Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible that they are pre-fabricating them - you know - in a module sense?

Sure, but we should still be able to find a permit somewhere and some utility locator painting.

My guess is that one will be located at the Temple Mall, but I have no inside information.

I also don't think it's likely that one will be in Waco - too close to the one on the north side of the route.

SpaceX is still an interesting idea, but 40-60 minutes in their parking lot doesn't sound all that fun.

Due to the lack of identified construction on I-35, I'm going to renew hope for a surprise appearance at exit 353. CZECH Stop.

:)

Truth is I'll still be shocked if the locations are other than previously discussed. The outlet malls in Hillsboro and San Marcos seem to be locks, and the Temple location is the perfect confluence of roadways with easy access for folks heading up to Space X as an added bonus.

I really hope the rumors of impending openings are true, but I am maintaining my patience exercise in the interim.

Andy

- - - Updated - - -

Unless the reward is free rib-eye and Dr. Pepper lunches in the executive cafeteria!!!
Or if the grasshopper is hopping.

Last edited:
I sent an email this am. I am traveling in the 6th of september This is what I got back ...

Hi. ****

Thanks for your email. That sounds like a great trip! I can share with you
that we’re opening a Supercharger Location near Waco sometime in September,
but I’m not 100% certain that it will be open by the time of your trip. We
will be updating our Texas customers as soon as we have better information,
and you’re welcome to check back with us as your trip nears. For now, I
would plan on spending the night somewhere, but you will certainly be
informed if the station is opening before the 9/6 date.****

There will be an open Supercharging station past Austin and into San Marcos
by then, should you need to continue your journey down south and charge.
We’re hoping to have this open just before September.****

Keep checking our website for new site announcements; we

- the rest is flotsam/jetsam.

A supercharger at the outlets, allowing for a nice lunch at Centerpoint Station would be PERFECT for me. It would cement my 85/60 and twin chargers/no TC dilemmas. An S85 would let me route Abilene to San Marcos to Corpus in one day. Without it, I'd need TCs to use the Austin store's HPWC which would also be several hours more travel time. (The recent TC/HPWC bundling decision also pretty much sealed that issue for me, too.)

First TX station finished, hiding in plain sight. Austin / San Antonio folks are closest. Projected:

Soft opening: Saturday, 17 Aug (potentially operational, just needs juice)
Ribbon Cutting: Early (7am?) Tuesday, 20 Aug

I will probably head over from Houston on the weekend to check it out, but not sure I can make the ribbon cutting since it is during the week.

Has Tesla done a study on the effects on the battery temperature when supercharging on a hot Texas day with ambient temps at 105F ? Or are the owners going to be doing the testing ?

Nissan did a very poor job of testing in AZ, and then later Leaf owners found out the hard way.

Irrespective of what Tesla might say i would be really concerned Supercharging on any 100F+ day, until anecdotal evidence comes out

This might have been discussed already, but what about the area around Buc-ee's on 45 for Dallas to Houston? We are on a family trip to The Woodlands and have stopped here and thought I would see what the thoughts were on this location.

This might have been discussed already, but what about the area around Buc-ee's on 45 for Dallas to Houston? We are on a family trip to The Woodlands and have stopped here and thought I would see what the thoughts were on this location.

Discussed? Absolutely.

Desired? Extremely absolutely.

Confirmed? Unfortunately it looks like Fremont is focusing 100% of efforts and press/email releases on I35 for now.

<sigh>

Has Tesla done a study on the effects on the battery temperature when supercharging on a hot Texas day with ambient temps at 105F ? Or are the owners going to be doing the testing ?

Nissan did a very poor job of testing in AZ, and then later Leaf owners found out the hard way.

Irrespective of what Tesla might say i would be really concerned Supercharging on any 100F+ day, until anecdotal evidence comes out
I might go back through my logs later, but I'm pretty sure at least half a dozen of my supercharges in California were done in 100+F. The highest I recall was 109F.

"Effects" is pretty broad. Do you mean impact on the efficiency or speed of SC? Or on battery degradation or...