TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Texas on Track to Become the Fastest-Growing Utility-Scale Solar Market in the U.S.

Discussion in 'Texas' started by SW2Fiddler, Jun 30, 2016.

1. SW2Fiddler

SW2Fiddler Bannd Member

From my notifications on Utility Dive (I highly recommend for watching energy trends!)...
    Solar Energy Industries Association: Texas on Track to Become the Fastest-Growing Utility-Scale Solar Market in the U.S.

Dive Brief:
    • Texas could become the fastest-growing utility-scale solar market in the United States, according to data compiled by GTM Research and the Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA). There are more than 500 companies currently operating in the value chain.
    • There are 566 MW of solar currently installed in the state, but capacity is expected to more than double this year, SEIA said.
    • Texas will install more than 4,600 MW of solar capacity in the next five years, with more than 80% of it being utility-scale. Only California will install more solar capacity over the same timeframe.

2. JMG

JMG Member

I literally just fired off 4 emails for quotes for my two offices earlier this morning.

• Like x 1