Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the charger being built in Italy, TX, one can't help but notice how well Dallas is served. Is Dallas chock full of Teslas? With 3 choices heading south, too. Is Italy for a specific route not served by Waco & Corsicana, or are we seeing some redundancy in the network? (Good!)

Apparently San Antonio still doesn't have enough owners :) The 5 overworked stalls in San Marcos are the closest.

Almost started a new thread... What's next for Texas superchargers? Any bets on which 2017 SpC will open next?

Not sure which is the Dallas location with a permit. Would it be Dallas, Plano, or perhaps Mesquite?

Anyway, here is what I have parsed out of the Tesla web page -

2017 (Opening soon?) - Austin, TX - North Loop | Tesla
2017 (Southlake?) - Grapevine, TX | Tesla
2017 - Austin, TX - Downtown | Tesla
2017 - Dallas, TX | Tesla
2017 - Dilley, TX | Tesla
2017 - Fort Stockton, TX | Tesla
2017 - Fort Worth, TX | Tesla
2017 - Fredericksburg, TX | Tesla
2017 - Houston, TX | Tesla
2017 - Laredo, TX | Tesla
2017 - Pecos, TX | Tesla
2017 - Plano, TX | Tesla
2017 - San Antonio, TX | Tesla
2017 - Wichita Falls, TX | Tesla

2018 - Beaumont, TX | Tesla
2018 - Brenham, TX | Tesla
2018 - Cedar Park, TX | Tesla
2018 - College Station, TX | Tesla
2018 - Dallas, TX - Mesquite | Tesla
2018 - Falfurrias, TX | Tesla
2018 - Houston, TX - Katy | Tesla
2018 - Houston, TX - Uptown | Tesla
2018 - Lubbock, TX | Tesla
2018 - San Angelo, TX | Tesla
2018 - San Antonio, TX -Walden Meadows | Tesla
2018 - Sugarland, TX | Tesla

Last edited:
Reactions: CarlS
Almost started a new thread... What's next for Texas superchargers? Any bets on which 2017 SpC will open next?

Not sure which is the Dallas location with a permit. Would it be Dallas, Plano, or perhaps Mesquite?

Anyway, here is what I have parsed out of the Tesla web page -

2017 (Opening soon?) - Austin, TX - North Loop | Tesla
2017 (Southlake?) - Grapevine, TX | Tesla
2017 - Austin, TX - Downtown | Tesla
2017 - Dallas, TX | Tesla
2017 - Dilley, TX | Tesla
2017 - Fort Stockton, TX | Tesla
2017 - Fort Worth, TX | Tesla
2017 - Fredericksburg, TX | Tesla
2017 - Houston, TX | Tesla
2017 - Laredo, TX | Tesla
2017 - Pecos, TX | Tesla
2017 - Plano, TX | Tesla
2017 - San Antonio, TX | Tesla
2017 - Wichita Falls, TX | Tesla

2018 - Beaumont, TX | Tesla
2018 - Brenham, TX | Tesla
2018 - Cedar Park, TX | Tesla
2018 - College Station, TX | Tesla
2018 - Dallas, TX - Mesquite | Tesla
2018 - Falfurrias, TX | Tesla
2018 - Houston, TX - Katy | Tesla
2018 - Houston, TX - Uptown | Tesla
2018 - Lubbock, TX | Tesla
2018 - San Angelo, TX | Tesla
2018 - San Antonio, TX -Walden Meadows | Tesla
2018 - Sugarland, TX | Tesla

According to supercharge.info only the Austin site is actually under construction. If I set the Over/Under on total number of new SC's opened in Texas by the end of 2017 at 2.5, which way would you bet?

According to supercharge.info only the Austin site is actually under construction. If I set the Over/Under on total number of new SC's opened in Texas by the end of 2017 at 2.5, which way would you bet?

Austin has the transformer set and all the Tesla construction appears done. Looks like it still needs some equipment from Austin Energy and then Tesla to do the final testing. Could be very soon (or not).

I have no idea what to expect. Italy and Nacadoches showed up quickly. Where did the crew move from there? Ft. Stockton would be the biggest win for cross country completing the I-10 route. They just finished Italy, so perhaps Ft. Worth or Fredericksburg? Or do they shift to the city charger thing? San Antonio?

I took the time to list all of them here from the Tesla web page so we can compare later in the year :)

Reactions: HillCountryFun
Austin has the transformer set and all the Tesla construction appears done. Looks like it still needs some equipment from Austin Energy and then Tesla to do the final testing. Could be very soon (or not).

I have no idea what to expect. Italy and Nacadoches showed up quickly. Where did the crew move from there? Ft. Stockton would be the biggest win for cross country completing the I-10 route. They just finished Italy, so perhaps Ft. Worth or Fredericksburg? Or do they shift to the city charger thing? San Antonio?

I took the time to list all of them here from the Tesla web page so we can compare later in the year :)

We shall see. I hope they can meet their projections.

Fort Stockton, San Antonio, and College Station seem most critical, IMO.

The over-under for 2017 has to be 1. Vegas would end up taking the bet down because of the flood of money on the under-side.
I tend to agree. It does look like they can pop them into a parking garage pretty quickly (or at least without drawing attention), so I'm curious if there is anything in the works that no one has noticed (Dallas, Ft Worth, Austin - Downtown). Otherwise, South Lake (Grapevine) looks like the only one that may have a chance.