Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't recall but think our phone cables were either in the center consule or in the frunk. We had volunteers working our delivery center back in September and one of them installed ours for us. Super helpful as he had done his already and knew exactly how to run the wires. Got us all set up before leaving. Really appreciated having him there.

BTW under your frunk carpet mat should be your tow hook. In the trunk area should be your mobile charging kit. Our license plate holders (front -- plastic; rear -- chrome) I think were both in our trunk.

That’s horrible it took so long. Did they have a good reason?
Car delivered 12/28, a third party went to apply for the temp tag on 1/2, and uploaded the image on 1/4. A lady at the delivery center then sent it to me on 1/4 after I emailed them 3 days in a row. Maybe it is because I sent them the insurance with Model 3 on it too late (12/27) because I added the car to my insurance that day. But I think they can actually get the temp tag with their insurance like other dealership.

Car delivered 12/28, a third party went to apply for the temp tag on 1/2, and uploaded the image on 1/4. A lady at the delivery center then sent it to me on 1/4 after I emailed them 3 days in a row. Maybe it is because I sent them the insurance with Model 3 on it too late (12/27) because I added the car to my insurance that day. But I think they can actually get the temp tag with their insurance like other dealership.

I did little digging .. i guess my car passed the emission test on 12/20 morning (same day as delivery), and they used Tesla's insurance for registration .. the temp tag was on my car when it was delivered ..

i checked the test result here: http://www.mytxcar.org/

2OXuXT6.png

Goofy question-Where have y'all placed your toll tag? I got my new one in the mail but am having a hard time disturbing the look of my car with the tag. I do know that eventually I'll have to put the registration sticker on the windshield but that'll be lower corner and we've all got used to that. Can you put the toll tag near the reg. sticker?

I went ahead and placed the sticker in the top corner on the passenger side of the rear view mirror. I have the top edge riding the tint line at the top of the wind shield. It doesn't stick out in my line of site. I'll have to see what the wife says when she's riding.
I was able to use my temp plate number to get the toll tag. Most of my family lives in Collin County so there is good (fast) way to get there from Fort Worth.

Goofy question-Where have y'all placed your toll tag? I got my new one in the mail but am having a hard time disturbing the look of my car with the tag. I do know that eventually I'll have to put the registration sticker on the windshield but that'll be lower corner and we've all got used to that. Can you put the toll tag near the reg. sticker?
I have my toll tag waiting to be put on as well haha don't want to disrupt my clean windshield!

Hope everyone is having great fun with your new toy .. I for one really like when I get to take it out ... Mine is black exterior, and I went out in rain the other day .. it needs a wash !

Did anyone get their license plates ? Will we be receiving them by mail, or should we collect them from Service Center?

Hope everyone is having great fun with your new toy .. I for one really like when I get to take it out ... Mine is black exterior, and I went out in rain the other day .. it needs a wash !

Did anyone get their license plates ? Will we be receiving them by mail, or should we collect them from Service Center?

Hey hey! Same here. I make excuses to drive... it’s just fun and satisfying to drive knowing I am not spending so much $ on gas.

I saw a black one in North Richland Hills other day. Looked good. It was also new with temp plates.

I have not received plates yet. Last time when I bought a used car, the plates were mailed home after 2 weeks.

I dunno if Tesla has processed paper work yet...

Hey hey! Same here. I make excuses to drive... it’s just fun and satisfying to drive knowing I am not spending so much $ on gas.

I saw a black one in North Richland Hills other day. Looked good. It was also new with temp plates.

I have not received plates yet. Last time when I bought a used car, the plates were mailed home after 2 weeks.

I dunno if Tesla has processed paper work yet...
I haven't received my plates yet either. Going on 1 month + 2 days now.