveal, and still think it's the best choice (but all colors have looked great). My 7-year old had also wanted silver (but I guess that was his choice as a 5-year old ... he wanted Blue now - with the white interior - he's got good taste!). Wife liked the midnight silver best (and her current new car is the lighter silver, but she also wanted to keep the cost down. With Silver, I really wanted the 19" wheels and white interior, but I also liked the classic black, with aero wheels and a nice tint job ... so that's what I ended up with.

That said - it's hard to look at your new car and not have to convince myself I made the right choice :)

Very nice looking ride! I had my eye on silver since the reveal, and still think it's the best choice (but all colors have looked great). My 7-year old had also wanted silver (but I guess that was his choice as a 5-year old ... he wanted Blue now - with the white interior - he's got good taste!). Wife liked the midnight silver best (and her current new car is the lighter silver, but she also wanted to keep the cost down. With Silver, I really wanted the 19" wheels and white interior, but I also liked the classic black, with aero wheels and a nice tint job ... so that's what I ended up with.

That said - it's hard to look at your new car and not have to convince myself I made the right choice :)

Thanks I really love the color. I really convinced myself to go all out because whats $2,500 on a car with a $50k price tag? I know others really have to struggle to pay for the car so I understand. We have a single income and I have been in a mode to buy a car and pay it off in 4 years then replace the other 8 year old car and pay the new one off in 4 years etc... That is the only way I can keep our house at 1 car payment. I am hoping the Tesla will go 8 years at a minimum.

Love the silver!!! Good choice
( ^__^)b

Thanks! It looks amazing.

Have any of you folks who picked up your Tesla in March received your TX tags? I had to
flip my temp tag over a few days ago. I'm on my 2nd 30 day period,

I have my car and no paperwork yet haha. I picked up yesterday but I figured it would be a long process. I am guessing it is a slow process if they cannot get paperwork to people in time for delivery.

Have any of you folks who picked up your Tesla in March received your TX tags? I had to
flip my temp tag over a few days ago. I'm on my 2nd 30 day period,

I pick up tomorrow but have already returned the papers that had been fedex'd to me from Tesla. Paper work in the package contained the following.....
  • Application for Texas Title and/or Registration
  • DMV - Vehicle/Vessel Transfer and Reassignment Form
  • TxDMV Limited Power of Attorney for Eligible Motor Vehicle Transactions
  • Statement of Delivery Outside California
  • Tesla Motors Inc Odometer Disclosure Statement for Title Transfers
  • DMV - Power of Attorney

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J
Going back to the SC on a flatbed with only 300 miles on it...it was charging for an hour on Sunday night before got the "charging interrupted" error message on the phone. I went to the garage and saw wall connector charger was dead. I reset the circuit breaker and got the wall connector back on and tried it on my MS and it worked fine. I tried to charge the M3 again but would not charged and went inside the car and saw the flashing error messages "vehicle can not maintain power", "vehicle can be used". Got it towed to the SC the next morning and the last I heard from the service advisor was "faulty temperature sensor that caused a circuit board to shut down". The car is still at the SC while my wife is having a 2014 P85 loaner.

Attachments

• IMG_4614.jpg
    IMG_4614.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4615.jpg
    IMG_4615.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 32
With the technology behind Photosync's heat rejecting capabilities, it is not an inexpensive option. However, there is Ceraluxe Quantum Ceramic, which is 100% nano-ceramic. This is the 2nd highest heat rejecting film on the market (2nd to only Photosync) and is manufactured by Prestige Film Technologies (same maker of Photosync). The pricing is lower than Photosync, but blocks out more heat than Crystalline and Huper. Many manufacturers of "ceramic" films have a mixture of other components, which is why not all ceramics are created equal. Here is more information on Ceraluxe:

CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic® | Prestige

Original delivery was scheduled for this morning. As mentioned above, that was scrapped because car was in transit. They rescheduled it for his after. After many attempted calls to the SC, they finally answered and told me my car is STILL in north Texas.

How can Tesla be so bad at this? It will arrive in town a full two+ days after it was supposed to at a minimum.

Thanks @Boourns.
How’s the 3 comparing to your former S?
I’m enjoying the improved visibility. Yesterday I got stop in the center lane of a divide highway waiting on an opening when I noticed the improved side view out my 3.
I also like having the speed and distance adjustment on the right scroll wheel.
The 3 is growing on me. If Tesla can sell 35k version watch out big auto.

Congrats @ummgood on the new car! Bummer about the small issues, but sounds like you are not sweating the small stuff. I'm sure it's easier said than done of course. :p Hope things get corrected soon and painless and many happy miles follow!

BTW, you need to update your sig ;)

Oh ok thanks! I forgot about the sig. I have been outside staring at my car all day.

I am not sweating the small stuff at all. Honestly I could live with the car in its current state forever.

Reactions: Zaphod
Thanks @Boourns.
How’s the 3 comparing to your former S?
I’m enjoying the improved visibility. Yesterday I got stop in the center lane of a divide highway waiting on an opening when I noticed the improved side view out my 3.
I also like having the speed and distance adjustment on the right scroll wheel.
The 3 is growing on me. If Tesla can sell 35k version watch out big auto.

My S was an early basic model so I feel like the 3 is a car from the future. Everything about it is better except for the frunk size and free supercharging. Once the short range debuts I think we're quickly going to be a 2 Tesla family and never drive an ICE again.

Reactions: Zaphod