Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just FYI, I believe most cars for delivery in Dallas are stored at an offsite lot - I looked around for mine, after my ISA confirmed it had 'arrived', and before my delivery, but it was nowhere to be found (did not check the day immediately prior to delivery, unsure how far in advance they may move from the offsite lot to the service center for final detailing/inspections etc). I saw some speculation before about where that lot might be, but never saw anything definitive.... maybe someone knows more on the timing or where to snoop for these about-to-be-delivered babies :)

Well hohow about that. I'd ask whoever confirms the appointment with me to take a look but I doubt they look until it's on site.

I've been trying to get in contact with my ISA Andres for a week now to see if I can get a delivery at the end of this week instead of the beginning of next (to minimally impact my trip), but I can't seem to get a hold of him. He doesn't seem to reply to my emails and I always get his voicemail when calling. I've called the Model 3 phone line and the rep said they'd ping him, but I still haven't heard from him at all.

Is calling the Dallas service center a worthwhile effort to ask for an earlier delivery? I'm trying my best to minimally impact everyone because I know they're busy, but silence doesn't help.

The answer is yes, calling the Dallas service center is a worthwhile effort. I've gotten my delivery moved to this Saturday. They told me my car is "on the ground" but they were waiting on temporary tags. They said it might even be available on Friday if the tags come in earlier. For now, my delivery is on Saturday now, but they've noted down that I'm available on Friday.

I'm quite happy about this development and optimistic for even more movement, though not super worried if it doesn't happen.

The answer is yes, calling the Dallas service center is a worthwhile effort. I've gotten my delivery moved to this Saturday. They told me my car is "on the ground" but they were waiting on temporary tags. They said it might even be available on Friday if the tags come in earlier. For now, my delivery is on Saturday now, but they've noted down that I'm available on Friday.

I'm quite happy about this development and optimistic for even more movement, though not super worried if it doesn't happen.

I may call them tomorrow and see if I can move mine to earlier in the week when a hotel won't cost me an arm and a leg. Mine still is 1 week and a couple days out but I would imagine it should hopefully be there by tomorrow?

Reactions: geoffreak
Am I supposed to be getting any kind of documents to sign? I was told by my ISA when the delivery date was set that I'd need to have the documents signed and sealed in an envelope when I show up to delivery. With my delivery date being tomorrow or Saturday, I find it hard to believe I'll be getting any documents in time unless they show up out of the blue today.

I still have had no contact with my ISA since the delivery date was set, so I'm going to try and reach out to the Dallas service center to see if they might be able to help.

Am I supposed to be getting any kind of documents to sign? I was told by my ISA when the delivery date was set that I'd need to have the documents signed and sealed in an envelope when I show up to delivery. With my delivery date being tomorrow or Saturday, I find it hard to believe I'll be getting any documents in time unless they show up out of the blue today.

I still have had no contact with my ISA since the delivery date was set, so I'm going to try and reach out to the Dallas service center to see if they might be able to help.

Presuming they are still doing the things the same as 2 months ago, you may get a fedex envelope from Tesla today or tomorrow. Inside are papers for your registration, taxes, and plates. The packet specifically says not to give the documents to the delivery people and to fedex them back.

The day before delivery I got a call and text from a woman named Hilary (I think) from the service center. It was just to confirm the appointment. We kept missing each other, so we just texted back and forth.

At delivery you sign 1 or 2 pieces of paper and that's it. They didn't even ask for proof of insurance.

My ISA went completely radio silent after the car was on the truck. Never heard from him again.

Presuming they are still doing the things the same as 2 months ago, you may get a fedex envelope from Tesla today or tomorrow. The packet specifically says not to give them to the delivery people and to fedex them back. They are for your registration, taxes, and plates.

At delivery you sign 1 or 2 pieces of paper and that's it. They didn't even ask for proof of insurance.

My ISA went completely radio silent after the car was on the truck. Never heard from him again.

My ISA made it sound like things had changed and that the paperwork should be provided in a sealed envelope rather than directly mailed in. I'm not sure how true this is, I just wanted to make sure there was no chance of a delayed delivery.

