Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Comments on the new agreement with Ford to allow Ford vehicles access to Superchargers?

Me? I'm all for it.

First, it furthers the move to EVs. Right now, if you own a CCS vehicle here in deep south Texas, you can't get out of the region. There are no Level 3 CCS chargers between the Valley and San Antonio, and only a few slow ones in Corpus Christi and that probably won't get you to Houston. There are only two alternatives: either find a Level 2 charger somewhere along the way (that will make for a long trip) or use a CCS to Tesla adapter. (Do they exist now?)

Second - this will be a new revenue source for Tesla. I'll assume Tesla will charge a bit more for Ford's to charge up. That additional money can be used to build even more Superchargers faster. Yes - I know Tesla has always said Superchargers were not meant to be a profit maker, but times change.

Yes - I can hear the complaints about increased waiting times (think San Antonio Huebner Oaks or Columbus), but I reiterate that the additional funds can actually help build more than are being built now.
I’m also for it. It accelerates EV adoption, and NACS adoption.

Reactions: CarlS
Just looking around on Tesla's Supercharger map and noticed there are new markers for "Arlington, TX" and "Grapevine, TX" both slated for Q3 2023. There are already chargers in both those cities so maybe we're about to see some mid-city expansions. That would be nice!
Both have opened additional locations recently:

Arlington at 130 E Bardin Rd, Arlington, TX 76018
Grapevine at E Northwest Hwy #477, Grapevine, TX 76051 (literally about half a mile away from the original site, along the same route).

If you look at the number of locations in Permit & Construction you will notice that DFW area has the least amount of activity (4 locations) compared to Houston(10), Austin (7) and SA (6)

1691672764999.png

• Informative
Reactions: CarlS
San Antonio was sorely behind overall with only 2 old overused superchargers west I-10 so it’s a relief to see one more in service and several more permitted or under construction. Weekends routing through San Antonio has still been a headache due to all chargers full with waits, but the two under construction now will help a lot - at least me :).