Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now if only there was a "safer" way to drive from Houston to Shreveport. It's dicey from Huntsville to Shreveport if it is raining a lot or if it is really cold. Would be nice to get a SC midway up hwy 59.

FYI, its now open! Received this email today from Tesla:

The Shreveport, LA
Supercharger Station is Now Open
We are excited to announce that theShreveport, LA Supercharger Station is now open. New Supercharger Stations open every week, enabling more options for free long-distance travel, for life.

Details about all of our Supercharger Stations and destination charging locations can be found on our find uspage. Thank you for supporting the transition to sustainable energy.

For what it's worth, here's my best guess at the 17 upcoming locations listed on this Supercharger graphic: 2016 Superchargers | Tesla Motors

1. Tyler
  2. Fort Worth
  3. Cisco
  4. Sweetwater
  5. Odessa
  6. Pecos
  7. El Paso
  8. Sulphur Springs
  9. Rosenberg
  10. Victoria
  11. Calallen, Corpus Cristi
  12. Raymondville
  13. San Antonio
  14. Sonora
  15. Sheffield
  16. Fort Stockton
  17. Three Rivers

Here is a page with them grouped by corridor with mileage between and notations of "missing" Superchargers.

John

From that map, it looks to me that your #14 would be closer to Junction than than Sonora. That wouldn't be too bad of a spacing issue, it's about 115m from SA and 140m from the San Marcos SC. Taking into account the fact that you are in the Hill Country and that stretch has a good bit of up & down action and has heavy winds a fair amount of the time, I think better spacing would be one in Sonora, as you suggested, and another further east, in Kerrville. Sonora, by itself, at 170 miles or so, would be a pretty long run from SA, but then again, they may build out Sonora with plans on filling in to the east later.

-KC

Looking at new non-residential construction permits of more than $50K for June and July in Texarkana, there are only two issued permits that would seem to be candidates:

*4200 Galleria Oaks, 8750 Sq ft, $650K
Looks like a good location but seems too large and too expensive.

*150 Bella Vista Cr, 3000 sq ft, $185K
Another good location although not so much around it, square footage and cost seem more like what you might expect.

Does anyone have good estimates for what the square footage and cost should be?

Last edited:
Looking at new non-residential construction permits of more than $50K for June and July in Texarkana, there are only two issued permits that would seem to be candidates:

*4200 Galleria Oaks, 8750 Sq ft, $650K
Looks like a good location but seems too large and too expensive.

*150 Bella Vista Cr, 3000 sq ft, $185K
Another good location although not so much around it, square footage and cost seem more like what you might expect.

Does anyone have good estimates for what the square footage and cost should be?

Looks like the first one was a typo. Looking at the website permits, its actually 4200 Gibson Lane (not galleria oaks). This would not be a good location.

Bella Vista Circle doesn't look like its either. That's the address for a senior living facility.

Looks like nothing yet as far as permits go.

Texarkana is a great town and plenty of great spots. Hopefully they will find something soon.

Looks like the first one was a typo. Looking at the website permits, its actually 4200 Gibson Lane (not galleria oaks). This would not be a good location.

Bella Vista Circle doesn't look like its either. That's the address for a senior living facility.

Looks like nothing yet as far as permits go.

Texarkana is a great town and plenty of great spots. Hopefully they will find something soon.
This is the document I looked at http://www.ci.texarkana.tx.us/DocumentCenter/View/3696

I don't see anything for Gibson Lane on there. Are you using a different reference?

Edit: n/m, I see what you mean. It's on the permit document.

Okay, the August permit list for Texarkana is up.

Interesting findings:
*4545 Cowhorn Creek: looks like a perfect location, listed as a "remodel" at the Holiday Inn Express. Only problem is that it's way too big (40K sq. ft.).

*5102 Summer Crossing: near the highway, but a remodel at a McDonald's. Has Tesla ever gone in with Mickey-D's?

*4116 Gibson Lane: not as close to I-30 as the other two, nothing around in the way of food, and also seem to be afiiliated with a Cell Repair business? Not very likely.

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
The missing I-10 supercharger east of Houston just opened today in Channelview
Find Us | Tesla

Tesla can still surprise us!

How they got this one by @SW2Fiddler is beyond me.

He almost had me thinking he got himself banned too:

Screenshot 2016-10-11 14.00.28.png

Cute. :)

Mike

Reactions: SW2Fiddler