Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas State Parks & Scenic RV Parks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Expecting my Model S soon (payment made and Cali registration documents FedEx'd the AM).

Until the SuperCharging Network makes the triangle, Texas-sized road-trips may need some forethought. Even after we get the initial three statitions, there will be fun challenges planning routes outlying the triangle.

I know there is a hotel thread started. I hope it grows, as it could be very useful.

I am thinking that our family road-trips will include leisurely stops at places that already have plentiful NEMA 50 amp service. Stopping for a few hours is doable with my kids IF there is a nice hike or outdoor activity involved. We start north of Dalas and head down towards either New Braunfels or Galveston on a semi-regular basis. Adding 90 miles of range can be critical on some of our routes.

Once we get up and running, I will test the practice out and post updates on my experiences here. I am hoping you guys will join in, and we can build a list of A+ accommodations.

Andy