Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mckemie

If you visit there again please get some fresh pictures. .... from two states away it is the easiest way to take a look at the location. BTW, who will be next at ribbon cutting?

:crying:Texas or Oregon (Woodburn)
And as always, I think California appears to be winning that race between Texas and Oregon. They are opening one at the Tesla factory this week...
The Woodburn one (nicely located for me) is at least two weeks away from being opened. So my guess is Texas is next.

Where do you think the TSCS will be that connects the east and west coasts? When this happens it should be a HUGE event for all of us.. connecting the country!!! I often think of the old railroad pictures and events recreated in western movies:). I know it is a ways away but wanted to raise some consciousness about how big a deal it should be for Tesla Motors and, of course, all of us!! Anybody agree or am I off the mark here?

Will Elon be there to cut the ribbon?

... Miami and Seattle?
... Miami and Maine?
... How about Maine (northern route) to Seattle?

South Dakota
Yes
El Paso TX
New Hampshire
Montana

uhytateh.jpg

Just got this.

So exciting! Have you figured out how to get there from Dallas?

Well ... since you asked.

6Sept2013 ...

We will get up and leave by 6:45 (McKinney). I will drop her off at CareFlite at Grand Prairie Airport. That's 51 miles. Then I will head to the Domain in Austin. I shall salute (in appropriate fashion) the Waco Supercharger. It will be 192 miles further, putting 243 miles on the clock. I will charge for two hours (I do not have twin chargers). I do the knock-back method, so I am now knocked back to 183 miles. I will drive to Lost Pines (Bastrop) for another 32 miles and I have a lecture to give at 1:30. Yes, the time will be tight. I will leave Lost Pines and travel 43 miles on Camino Real (Airport Highway, 21, whatever) to 35 and then to San Marcos. I will now be at about 258 miles. This is 100% doable as:

- Last month I kept it at 293wh/mi and made it 277.7 miles running average at 68 mph with decent climate control and four people.

I will charge at San Marcos (so when y'all see the blue 19 sitting there for 75 minutes, look at the front, there will be a cell number - call it, I will move, let you charge, and pull back in). Probably eat, charge, shop, charge and then go pick up the wife at Bergstrom and head downtown to enjoy the evening on 6th. Domain on the way back. McKinney. Easy.

Deadmau5 all the way !!!!

- sorry (@bollar) ... I wasn't going to be making it there on the actual ribbon cutting day ... but just took this liberty, opportunity, and pen-time to harangue on about my upcoming trip

So I won't be at the Domain on the 20th, but rather on the 6th - Then I will let BadA** sip pure DC for the first time. They say you never forget ...

Yes, that's two, so far topping off at The Domain. They have three chargers, if I recall correctly, one of which is a 14-50. With some planning, I'm sure you all can work it out....
Correct. For anyone who hasn't been to the Domain, the chargers are on level 2 of the parking structure across the street from the Tesla Gallery. There is no driveway from that street into the parking structure, you have to enter from the end of the block or the street on the other side of the structure. The last time I was there (last Friday) there was a Tesla demo MS plugged in. If it's still there, I'm sure one of the Gallery reps would be happy to move it if necessary.

Yet another trip to the San Marcos SC. At 8am Thursday, STILL no power!

The doors to the food court were open, however. That is, access to restrooms. Though none of the food vendors were yet open. So, maybe there will be 24 hour restroom access. I did not find any wifi. Maybe they leave their router powered off when the place is unattended.

Let's see if I successfully attached a photo........

Attachments

• IMG_20130815_204204.jpg
    IMG_20130815_204204.jpg
    554.1 KB · Views: 385
SAN MARCOS!!!... Is anyone else suprised as much as I am that this is where they choose the 1st SC in Texas....Most can probably make it from Austin to San Antonio without having to re charge. If you ask me this is just more for show and marketing than anything else. Wheere are the real SC's going to be. BTW I received an email today from Tesla stating grand opening of the San Marcos SC will be 8/20....Probably no power until that date.

Thanks, mckemie!

Hopefully, they'll put up some more signage to discourage ICEing by the time of the ribbon cutting next week.

- - - Updated - - -

SAN MARCOS!!!... Is anyone else suprised as much as I am that this is where they choose the 1st SC in Texas....Most can probably make it from Austin to San Antonio without having to re charge. If you ask me this is just more for show and marketing than anything else. Wheere are the real SC's going to be. BTW I received an email today from Tesla stating grand opening of the San Marcos SC will be 8/20....Probably no power until that date.
Who knows how the gears of the bureaucracies turn. Maybe just the first one to pop.

Yes, I can make it from Austin to San Antonio, but having the SC should make a day trip easier since I wouldn't need to charge in SA before returning.

BTW, the others that are under way or starting can be seen here: Details of Tesla Superchargers in Texas s Blog

Last edited:

I am just amazed by the things some people find to complain about. Tesla did not "choose" San Marcos to be the location for the first supercharger in Texas. They announced in June that the one between Austin and Dallas would be the first. The San Marcos one was on the fall map. We don't know what caused the delay in AUS-DFW or the change from Temple to Waco for that SC, but I for one am glad they didn't stick to their planned sequence and are putting them in when the contracts and permitting is done, even if that means opening a planned fall SC before the summer ones are in. San Marcos will be one of the two SCs necessary for a trip between San Antonio and Dallas. No it's not that useful to me in Austin, except for a round trip to San Antonio for the day without having to charge there, but I'm happy for any superchargers we get, as soon as we can get them.

As somebody who just did the Dallas (Irving, TX) to Houston (Richmond, TX) trip in the Tesla this past weekend, I get what you are saying zero. I was able to complete the drive, albeit it took almost 6 hours instead of the usual 4.5-5hrs each way and stopped at an RV park going to and from. My wife and my puppy did not once complain about the over-extended stay even though it was 100 degrees outside, we managed. This will become a thing of the past in the next several weeks. Any SC in Texas or any state is progress and it is progress we need to appreciate. If some of us continue to complain about something, we would get nowhere. This is not for show, it's something that will be utilized as TexasEV stated for those traveling from DFW-San Antonio and vice versa.

Great to see San Marco completed! I think the TSCSNetwork roll out is one of the most critical components of TM. Woodburn OR will probably be next... and at some point the coasts will connect!! I have to pinch myself once in while to remind me we are seeing this in realtime! My infant granddaughter will read about this in a history book. The TSCSNR is beyond awesome... one station at a time:)! I'm very proud to be an owner of a Tesla Model S, a building block of the greatest transformational change in automotive transportation this century.