Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Legislative update: Please help out if you live in Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday was a long day, but fun. Met some new friends, got to shake the hand of video game legend and space tourist Lord British, and say my piece. I would have really liked to speak after the two 'against' speakers because there was bogus stuff in there, but what can you do. The online video says the committee meeting lasted from 1:30pm until 12:36am (!) so keep that in mind if you ever want to run for Texas state legislature. The discussion on the electric vehicle bill started at 5pm and as @ZestyChicken stated, if you skip ahead to 3h08m in the video you can see it. RealPlayer (free) is required.

Yesterday was a long day, but fun. Met some new friends, got to shake the hand of video game legend and space tourist Lord British, and say my piece. I would have really liked to speak after the two 'against' speakers because there was bogus stuff in there, but what can you do. The online video says the committee meeting lasted from 1:30pm until 12:36am (!) so keep that in mind if you ever want to run for Texas state legislature. The discussion on the electric vehicle bill started at 5pm and as @ZestyChicken stated, if you skip ahead to 3h08m in the video you can see it. RealPlayer (free) is required.

I was debating driving down from Dallas. I didn't because I had a friend coming in from out of town but I'm kind of regretting it. Lord British? Very cool... I think he spoke, no?

April 10 2013: Tune in to FoxNews 5pm and ABC 6pm, concerning Texas hearings.

How can people outside of the US watch this as well?

I live in The Netherlands.

Maybe somebody can insert a link in this thread, so that we can watch it at the same time as our American friends.

Maybe somebody can record both these news items/stories and put it on YouTube?

Thanks for your help.

Here are some photos from the hearing, sadly I had to leave before Elon spoke:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/griswell/sets/72157633210102073/

It was standing room only for 3 hours as we waited:

8638333590_c21c81e49d_b.jpg