Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are a couple of trips I would like to make from Austin but they aren't really practical yet. The San Angelo Supercharger was scheduled for a 2018 opening, and now we are closing in on the last quarter of 2019. Maybe that will be changed again from 2018 , 2019, to 2020. Does anyone have any info on that timing. Also need the Brenham location scheduled for 2018, hen 2019 to open.... Anyone know the status there?? Seems like some are open that were not scheduled for years , just suddenly added to the list , and some never open.. Logic vacuum at work again. Maybe they put the pricing guys in charge of Supercharger rollout.

Reactions: rafacq
There are a couple of trips I would like to make from Austin but they aren't really practical yet. The San Angelo Supercharger was scheduled for a 2018 opening, and now we are closing in on the last quarter of 2019. Maybe that will be changed again from 2018 , 2019, to 2020. Does anyone have any info on that timing. Also need the Brenham location scheduled for 2018, hen 2019 to open.... Anyone know the status there?? Seems like some are open that were not scheduled for years , just suddenly added to the list , and some never open.. Logic vacuum at work again. Maybe they put the pricing guys in charge of Supercharger rollout.
Brenham isn’t going to happen.

Supercharger - Giddings, TX

Did this thread die? I'm new here, awaiting delivery of Model 3. Trying to learn as much as I can.

FWIW:

The Cisco, TX Supercharger is up and running as of 1/18/2020 at least. Flying J Truck Stop. 10 stalls, very convenient, only 50 feet to the store entrance. Next one going West is Sweetwater, but I didn't need to visit. If you're going to Abilene, there is a Home type charger connector around back. Desk clerks told me to hook up no charge, so I had lunch there. GE charger next to it, but out of service.

The Ft. Worth Supercharger is up and running as of 1/18/2020 at least. 16 stalls IIRC, two are pull in stalls. This was my first Supercharger visit, with a just rented Model 3. While charging, I smelled smoke! When I stood down from Damage Control Red Alert, I saw the sign for the BBQ joint nearby. Darn near cost me a set of shorts...

The Southlake Supercharger - 10 stalls, one pull in IIRC. At edge of big shopping center but at least 100 yard walk to anything.

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Anyone travel between Dallas and Houston? If I lived in the cities or north of Houston or South of Dallas, I wouldn't mind. But the S will not make it from McKinney to League City - and I will need to scam some electrons along the way. I see there is a Level 2 at Sam Houston State ... but anyone know of any else? Somewhere mid way? Buc-ee's?

- - - Updated - - -

- obviously this is before the supercharger station goes in ...
That is not true, if you have a Chademo adapter, you can charge at any DC chargers that support Chademo. I have one.

How does the pricing compare? I plan on buying <choke> an adapter in case of Extreme Unction, but am not familiar with their cost/KwH

I pass the Southlake Supercharger every day; it's a great location, you're right, it's ~100yd walk to the nearest food place, but there's loads of choice. I'd take it any day over, say, Waco, where there's one very average option (Collin St Bakery).
But you're not going to get a free cup of coffee at that Starbucks for driving a Tesla, like you will at Collin Street. ;)

Greetings,

Has anyone in San Antonio checked the Alamo Heights HEB (Broadway and Patterson) to see if there is any activity there? It's a long shot but AH doesn't have permit visibility (that I know of) so taking a look is the only way to know. AFAIK, that's the only HEB location that's within the city of Alamo Heights.

Was he Mark from Houston? If so, that guy knows what's up. I've run into him while out supercharger hunting. Very nice guy.
I was just charging at the Collin Street Bakery in Lindale, and Tesla guy Bryan was there. Also very nice guy, quite chatty. I don't know where he's from, but his coverage area is all of Texas. He says that with the Gigafactory here, SpaceX and corporate move here, Texas will have 25+ new Supercharger sites installed soon. No time frame or locations provided, but clearly Texas is a priority.

I was just charging at the Collin Street Bakery in Lindale, and Tesla guy Bryan was there. Also very nice guy, quite chatty. I don't know where he's from, but his coverage area is all of Texas. He says that with the Gigafactory here, SpaceX and corporate move here, Texas will have 25+ new Supercharger sites installed soon. No time frame or locations provided, but clearly Texas is a priority.

I wouldn't get very excited. I had a similar conversation with someone from Tesla back in 2018.

I wouldn't get very excited. I had a similar conversation with someone from Tesla back in 2018.

Well this isn't a sales person, who have all established themselves as legendary in being notoriously inaccurate. Bryan is the Supercharger technician, who might just have some advanced info on Supercharger details.

Soon™
Trademark Tesla Corp. Vague way to avoid any promises, and can be interpreted to mean between 12 months and 100 years.
"soon" is one of those wonderful words that rarely meets the expectations of the receiver while often intended as well meaning be the sender.
In geological terms, soon could be sometime in the next few 100,000 years
Maybe in supercharger context it means sometime in the 3-4 years?
:)

• Funny
Reactions: CarlS