Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model 3 Registrations Exceed Bolt Registrations May 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well sure, Texas gets all the sales tax and don't have to payout any of the EV credit, I bet Texas is very happy.

I seriously thought about getting delivery in CA and driving it home just to screw over "TX sales tax, but no rebate," but decided I wanted the $3k difference for myself.

I wonder how long it will be before Model 3 sales eclipse the sales of ALL Bolts since its launch. It seems easily doable by end of this year. The Federal rebate and Texas rebate combined with dealer discounts (at least the "best" discounts I see very occasionally), could actually push a loaded Premier mode to right around $30-$32K. That's a good bit cheaper than a Model 3 LR with the Premium package and Federal rebate. In really does show how these two cars have always been playing in different price categories despite their purported similar MSRPs.

I wonder how long it will be before Model 3 sales eclipse the sales of ALL Bolts since its launch. It seems easily doable by end of this year. ...

I would agree, likely this year.
GM set a sales target of 20k-30k annually last year and I believe 30k for this year.
I believe they could sell more, but they need to ramp up to do that.

I would agree, likely this year.
GM set a sales target of 20k-30k annually last year and I believe 30k for this year.
I believe they could sell more, but they need to ramp up to do that.

Monthly Plug-In Sales Scorecard
It's looking like early next year assuming the 5k a month from Tesla & 2.5k from GM. Trouble is, it is looking like they aren't selling at 2.5k a month, so when Tesla catches them is floaty, but looking Q1 or Q2 next year easy.