Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question on my MVPA. I noticed the odometer reading is 50. Can you guys verify what was listed on yours? I’m trying to see if this is normal or am I getting a car that’s been driven already.
Now I do have it set up for home delivery so maybe this number is factoring in those miles.
Thanks

Question on my MVPA. I noticed the odometer reading is 50. Can you guys verify what was listed on yours? I’m trying to see if this is normal or am I getting a car that’s been driven already.
Now I do have it set up for home delivery so maybe this number is factoring in those miles.
Thanks

This is standard for Tesla. Had it on our X a few years ago, and have it on our 3.

I called the 888 # just to track the vehicle. They informed me that the vehicle is already in transit and should get there by 19th or 20th...
Haha that is what my gallery adviser + the 888 number told me last week.

My DA told me differently ;) I have a feeling our cars will be here this week.

Thanks

Mine also has 50 on the MVPA.

So I got a call today from the local Tesla letting me know they can move up my delivery date from 12/19 to 12/18 tomorrow. I declined because I couldn't get off from work so they confirmed my delivery time for Wed morning to my home.

I actually spoke to customer service on Sat and they let me know that my car was already at the service center. Which is a surprisingly short time between when the car was fully funded and when it arrived (3 days), making me wonder if it was already in transit before I paid or if they just have amazingly fast shipping now.

Recap:
Ordered: 10/18
Delivery Date Scheduled for 12/18 given via text: 12/9 (then called that day and changed it to 12/19 due to work and they gave me VIN as well)
ACH payment made on website: 12/12
Funds withdrawn from my account: 12/13
Called customer service to find out that car has arrived at Austin service center: 12/15
Delivery appt for 12/19 confirmed: 12/17 today

Reactions: rraghu78
So I got a call today from the local Tesla letting me know they can move up my delivery date from 12/19 to 12/18 tomorrow. I declined because I couldn't get off from work so they confirmed my delivery time for Wed morning to my home.

I actually spoke to customer service on Sat and they let me know that my car was already at the service center. Which is a surprisingly short time between when the car was fully funded and when it arrived (3 days), making me wonder if it was already in transit before I paid or if they just have amazingly fast shipping now.

Recap:
Ordered: 10/18
Delivery Date Scheduled for 12/18 given via text: 12/9 (then called that day and changed it to 12/19 due to work and they gave me VIN as well)
ACH payment made on website: 12/12
Funds withdrawn from my account: 12/13
Called customer service to find out that car has arrived at Austin service center: 12/15
Delivery appt for 12/19 confirmed: 12/17 today
This is the sole reason why I think once cars are off production line then they ship right away to the nearest service center. If they want to meet EOY deadlines, no way they hold the car in California until they receive payment.

Have you guys started looking into insurance ? I just tried quotes from Geico, my current provider, they want $640 for 6 months ... Progressive quote is $422 for 100/300/100 and 250/500 ded for comp/coll.

I have AllState. It has been a few months since I asked for a quote, but I remember it was in the $300-400 range for 6 months with multi car and house insurance bundled together.

Reactions: rraghu78