At least my MVPA is now showing up on my Tesla Account page online. The delivery declaration page makes it look like it's fine to do after the fact.
m82q30xl9prx79mf1lju4qivwwrtynqrm8t.png

Also, in case anyone was wondering, here's the Texas cost breakdown for my config (MSM+Aero, FSD, LR + PUP)
zn217puxm5f6ya4n77d5hs738xvc8ht978r.png

Reactions: dm 72468
I may call them tomorrow and see if I can move mine to earlier in the week when a hotel won't cost me an arm and a leg. Mine still is 1 week and a couple days out but I would imagine it should hopefully be there by tomorrow?

They called me today, confirmed the bumpers match and moved me up by a week. Taking delivery at 11am on Saturday. Yay.

My ISA made it sound like things had changed and that the paperwork should be provided in a sealed envelope rather than directly mailed in. I'm not sure how true this is, I just wanted to make sure there was no chance of a delayed delivery.

At least my MVPA is now showing up on my Tesla Account page online. The delivery declaration page makes it look like it's fine to do after the fact.
View attachment 305151

Also, in case anyone was wondering, here's the Texas cost breakdown for my config (MSM+Aero, FSD, LR + PUP)
View attachment 305152
The SC confirmed that in good old, forward thinking Texas, that as Tesla isn't allowed to sell cars that they can't be part of the actual sales process. That means all the docs you sign are not processed by the SC staff. They can take the sealed packet to drop off at Fedex for you, or you can take it to Fedex yourself.
I got my packet from Fedex the day before my delivery.

Reactions: geoffreak
They called me today, confirmed the bumpers match and moved me up by a week. Taking delivery at 11am on Saturday. Yay.

If my delivery doesn't get moved forward, then I'll see you there since I'm also currently scheduled to take delivery at 11am.

You don't by chance need a second USB-C cable, do you? I need two Lightning cables and I'm looking to trade.

Reactions: ryanakata
If my delivery doesn't get moved forward, then I'll see you there since I'm also currently scheduled to take delivery at 11am.

You don't by chance need a second USB-C cable, do you? I need two Lightning cables and I'm looking to trade.

I already have 2 USB C cables but will gladly trade you one of the ones that come with the car. I don't plan on sticking around for the orientation unless persuaded otherwise. I plan to grab and go if I can. See that display pic on my post? That's me and my wife. We will be there with our kid who is 10 months on that day. I'm pretty sure you can't miss us. Help me look for defects on my car and I'll help you as well, lol.

The plates didn't come in today, so I'm definitely having my delivery tomorrow. I was told that plates take two days, so they are expected tonight. I guess this works since my paperwork is arriving via FedEx this evening. I asked them to trip-charge my Model 3 as I will also be leaving quickly from the delivery to go on my trip.

I'll see you there @ryanakata. I think I'll be wearing a black Tesla t-shirt.

The plates didn't come in today, so I'm definitely having my delivery tomorrow. I was told that plates take two days, so they are expected tonight. I guess this works since my paperwork is arriving via FedEx this evening. I asked them to trip-charge my Model 3 as I will also be leaving quickly from the delivery to go on my trip.

That's funny, it reminds me of our delivery, in the dim and distant past of last week.
My wife ordered some matching Tesla shirts from Amazon for all of us to wear during delivery.
The car was delivered perfectly, but the shirts didn't arrive until the day after we got the car :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: Dr. J and geoffreak

I'm headed back to West Monroe Louisiana and completely did not think about asking them to range charge it. I would assume I have enough charge to hit the Lindale supercharger.

I'm headed back to West Monroe Louisiana and completely did not think about asking them to range charge it. I would assume I have enough charge to hit the Lindale supercharger.

You could try calling them first thing in the morning (they open at 8, but they don't always answer the phone) and ask them to charge it up as much as possible.

Worst case scenario, you can hit up the Dallas supercharger, which is about 5-10 miles east from the service center, or just hit up one of the many superchargers on the way home.