Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Model Ys

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well yall I FINALLY took delivery on August 8th in Plano. Was ready for pickup on August 4th but during the final inspection Tesla noted two minor paint imperfections. Went and took and look and decided to have them fix it then instead of later. Other wise the vehicle was in perfect condition. Took 4 days to fix and immediately took it to the shop to have a full matte paint protection fim applied, tinted tail lights, center console wrap, and ceramic coated seats and windshield. Should be finished today then immediately off to the tint shop. Very excited to finally get to enjoy it.

Would you be able to let us know how much would paint protection film+tint and ceramic coating for seats would typically cost? I am waiting for my. car to be delivered and taking some quotes here in Austin but wanted to have some idea on the costs before I talk to detailing shops.

Reactions: Mooroo
I received a call from my delivery advisor saying they were able to get me a VIN and car is already in Austin, TX. Apparently this car was brought over to Austin for other customer and sale fall apart and they are asking me if I would be interested to take it. (VIN: 26XXX). I am not sure if earlier customer has rejected this car for some technical/cosmetic reason they identified (or) for some other reason. Delivery advisor wouldn't know. Should I be worried about taking this delivery? are there any specific questions I should ask before proceeding further?

I received a call from my delivery advisor saying they were able to get me a VIN and car is already in Austin, TX. Apparently this car was brought over to Austin for other customer and sale fall apart and they are asking me if I would be interested to take it. (VIN: 26XXX). I am not sure if earlier customer has rejected this car for some technical/cosmetic reason they identified (or) for some other reason. Delivery advisor wouldn't know. Should I be worried about taking this delivery? are there any specific questions I should ask before proceeding further?

I wouldn’t be too worried. Worst case, reject delivery and wait for another vin. Doesn’t hurt to go look at it.

My car (vin 328xx) is essentially flawless. I didn't see any glaring paint defects, the gaps are very tight, the taillights are aligned, backseats are aligned. It was in better shape than my previous new car delivery (Range Rover). I'll go take some nice pictures tomorrow (to the best of my ability) but here's a couple for now.

Attachments

• MY exterior.jpeg
    MY exterior.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
  • MY interior.jpeg
    MY interior.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 67
Looks good! I’m waiting for the exact Same configuration. It’s been 9 weeks. Hopefully I get it soon. Enjoy!

My car (vin 328xx) is essentially flawless. I didn't see any glaring paint defects, the gaps are very tight, the taillights are aligned, backseats are aligned. It was in better shape than my previous new car delivery (Range Rover). I'll go take some nice pictures tomorrow (to the best of my ability) but here's a couple for now.

Reactions: KRG21
It's kind of discouraging seeing new August orders getting filled out everywhere and seeing no movement in Texas :(

I guess Tesla does text updates on Tuesdays?
I doubt there is any rhyme for text updates. I got mine on Thursday. But they do make cars in batches of colors. Right now seems blue is being produced.
“Patience is a first quality of Tesla owner” (c) Yoda :)

I doubt there is any rhyme for text updates. I got mine on Thursday. But they do make cars in batches of colors. Right now seems blue is being produced.
“Patience is a first quality of Tesla owner” (c) Yoda :)

Fingers crossed! I'm waiting on my blue baby (Long Range, Black/White Interior, no FSD). I've been maniacally checking the spreadsheet to see if other Texans have received their VIN around my order date (7/24)

Fingers crossed! I'm waiting on my blue baby (Long Range, Black/White Interior, no FSD). I've been maniacally checking the spreadsheet to see if other Texans have received their VIN around my order date (7/24)
VIN assignments and deliveries will speed up, as we are at midpoint in the quarter and all GA lines are ramping up... At least that's what I'm hoping for, since I just changed my order and the clock restarts for me!! I was due to receive my original order 4 days from now. Hope I don't kick myself :)

VIN assignments and deliveries will speed up, as we are at midpoint in the quarter and all GA lines are ramping up... At least that's what I'm hoping for, since I just changed my order and the clock restarts for me!! I was due to receive my original order 4 days from now. Hope I don't kick myself :)
Waiting is part of the excitement. Have you driven the MY with a white interior. I did at the Domain and while it looks great the glare inside from the white was too much for me.

Waiting is part of the excitement. Have you driven the MY with a white interior. I did at the Domain and while it looks great the glare inside from the white was too much for me.
Hmm, no I didn’t drive it. I (and my family) loved the look of it though so we’ll figure out a way to cope with it. I don’t like the white dash anyway so I may change that if it makes the glare worse

Hmm, no I didn’t drive it. I (and my family) loved the look of it though so we’ll figure out a way to cope with it. I don’t like the white dash anyway so I may change that if it makes the glare worse
I had the same thought on the white dash. It turned out ok, but since I already got an wood dash on eBay long before I got the Y delivered. I decided to test it out. It is pretty nice, so I’m going to drive a little with it. The nice thing is that it takes less than 5 min to swap it out.
8B637EB3-2FE7-4517-9BF6-6AE5FD8F1A3C.jpeg

I had the same thought on the white dash. It turned out ok, but since I already got an wood dash on eBay long before I got the Y delivered. I decided to test it out. It is pretty nice, so I’m going to drive a little with it. The nice thing is that it takes less than 5 min to swap it out.View attachment 577823
I have a love/hate relationship with the white interior, but I do think it looks much better with the wood as opposed to the white dash. Breaks up the sterility of having all white.

Just my opinion. Great job.

I have a love/hate relationship with the white interior, but I do think it looks much better with the wood as opposed to the white dash. Breaks up the sterility of having all white.

Just my opinion. Great job.
The white seats are not for my lifestyle but they do look great. The white dash is way too light reflective in the windshield for my taste. I think you take the wood panel and just make it a shade of grey. keep the grey alcantra in the door panels. I'm also not a fan of the white seat material in the door panels. I would even go as far as having Tesla put white alcantra in the door panels.