Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bummer. I WANT one in CC. Oh well.

Here's a pic from TripAdvisor reportedly from the Kingsville Supercharger:
tesla-supercharging-station.jpg
This is the placement that I saw saw I think the picture is accurate. , James

I sent this info to Blueshift at supercharge.com. I gave him the address for the HIExpress I found online at 2400 South Highway 77, Kingsville, TX 78363. I hope this is correct. The satellite view doesn't show anything close except for an ihop. Let me know if I have the wrong location so I can get the correct info to supercharge.com. Thx

At least the IHOP is open 24 hours. I'll take that over three spots that may be more appealing but all close at 9pm.

We didn't know about the last 3 until they were done, or almost done. There may be others under construction that we don't know about yet!
I'm wondering that as well, the last group seemed to just materialize as mostly finished.
It makes sense that the route to B'ville is completed for SpaceX - I'm holding out hope for the westbound I-10 and I-20 routes as well though.

I'm wondering that as well, the last group seemed to just materialize as mostly finished.
It makes sense that the route to B'ville is completed for SpaceX - I'm holding out hope for the westbound I-10 and I-20 routes as well though.

Seems to me, any possible locations out west would be even more likely to just pop up out of nowhere. So much space to cover and not a whole lot out there. If they didn't show up on Tesla's map, then who's gonna spot 'em?

Seems to me, any possible locations out west would be even more likely to just pop up out of nowhere. So much space to cover and not a whole lot out there. If they didn't show up on Tesla's map, then who's gonna spot 'em?

Especially if they are not reachable from another Supercharger or someone's home. Who wants to have to drive an ICE to search for Superchargers? It just seems wrong.

We ventured out to Junction to look for any activity a few weeks ago, but it is not easy, even in a town that small. You have to start off looking on Google Maps for likely locations and check those out first, all the time looking for construction equipment that might be involved in unexpected places. It seems like invariably there is road construction going on, so you have to try to pick out activity that might be hiding in parking lots behind a bunch of equipment doing unrelated road work.

Of course, all the time making sure you have enough juice to make your next charging location...

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
So now that the 2017 Supercharger Dream Map is released, it looks like 19 locations that are not yet built, under construction, or permitted on supercharge.info (counting Midland, which is designated as "coming soon" on the Tesla 2016 map, but not on supercharge.info)

I don't have the patience or tools to be able to overlay the maps to get accurate locations, but here's my eyeballed list:

Harlingen - SpaceX access
Falfurrias - no idea
Laredo
Pearsall - to get to Laredo
San Antonio Service Center - I-10 west
Schulenburg - on 77 , so SpaceX related?
Sugarland - 59/69 to SpaceX
Beaumont - I-10 flexibility
Nacogdoches - 59/69 north
Brenham - 290 route between Houston and Austin
College Station
Austin
Pecos
Midland
San Angelo - no idea
Dallas
Fort Worth
Wichita Falls
Lubbock

Some of these don't make much sense to me, but neither do a lot of other locations. I have no idea why Falfurrias, for example. It's hard to tell where the two dots near CC are located. I know one is Kingsville, and the other is either Calallen or Falfurrias. Calallen makes sense, but that isn't what it looks like.

Yeah looks like one around the DFW, east area and one over in Ft Worth. I would definitely love one in E Dallas. Had to take the ICE over the weekend for our annual trip to Dallas, the DSO Christmas concert and back home. I could've done it with Chademo, but just didn't have the time.