Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The main MR Waiting Room is starting to get nasty and tired of seeing everyone else get dates.
So let's start a Texas waiting room.
Fort Worth, TX
MR RWD
10/18/18 6PM PST
Midnight Silver
Black Interior
18 inch wheels
EAP
$2500 deposit
Priced $51,500

Haven't heard anything. Applying for the loan today at Allied Federal Credit Union. 60 months at 3.5%

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I ordered a MR, blue / black / 18" aero / no EAP
Reservations made Feb 4, 2017
Ordered on 10/20/18
Changed Black to Blue on 11/09/2018
I live in the North Dallas area.
I plan on trading in a vehicle.
I will be using 3rd party financing.
No Vin or contact from anyone from Tesla.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Finally... tesla contacted me yesterday

Order Date: 10/20/2018 - no prior reservation
Model: M3 MR RWD
Color: Black on Black
Customization: 19" wheels
Delivery Date: 12/7/2018 - I think they may pull this if I complete documentation and payments sooner

I think Tesla is not assigning VIN# first (or they stopped assigning), they may have a pool of cars ready depending on production batch and assigning VIN once payments are made so that they can assign a car to other people and not waiting for payments from one customer.

I have a trade-in and got decent market value from them, hoping my bank can make payments sooner so that I can get delivery sooner!
good luck!!!!

Delivery Date: 12/7/2018 - I think they may pull this if I complete documentation and payments sooner

I think Tesla is not assigning VIN# first (or they stopped assigning), they may have a pool of cars ready depending on production batch and assigning VIN once payments are made so that they can assign a car to other people and not waiting for payments from one customer.

I have a trade-in and got decent market value from them, hoping my bank can make payments sooner so that I can get delivery sooner!
good luck!!!!

That’s awesome! A North Texan hearing something 5 weeks later. Black on Black seems to be the most popular. Hoping this means we’ll be all hearing something soon then.

Congrats! So, looks like we don't need to check the account multiple times a day looking for VIN .. we will just get a call or text when it's ready ...

Qq .. did you get a loan for this, if so, would you recommend the bank/CU for me please ..

good luck!!!!

Congrats! So, looks like we don't need to check the account multiple times a day looking for VIN .. we will just get a call or text when it's ready ...

Qq .. did you get a loan for this, if so, would you recommend the bank/CU for me please ..
I got the loan from DCU (DCU | Personal & Business Banking | Massachusetts | New Hampshire), after monthly direct deposit and credit for buying EV car it came around 3.5%. I didnt shop around so this may not be the best "deal".

North Dallas

Black with white interior. No EAP. Aero wheels. Day 3 reservation holder, ordered 10/18 Paying cash, no trade Have not heard anything from Tesla.

I was only given the option of home delivery. I hear some will be requesting it be changed to being delivered at the service station. Is home delivery not a good thing? Sounds convenient, but have there been a lot of bad experiences with this that I should change delivery to the service center once I get my initial delivery date?

Thank you JayDrivesM3MR. I took auto loan from DCU last time (2012) and it was easy but the rates are little higher now.

The edit button gone the moment i changed the payment to Cash and submitted to confirm 5 days ago. No further updates from Tesla. No call or text.

I got the loan from DCU (DCU | Personal & Business Banking | Massachusetts | New Hampshire), after monthly direct deposit and credit for buying EV car it came around 3.5%. I didnt shop around so this may not be the best "deal".

Similar specs .. Black with White interior, no EAP, 18" Aero.

North Dallas

Black with white interior. No EAP. Aero wheels. Day 3 reservation holder, ordered 10/18 Paying cash, no trade Have not heard anything from Tesla.

I was only given the option of home delivery. I hear some will be requesting it be changed to being delivered at the service station. Is home delivery not a good thing? Sounds convenient, but have there been a lot of bad experiences with this that I should change delivery to the service center once I get my initial delivery date?

Ordered 11/19/18

Black on Black
19" Sport Wheels
EAP

No contact from a delivery agent yet, just a gallery adviser. He made sure I would upload all the necessary documents and that I should hear from someone within this week or next. We'll see!

Originally ordered Black on 11/02.
Changed color to Blue 11/18
Blue w/Black interior, MR / RWD / 18" / no EAP
No contact from Tesla but Fouad at Clearfork in Ft. Worth has been quick to reply to my concerns and questions.
Appyling for financing later this week in case I'm up against the EOY delivery. Don't want the 30 approved days to run out prior.