Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up Red/White,LE,19” just now.
Paint is good, only a few spots inside the door jams. They were even marked up. Guess they forgot to fix them.

Right headlight misaligned slightly. Same for the right door.
Nothing major that stops me from accepting it.
I also got miniature 3:
View attachment 572802

newbie here ‍♂️ I understand in Texas we have to accept delivery before being able to inspect the car. Is this true? What would you recommend to do in terms of inspection before/during delivery?

I did the external inspection first. I had decided I wouldn’t accept major paint issues. Panel gaps can be fixed, but mine were minor. Right headlight were misaligned, but everything can be fixed. The important thing is to not accept or get them to fix it. If not, nothing is going to change.

Reactions: Mooroo
At the Dallas location now picking up the car and it is EXCELLENT!
A few minor tweaks (adjusting a head light, rear trunk alignment) but other than that the car looks incredible. Advisor here is super friendly and helpful. Zero complaints.

accepting delivery and will start with accessories/tinting this week!

VIN 33XXX, LR Awd, 20” wheels, no hitch

Reactions: KRG21
Update:

scheduled a service visit for this Thursday to take care of alignment issues.

After driving it I’ve noticed a very loud plasticky rattle from the center console. It sounds like plastic rubbing on each other but I don’t exactly know where it’s coming from. Added it to the list.

Other than that the car is great

Uhh...where are the pics.
Haha I didn’t get to do a photo shoot with the car like I wanted to today! But here are some to tide over the team till I can get the good camera out.

0F44A32E-7A00-4A04-A782-9994E60AD9AF.jpeg
79FB80E3-8DD6-4385-A1FF-EC4A192A4CBD.jpeg
693C39D0-B625-4F4A-856C-67F4AB5A8122.jpeg

Got it back from Austin Detailing for a full PPF and full tint. They did an amazing job! The car is a 32xxx and had no major flaws. I've put in only about 300 miles, and had my first supercharger experience yesterday. This thing is a spaceship.

Attachments

• IMG_5630.jpeg
    IMG_5630.jpeg
    366.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_5583.jpeg
    IMG_5583.jpeg
    500.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5574.jpeg
    IMG_5574.jpeg
    346.8 KB · Views: 43
Looks great!! What does a "full" PPF and tint involve? Cost and how long to do? Thanks.
Paint Protection Film was applied to the car and tint on all windows (except the top), including the windshield. Your price may vary depending on who you decide to go with. These services usually run between $5- but I found Austin Detailing to provide great service and value. I would reach out to them and discuss what you want to do and what they can offer.

Paint Protection Film was applied to the car and tint on all windows (except the top), including the windshield. Your price may vary depending on who you decide to go with. These services usually run between $5- but I found Austin Detailing to provide great service and value. I would reach out to them and discuss what you want to do and what they can offer.
any reason for tinting the windshield and not also tinting the top? I'm planning to talk to Austin Detailing today to get an estimate.

any reason for tinting the windshield and not also tinting the top? I'm planning to talk to Austin Detailing today to get an estimate.

I would 100% recommend tinting the windshield and front side windows. I got mine done after driving 1000 miles without and I can notice a huge difference in the comfortableness of the cabin and a decrease in my wh/mi for the car. I was averaging about 380 wh/mi before the tint, and now it's gone down to 290 wh/mi. I've left the AC on auto between 70-72 before and after the tint.

I went to Sunbusters in North Austin and they did an awesome job. Got Formula One Stratos on the side windows and Llumar Air 90. Am going to reach out to Austin Detailing for PPF or ceramic coating.