Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You could try calling them first thing in the morning (they open at 8, but they don't always answer the phone) and ask them to charge it up as much as possible.

Worst case scenario, you can hit up the Dallas supercharger, which is about 5-10 miles east from the service center, or just hit up one of the many superchargers on the way home.

Are you staying for the introduction to the car thing or just grabbing it and leaving?

Are you staying for the introduction to the car thing or just grabbing it and leaving?

Depends on how long things get. I don't want to stay much longer than about an hour and a half, so we'll see how far we get. My wife doesn't know much about the car's functionality, so the introduction would mainly be for her benefit.

I wonder how big our delivery group will end up being. That would be pretty funny if it was just us. I'm guessing though you might not be the only one who got their delivery moved up.

Depends on how long things get. I don't want to stay much longer than about an hour and a half, so we'll see how far we get. My wife doesn't know much about the car's functionality, so the introduction would mainly be for her benefit.

I wonder how big our delivery group will end up being. That would be pretty funny if it was just us. I'm guessing though you might not be the only one who got their delivery moved up.
There were three cars in our group, but that was Austin. We were the first to leave, but the whole thing was done for us in less than an hour.
The staff were happy to hang out and chat if we wanted, I just wanted to get out and drive it.
We completely forgot about the model car until we got home and found it in the center console :cool:

• Informative
Reactions: geoffreak
Mine took about 30 minutes but we were the only ones and a private delivery if you will. But we also watched every single YT video known to man and just wanted to drive the thing.

In other news, going to utilize the Plano Service Center for the first time as we have some minor things to do. Our pillar on the drivers side is bulging out and wont snap back in, our charge door does not sit flush with the car and is annoying my OCD, and already time for a tire rotation as its been 6000 glorious miles.

First appointment isnt available though until June 7th.

I was in and out in about an hour.

Also @ryanakata they have a secret service-only supercharger at the service center, so if you call ahead they should be able to charge it up for you to head back to Louisiana.

I actually tried to talk to them but no one answered the phone yesterday evening or this morning so if it is delivered to me with less of a charge I will just hit up the supercharger in Lindale.

I should have the car in 2 hours.

I got my car!

Nice meeting you @ryanakata. It was very brief though, as delivery took about a half hour with us and another customer. I had no trouble doing things myself to get setup.

I got home and realized the glove box doesn’t open, but I’ll worry about that after the trip. I put my insurance slip in the center console for the time being. Everything else seems perfect. I love driving this car already.

I got my car!

Nice meeting you @ryanakata. It was very brief though, as delivery took about a half hour with us and another customer. I had no trouble doing things myself to get setup.

I got home and realized the glove box doesn’t open, but I’ll worry about that after the trip. I put my insurance slip in the center console for the time being. Everything else seems perfect. I love driving this car already.

I came here to tell you the exact same thing. My glovebox does not budge and the right plastic cover of my dash was in the floorboard whenever I first got in the car.

Next time when I'm not in as big of a hurry I will hang out a little more. We supercharged in Shreveport and got a bite to eat and when I came back the car had drawn a small crowd.

Currently charging at home and plan to head up to Arkansas tomorrow to visit the family and show off the car. It has exceeded all of my expectations and I'm sure yours has too.

D94591BB-60F1-4D3C-85E1-52AA354096A7.jpeg
Picked up mine today. I got there about 10 minutes early and they were ready for me. Took 30 minutes tops. The car and interface are so intuitive, it’s very straightforward. Thanks to you guys, I remembered to check the glove box :) and it worked. Saw another black one on the way home.

Needless to say, I love this car!!!

Last edited:
@KGTES

Do you have a VIN yet - looking up your record as a marker since we have the same config being delivered to Dallas. VIN allotments have consistently shown up for configs past 4/15 for the past few days, but data might now be skewed due to the closure of the shop hack.

@KGTES

Do you have a VIN yet - looking up your record as a marker since we have the same config being delivered to Dallas. VIN allotments have consistently shown up for configs past 4/15 for the past few days, but data might now be skewed due to the closure of the shop hack.

I am a current Tesla owner, configured my M3 on 4/16 and still have not recieved a VIN. This is the first M3 I have ordered.

Last edited:
@KGTES

@KGTES got a VIN and he picks it up Friday - reported in another forum. I don't come here near as often either, but also have a Dallas VIN and scheduled pick up on 6/14 - hoping to talk to someone tomorrow and maybe pick up on Saturday - it is supposed to be on the ground today.

EDA306A4-5424-488F-AF2B-F22D74F0EB00.jpeg D273A10B-05F6-4F47-A127-978AE03B829A.jpeg F43EF772-159D-4FF2-BEEE-7F2E28F2C4DF.jpeg 4E6F7A18-E70B-4204-8413-9487DBD62B9A.jpeg 526FBDAF-04E3-491D-9315-75054C517849.jpeg 5DA184E0-CE1B-477E-83A1-F9C6A781F447.jpeg 69BF84B9-AC49-474E-8C89-B8AE365C1537.jpeg 118002D9-350A-40C5-90A4-3E80D65EE31D.jpeg D0E88F96-DD56-477C-93AD-1C0A33CCF152.jpeg
Picked up from my tint job today. The shop did a great job with the one piece rear glass. I ended up choosing Llumar Formula One Pinnacle 30 ceramic tint all around, including sunroof area. Very experienced guys that just opened their new shop. Veteran owned and had very competitive pricing.

Utilizing the new Plano Service Center today for the first time. Beautiful facility, prompt service, and guys were on top of their game.

Didnt expect a loaner as I was told they were out but to my surprise this morning they gave me a Model X P100D...with ludicrous!! :eek:

With that being said, I miss my 3 already. I have never been a fan of the X design but that acceleration of ludicrous and the P100D cannot be understated, wow!!!

@KGTES got a VIN and he picks it up Friday - reported in another forum. I don't come here near as often either, but also have a Dallas VIN and scheduled pick up on 6/14 - hoping to talk to someone tomorrow and maybe pick up on Saturday - it is supposed to be on the ground today.

Congratulations on your car. Glad to hear KGTES has his as well.

I would hope TX 4/18s would start popping up soon, have been seeing other states having moved ahead, but at the same time there are orders prior to 4/13 that have not been assigned VIN yet. So there seems to be no pattern to follow. I did get the June delay email, but not sure how this is going to happen in the next two weeks, given the slowdown they will have with hitting the 200k mark.

I was on hold for a long time this morning, but then it was almost a pointless when I got through. They had nothing to tell me when I should expect to be contacted - just a simple "don't call us, let us call you". The EV data from Jun almost doubled to 600 odd Model 3s in TX compared to 350 something in May, so there is definite forward movement... just that this VINsanity continues. Never felt so helpless spending money haha.