Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody got the plates yet?

Btw, I was looking at getting tints on the windows, kids complain that it's so bright inside when it's sunny .. any particular brand of film that you'd recommend to reflect Texas sun out and keep the temp inside better? Any recommendation in Dallas area for tint? Thank you!

Same here on the plates. I returned the registration stuff a bit late so I thought that might be mine haven't arrived.
After all of the YouTube videos I watched about this car, I don't believe I never saw anything about the rims. The wheels under the AERO caps are NICE! I purchased the hub and lug nut covers this week and can't wait to drive that look around.
AND is anyone having issue with the back up camera not working. Mine hasn't come on a time or three but this morning it hasn't came on at all while in reverse OR when activating it on the control screen.

Anybody got the plates yet?

Btw, I was looking at getting tints on the windows, kids complain that it's so bright inside when it's sunny .. any particular brand of film that you'd recommend to reflect Texas sun out and keep the temp inside better? Any recommendation in Dallas area for tint? Thank you!

I got mine tinted at Protint in Plano. I used lunar ceramic ctx. 30% sides and 15$ rear. I did not tint the roof. I like it. There is a line noticeable between the rear tint and roof, so if you want the transition to be smooth, you can have them tint the whole rear window for an extra $90. They also have HuperOptics which has even better heat rejection , but is also more expensive. If you tell them you were referred by me, Leo Jeng, they should give you a small discount. My tint job was $320.

I got mine tinted at Protint in Plano. I used lunar ceramic ctx. 30% sides and 15$ rear. I did not tint the roof. I like it. There is a line noticeable between the rear tint and roof, so if you want the transition to be smooth, you can have them tint the whole rear window for an extra $90. They also have HuperOptics which has even better heat rejection , but is also more expensive. If you tell them you were referred by me, Leo Jeng, they should give you a small discount. My tint job was $320.

Thanks for the referral. Anyone else got their windows tinted? Any other referrals around northwest plano/ Frisco area? Spring is almost here...

Also, have you installed front plates? I have not, just wondering what others did, and if any had trouble with patrol cars.

Miffed about the price reduction, but good for those who waited patiently.

Thanks for the referral. Anyone else got their windows tinted? Any other referrals around northwest plano/ Frisco area? Spring is almost here...

Also, have you installed front plates? I have not, just wondering what others did, and if any had trouble with patrol cars.

Miffed about the price reduction, but good for those who waited patiently.

I install my front plate using a no hole license plate bracket I got from ebay for $8. Works well, but I still feel the car looks so much better without the front license plate. Too afraid of getting a ticket. But I notice more than half the model 3s I see in Dallas do not have front license plates. Makes me want to risk taking mine off