Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Plates & Registration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, they actually answered my email earlier today. Did not see that one happening!
Hi,

I tried to reach out to Harris County Tax office and got no response. I've been waiting to register my car since Jan 2020. Could you please let me know to whom should I write a check to ? If possible, could you also include the tax office address (I tried Houston downtown office) ?
If u have already done this process and how many days did it took to get your permanent license plates after sending the documents ?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I tried to reach out to Harris County Tax office and got no response. I've been waiting to register my car since Jan 2020. Could you please let me know to whom should I write a check to ? If possible, could you also include the tax office address (I tried Houston downtown office) ?
If u have already done this process and how many days did it took to get your permanent license plates after sending the documents ?

Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks
Not difficult to find info by using Google. Assuming you have received your registration package from Tesla, looks like you'll need an appointment to visit in person and that's when you'll do your application for title, register and get tags, and pay your taxes. You don't need to go downtown - any of the Harris County Tax offices can do this for you.

Harris County Tax Office

Not difficult to find info by using Google. Assuming you have received your registration package from Tesla, looks like you'll need an appointment to visit in person and that's when you'll do your application for title, register and get tags, and pay your taxes. You don't need to go downtown - any of the Harris County Tax offices can do this for you.

Harris County Tax Office
I just noticed you've had the car since January 2020!! Be prepared to include some penalties in your check for taxes. If the car is financed hasn't the lender been asking for the title?