Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have delivery scheduled for this Thursday (Austin)

Does Tesla still FedEx'ed paperwork to be completed/returned before Delivery?
(nothing has been shipped via FedEx to me yet)

I have inquired with my SA to see what they say and I will call the store the day before to make sure everything is good to go.

The paperwork does not need to be returned before you can take delivery of the vehicle, but the sooner it goes out, the sooner you will get your plates. You will likely receive the paperwork the day before your scheduled delivery date.

• Informative
Reactions: dduffey
Just heard from my ISA via email. He says my delivery should take place the 3rd or 4th week of June. At this point I'm not even mad about not having it for my trip during the first two weeks. I'm just glad it won't show up while I'm gone and then have the 7 day pickup limit ruin my ability to get the car. Now that I'm using an unsecured loan, it should make the whole process easier too.

Chris came back from being off on Monday and shot me an email saying that as long as my bank gets him the money by the 29th then the car should be delivered within 14 days after that and I should be able to pick it up in mid-June. I ended up replying to him with one question and he ended up replying right back.

As much trouble as it is been so far it is nice to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. My friends and family say they will believe me when they see it.

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Chris came back from being off on Monday and shot me an email saying that as long as my bank gets him the money by the 29th then the car should be delivered within 14 days after that and I should be able to pick it up in mid-June. I ended up replying to him with one question and he ended up replying right back.

As much trouble as it is been so far it is nice to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. My friends and family say they will believe me when they see it.
funny that both of your VINs are so close

An unsecured loan sure makes this fast and easy. I just submitted payment. Now to wait another month for my car...

Attachments

• ygy1tkj3m1qymx0c8k1mrblm948dp7h93yd.png
    ygy1tkj3m1qymx0c8k1mrblm948dp7h93yd.png
    466.5 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: bollar
Just got a call from my ISA. I can pick it up as early as Tuesday, June 5th. They apparently don't do deliveries on Mondays.

This would obviously cut out some of my vacation time, but then I'd have the car for the trip. I'd run the risk of it arriving late, but it is also possible it could arrive early.

I've decided to go for it as I'd much rather have a shorter trip I enjoy vs a longer trip I really want to end. Hopefully they manage to get it to me a little earlier and everything is perfect.

• Love
Reactions: Twiglett and bollar
I just had my contract delivered electronically, signed and returned it. Assuming my bank may cut the check for the remainder tomorrow and my ACH pull goes fine tonight then I'm hoping they actually ship the car out earlier than expected. A June 5th delivery would be awesome for me but not expected.

Glad to have mostly everything out of the way finally, just to sit and wait some more.

Just got a call from my ISA. I can pick it up as early as Tuesday, June 5th. They apparently don't do deliveries on Mondays.

This would obviously cut out some of my vacation time, but then I'd have the car for the trip. I'd run the risk of it arriving late, but it is also possible it could arrive early.

I've decided to go for it as I'd much rather have a shorter trip I enjoy vs a longer trip I really want to end. Hopefully they manage to get it to me a little earlier and everything is perfect.

There’s a third option there that I’m not going to speak into existence...

Maybe log in to check? Perhaps it will show up there before emails actually go out.
Oh, trust me have been doing that frequently and covering all bases by checking mobile and desktop versions :D

However, I am just a pre-reveal reservation holder and just received my initial invite on 4/18, so assume it will take some time before my chance comes around.

Reactions: EfficientWatts
Any of my Texas friends not have a flush fitting charging port door? Mine kind of sticks out near the bottom right and my OCD has been getting to me over the months.

Might be a good time to utilize that new Plano Service Center. As well as for a rotation.

So with regards to insurance on the delivery page, for Texas what are the requirements? Can I upload my current one or do I need to get one that has the Model 3 and VIN listed? AWD is 12-16 wks away so I have time but would be good to know so I know how much time I will have to shop.

BTW I was able to call in to change my car color (changed to deep blue metallic from midnight silver metallic)

So with regards to insurance on the delivery page, for Texas what are the requirements? Can I upload my current one or do I need to get one that has the Model 3 and VIN listed? AWD is 12-16 wks away so I have time but would be good to know so I know how much time I will have to shop.

BTW I was able to call in to change my car color (changed to deep blue metallic from midnight silver metallic)

Car insurance for a new car

Rules are all over the place with car insurance companies, and can also vary according to state laws. For instance, in Texas, insurance companies must give a newly obtained vehicle the same amount of coverage as your car with the most coverage. That means if you have one car with collision and comprehensive and a second car with liability and then you add a third car, it will have collision and comprehensive extended to it.

But, in Texas, if you’re replacing a car on your policy you’re extended only the same coverage as the car the new car is replacing. And any new automatic coverage in Texas only lasts up to 30 days so during that time you must inform your insurer of the new car and decide what exact coverages you want on it.

So all you need is proof of current insurance for any car.

Last edited:
Any of my Texas friends not have a flush fitting charging port door? Mine kind of sticks out near the bottom right and my OCD has been getting to me over the months.

Might be a good time to utilize that new Plano Service Center. As well as for a rotation.

Just picked up a Blue Aero (17xxx) in Austin, mine is also as you described. I didn't inquire about it when I picked it up. Not clear if it could be better aligned or not (didn't check any others).

Related and just to provide others with my experience:

The front hood was also "sunk" in as many are, but it was the same on both sides and with the blue color it wasn't really that obvious without touching or looking hard, so I didn't attempt to fix it (i.e. via the rubber screws). Figured I would drive it a bit before doing anything there. I didn't notice any other misalignment. Didn't take it over 60 mph, but didn't notice any mirrior/triangle whistling, etc. No loading/unloading damage (rims/underneath) New seat style.

I brought a checklist of items and spent about an hour with the car, probably more OCD than average but not bring-a-flashlight level OCD. Some minor issues in the paint, center console, etc., but nothing that wouldn't happen after a short time of ownership anyway. A bit dirty from being in a Fremont parking lot for a month or so and my wife commented that it doesn't look like a new car, but I'de rather detail it myself anyway.

The windows were not really clean (some from pollen/weather and some from factory residue). There was some black sealant on the headliner near the moonroof, but not super noticeable. The only thing I brought up was a scratch on the interior windshield drivers side eye level (looks like something scrapped it probably during install and not indistinguishable from dirt/smear). They gave me basically every option possible so I decided to have the windshield replaced since that was the only issue I was concerned about.

If you have aeros and bring in your caps, they will put them on for you.
Pre-install the Telsa app, they will add your car to your account right before they give the tour/delivery.

Overall, I drove away happy and I could tell they cared that they made sure I drove away happy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. J